How does this keep happening

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In defense of Buckshot, if he is willing to keep reloading, time and time again, then size of his bankroll does not matter. Right now, it's as if he had a $750 bankroll. If he's willing to deposit another several thousand then he is properly bankrolled for his limit, the money is just in his bank account (getting interest) rather than on the online site.

Buckshot, bad beats are to be expected. Generally you want about 20 full buy-ins for whatever level of ring game you're going to play. This is because even the best of players can go on bad luck streaks where they lose 10 (or more) so buy-ins. So to protect yourself from these downswings you need a bankroll that can absorb that spells.
So at $5 NL ($.02/$.05) you want $100. At $200 NL ($1/$2) you want $4,000. But again, as long as you keep redepositing it's the same as having a bigger bankroll.

Buckshot, if you keep getting in those situations you're going to win them a lot more often than you lose. You need to shrug it off. When you have a big loss in a game and it only dents your online bankroll rather than emptying it, it's a lot less psychologically damaging.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This time I have 9,7 off and check on the button. The flop is 10, 9, 7 and I call a $12 bet. The turn is a 9 so I check raise to $200. The river is a 10 and I lose to a better boat. I've been playing for like 20 minutes each time. There is no way you can keep getting sucked out on this many times.
You have 97os and check on the button?:confused:
If you cannot distinguish the BB from the button, then you are truly inexperienced and are playing way out of your league so I implore you to move down levels immediately or just give your money to me(j/k).
Seriously though, learn some BRM.

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, now I flop top set and the nuts (7's) and go all in for 400 and a guy catches runner runner for a straight.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you bet too much money

5 losses: 5 posts. Atleast post in hand analysis and stop with the "alternate outcome of +EV situation" stories. Wait for the stone cold nuts to put $400 on if you can't take the suckouts.
Edit: almost forgot my pledge.

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe this is a pity gimmick

Last edited:
S

sliver101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im thinking hes posting but not reading/listening to anyones advise

Pike60

Pike60

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this thread is on the level, I'm thinking someone is trying to find the fast way to doubling or tripling their money in one hand using less than guaranteed winning cards.

You also seem to be following the practices of some of the new wave players (mostly the Romanians, Turks and Brasilians...not everyone from these places but many of them), where they will have ace rag and shove all in in the hopes that either the table will fold or their top pair will hold up through the turn and river. Sometimes it works,many times it doesn't.

You may be a little too aggressive too early and should probably save the big push until you at least see the turn. Especially after taking a beating a couple times playing pretty much the same way.

As was suggested, check out the bankroll management thread. It can't hurt.

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 97os and check on the button?:confused:
If you cannot distinguish the BB from the button, then you are truly inexperienced and are playing way out of your league so I implore you to move down levels immediately or just give your money to me(j/k).
Seriously though, learn some BRM.

I obviously misspoke, I was on the BB. That doesn't change the fact that having the nuts after the flop or being a 90% favorite and continuously losing is almost impossible unless somebody knows what's coming.

How can I have JJ pre-flop and raise to $20, get called by a guy with with Jh, 3h then hit the 4th jack on the flop (the flop also had an Ace) only to have him make a flush and bust me yet again.

I don't press bad hands either. I just had A, Q and flop K, Q, Q and of course there is runner runner diamonds so there are 4 on the board. I know to fold that shit.

I have been playing poker for about 8 years and NEVER had a run of "bad luck" like this. I'm down almost $2,000 and haven't even been ahead significantly one time. I play in AC and do fine but it's almost a 3 hour drive so I figured that online was an option. I realize that there are more idiots online and that they don't fold so I rarely bluff at a pot unless I've got a good reason. You would just think that flopping two pair or a set or a straight would be good enough to win at least a hand once in awhile.

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The strangest thing is that I keep getting beat by guys who aren't even on a draw unless they catch runner runner but they always do.

K

KacieNicole

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but if it makes you feel any better I mean c'mon JJ and hitting your trips.....I would go all-in too in a heartbeat :)
You just gotta be patient and capitilize and your strongest hands not just TP but GL to you :)

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've taken a break for a few days here recently. I can say that the players are much more aggressive on FT as opposed to other sites. The problem with the other sites were I always did well (Doyles Room, Poker.com) is that there aren't enough tables/players. I end up playing with the same people every night. I hope that my bad luck on FT will even but never being able to win a sizable pot is just about ridiculous.

D

Dr_Dick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buckshot,

There are only two beliefs you could hold:

(1) Your on a bad run
(2) FT is fixed

Of course you could believe online poker is the work of satan, but let's stick to the two that have any real relevancy to this post.

(1) If your on a bad run, then suck it up. It has nothing to do with online verses live. It can happen and it does. I have been on a huge bad run live for the last month. I've been winning online where I play lower limits and I've been getting crushed live where I am playing the higher limits, losing the last 4/5 sets with all my mulah in the pot.

(2) If you don't trust online poker, why would you be playing 1-2 unless you just have tons of money to blow? I think many people are hesitant at first so they play micro games, well within their limits. As they get more comfortable that it is not rigged, withdrawing money, etc., they move up in limits that are supported by their BR. I realize you must trust other sites like Doyles, Poker.com because you stated you did well, still if I was to move to another site I think I would not start right off playing the higher limits.

D

Dayne G.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I signed up for FT and have already made 3 $250 deposits. The first one I had JJ and flopped 10, 2, J and went all in for about $320, got called and a guy sucked out a straight on the river and busted me.

Then I had A, K and flopped A, 9, 4 and went all in for about $400 and got beat by A, 10 when he sucked out two pair on the river.

Then I had K, Q and flopped K, 10, 7 and went all in for about $190 and got beat by Ad, 9d when he caught runner runner diamonds for a flush.

I almost wish there would be definitive proof that online poker is fixed then I'd quit. How can these idiots keep calling w/ nothing or on some bs draw? I NEVER EVER catch when I chase.

LIMIT = losing one bet at a time!

NL = quote above! ;)

-Dayne

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know some people have already said this buck, but move down in limits would be a good start. your clearly getting killed right now at the 1-2 nl tables. and also, consider this....a lot of people online multitable and may well be completely unaware that your playing a solid game and raising with only strong hands etc. not to mention the faction of online players who just doesnt give a shit and will call you down because they think your bluffing. take the br managment advice as well. good luck to you.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your bad run is unfortunate, but could you please post about something/anything else? So far you're just stopping by CC after badbeats to vent. I can't speak for all of CC, but I'm not interested in this kind of relationship. Hmm, I'm sure there are songs about this...anyone have a theme song for this continuing thread?

MR TOYMAKER

MR TOYMAKER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say BR management. Even if you have 250.00 roll I would play like I had 50.00 roll. Ring games are a quick way to lose or win money. Short sessions in them and changing games when you get beat like that. Problem is we tend to get tilted when beat and stay trying to recover money when we should seek different game or limit. Online poker, especially FULL TILT is full of sharks. Besides, in my own opinion the higher limit ring games you might be playing against tables full of friends( collusion) Im just saying :eek: ..... using instant messager ect.... to gain advantage. MTT's and STG's are safer bet against this type of possibilty. Be smart if you are new to ONLINE poker, take your time and learn about the online vs live poker. Play lower limits and don't move up until you get success there first. :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cry me a river? Seems to fit well as the theme song for this thread
You were the button
You raised pre-flop
But you didnt know the monster I was holding, no
So you took a chance
To steal with your hand
I bet you didn't think that I come over the top of you, no

You dont have to say, what you hold
I already know, you can't beat kings
Now there is just a slim chance, for you to win, you're not the fav
And don't that just make you sick about it

You told me you had me
You though I was bluffing, so you called
Now you see the mistake you made
And you need a miracle to fall
Here is the news, you must have me confused
With some other LAG
My hand is holding firm, after the turn
But its an...Ace on the river
Ace on the River
Ace on the River
Ace on the River, no, no

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, i was just looking for titles on emot. abus. relat.
Philthy wins the songwriting segment

I

intlplaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U did not have the nuts

If you are going to go all in like that in the future you better wait until you have the nuts before you shove your whole stack

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish i could get action from no pair + no draw when i flop a set like you do...

W

WolfShadow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems to me ur using all ur ammo (chips/BR) to take 1 shot at hitting ur goal, u didnt have the nutz, and over bid ur hand. Online poker some players will play any2 cards. U got to ask urself (why is this player callin) and believe (most the time) that they managed to suck out a hand with rags.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can relate to a degree as I've had times where I've hit badbeats ALOT in succession (you know,. the 4:1 fav. preflop stuff,.. that's just badluck), but also the other stuff (87% fav. on flop, etc.) where you get beat by absolute junk.
Hearing some of the advice above,... good and not so great. One being, wait to get your money in on the turn (in some situations,.. but what are ya gonna do,.. give the guy the odds to draw out on ya?... I don't think so).
So many players online are young, new, super aggressive, lacking knowledge, and loose as all hell, making ridiculous calls (probably thinking that your bet in relation to how they play,.. which could be very limited knowledge and experience).
I've stopped playing online with intentions of winning a bunch of cash and instead now use it more for seeing more hands in a short period of time, with expectations of running into morons,.. often.
I also never risk much on a cash table and actually my preference is for Mtts, where players are usually playing a bit tighter game (hopefully).
Yah, yah,.. I know, BUT you make most of your money from the loose idiot donkeys,... sure, but it can start to hurt when you get hit with suckout after suckout (not talking just 5 of them).
If it ain't working,... try something different. I find other games besides NLHE online to be better (sometimes) as you get alot less of the 'tv-poker viewing kids', thinking that a typical ring game is the same as an edited version of final table tourney play of an MTT.
I used to save some of my worst suckout handhistories,.... but why,... do I need to be reminded of them?? NOT. I know in each case, I made the correct decision and wouldn't have played it any differently (most of the time) and this is what poker is all about to me,.. not just about the immediate results.
Good 'Luck',... hope it comes around for ya. And as mentioned,.. why not drop down a bit in buy-ins so it doesn't hurt as much?
The 'get rich' quick scheme has never materialized for me online, but a nice hit in an Mtt is always nice.

willie beaman

willie beaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your playing limits are too high. Depositing 200-300 on average, play the .10/.25 or .25/.5 tables. Even if you lose $15 in a hand, it's not your entire bankroll. If you decide to redeposit, go about it in this manner and play a few sit-n-gos, but no higher than $5 buy-in.