How does this keep happening

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I signed up for FT and have already made 3 $250 deposits. The first one I had JJ and flopped 10, 2, J and went all in for about $320, got called and a guy sucked out a straight on the river and busted me.

Then I had A, K and flopped A, 9, 4 and went all in for about $400 and got beat by A, 10 when he sucked out two pair on the river.

Then I had K, Q and flopped K, 10, 7 and went all in for about $190 and got beat by Ad, 9d when he caught runner runner diamonds for a flush.

I almost wish there would be definitive proof that online poker is fixed then I'd quit. How can these idiots keep calling w/ nothing or on some bs draw? I NEVER EVER catch when I chase.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are saying you depostied 250$ and then whent to the 200NL tables?
If thats the case you need to search some BRM articles.
Badbeats are going to happen bouth live and online if your playing with good BRM they shouldnt hurt u.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then I had A, K and flopped A, 9, 4 and went all in for about $400 and got beat by A, 10 when he sucked out two pair on the river.

Then I had K, Q and flopped K, 10, 7 and went all in for about $190 and got beat by Ad, 9d when he caught runner runner diamonds for a flush.

Also i whouldnt call this bad beats,all u had whas TP

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing 1-2 NL. I just can't believe that people will call with nothing but some stupid draw.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those are bad beats sindri, but 3 of them is no big deal if you aren't putting so much on one hand. Is your BR several thousand?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well to play 1-2 you need a bankroll of AT LEAST $4000 (I wouldn't be comfortable without $6000 minimum). $250 should be playing .05-.10 at most.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are bad beats sindri, but 3 of them is no big deal if you aren't putting so much on one hand. Is your BR several thousand?
The JJ hand is obvs. a bad beat but the other to hands....
AkvsA10 on the A,9,4 board is 86,7vs12.1% split 1.2 ok its a suckout but not so bad.
Then the KQvsA9 on K,10,7 is 80.9vs19.1% sucks to lose this but u will in 2/10 hands so.......
There obvs. bouth terrible calls from vilians.

Never mind im not going to hijack the thread and turn it into an anlysis.
I think the most important think here is that the OP reads How to Build Your Online Poker Bankroll: Where you Should Start and this
https://www.cardschat.com/f49/bankroll-management-71029/ .

And then search the web a litle bit for Bankroll Management articles.

I dont play much ring games but i whouldnt dream of going to the 1-2 tables with out a BR of atleast 5-6k.

Hope u whount lose your next deposit and good luck :)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vanquish always gets right to the point.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok then whats the threshold, suckout/badbeat <5% badbeat?

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um, it might not happen if you wouldnt put your entire bankroll on a single table......

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok then whats the threshold, suckout/badbeat <5% badbeat?
I dont know never really thought about it,allwys kinda fellt it whas when the vilian had no clear out an needed perfect-perfect to win.
But like i sayed ive never really thought about it.
You should start a poll to discover the bad beat threshold;)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just go to the second blue column at the top of the page and click on the "search"

type in Bank Roll Management........begin reading and learning

CC is the Shizzzzzz for this kind of stuff

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Done Sindri. My first poll and first thread other than asking if poker players had souls.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just go to the second blue column at the top of the page and click on the "search"

type in Bank Roll Management........begin reading and learning

CC is the Shizzzzzz for this kind of stuff

Well said.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
lol.
going all in on top pair with your entire bankroll...

yeah read bankroll management articles.

S

sliver101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ur using 3 hands to illustrate what??? an ur brm needs some serious attention btw

L

LUCIUS VARENUS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simple enough rule is dont risk more than 5% of your roll at any one time

B

buckshot1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This time I have 9,7 off and check on the button. The flop is 10, 9, 7 and I call a $12 bet. The turn is a 9 so I check raise to $200. The river is a 10 and I lose to a better boat. I've been playing for like 20 minutes each time. There is no way you can keep getting sucked out on this many times.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This time I have 9,7 off and check on the button. The flop is 10, 9, 7 and I call a $12 bet. The turn is a 9 so I check raise to $200. The river is a 10 and I lose to a better boat. I've been playing for like 20 minutes each time. There is no way you can keep getting sucked out on this many times.

yeah, you can. and that's not even a lot of times. play for lower stakes or be prepared to lose your rent money.

BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get used to it, that's internet poker. Play lower stakes, it hurts less when you suckout - or even better, play live poker.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am moving this from poker rooms to Learning Poker.

Buckshot - as several people have pointed out above you can not deposit $250 and go straight to 1-2 NL. You should lose and you are losing. You do not have enough money to compete at that level and frankly not enough poker experience.

Do not be embarrassed or afraid to start at the level you can afford to play at.