Freerolls are good for training

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
love freerolls for extra practice

When I was younger and had no bankroll to use, freerolls was life haha. Allowed me to practice my game while not spending a dime, can't complain there.

N

NPKG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes nice thread, that the games play definitely much more relaxed, GL in freerooles!!

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm basically playing freerolls, all my bankroll started in freroll, the ones I play here in cc are the best with a very select field that really knows how to play factor that I have perfected my game even with freeroll

C

Cblevs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a huge fan of freerolls. No money in and you can cash in them with the right amount of effort and a little luck. Can't beat free money!

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree many people do not play like they would in a significant tournament. So 3 betting leading whatever usually in a free roll will not get the same results

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players are tempted by the fact that there is no risk of losing their own funds.The main goal is victory.After that, you can safely take part in tournaments for money.A well-planned strategy of freerolls is a pledge of victory.

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes on freerolls you will gain experience and raise your game to a good level.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat's freerolls help us to receive necessary experience in tournaments. Freerolls with a limited number of participants give a real chance to build your bankroll.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to freeroll and learning their value. Patience is what I have gained. But I also slow-play more. My hand may look pretty, but if it doesn't hit the flop I slow down real quick. Yeah, AA or AK look pretty, but when the freeroll-gambler shoves with 23 or 72 and hit their two pair it hurts. To many people in the pot with no business. But, hopefully I learn more and correct my play too.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Many people risk allin within the first few hands to try and make a big hit or bust. I don't think that's clever...yes you CAN get lucky and make a big hit quickly....but keeping that stack and growing it is quite another matter. If you try and play intelligently it will be worth much more, not just in the long run but right now too !!!

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for training but also sometimes the only tourneys that someone (like me :) ) can play. Also there are a large variety of player profiles, so you can get familliar with them and use that to your advantage.

G

globetrott3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players are tempted by the fact that there is no risk of losing their own funds.The main goal is victory.After that, you can safely take part in tournaments for money.A well-planned strategy of freerolls is a pledge of victory.
I agree, most freeroll players are way too risky.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be nice to win them
Same here. I either bust out in 10 minutes with someone jamming their 72x against my AA or KK, or I make it into the top 10% but only the top 10 seats get paid.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for training but also sometimes the only tourneys that someone (like me :) ) can play. Also there are a large variety of player profiles, so you can get familliar with them and use that to your advantage.
They are good for training patience. Always folding to the prwflop shove and waiting for the made hand. That's all you can do when everyone else thinks "free money why not shove and gamble"

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good for you to practice your game and possibly increase your bankroll but when you get into real cash games you will find that some of the rules and strategies you use for Freerolls do not apply there.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just became a freeroll club member and played in my first cardschat freeroll tourny at 888poker.
I won!!! There was 97 players and I took the 30 dollar
first place prize. Thanks cardschat for the passwords
to enter the touraments.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good for you to practice your game and possibly increase your bankroll but when you get into real cash games you will find that some of the rules and strategies you use for Freerolls do not apply there.
I have learned in freeroll that "they were suited", "they were connected", and "there was an Ace" seem to be good reasons to shove. And since a lot of people play that way, when I shove with AA I get callers with 72-off, Q6-off, heck even 23-off... And they crack the Ace's... Freerolls teach patience to a degree, but too much gamble and luck. Hope to get a few freeroll wins under the belt and hit up some .50+.05 micros. 10% pay is better than top 10 only.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great quote!!! i think so too. freeroll are great practice

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't think that I agree with you.. You can't train in a freeroll for a major tournament. If you are a good player you can win some freerolls but you need some experience to jump into some major tourneys. Apparently I speak for myself here.

B

barbosa30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FREEROLL

EVERYONE HAS HIS OPINION WHEN IT'S ABOUT FREEROLL, MANY PEOPLE WHO BECAUSE OF A FREE TREAT, FINISH NOT TAKING SERIOUSLY, AND PLAY ANYTHING ATTRACTIVE THAT PLAY WITH SERIOUSITY, REMEMBER THAT THE ENTRANCE IS FREE BUT THE PRIZES ARE IN real money

J

Jatoshi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are of course for the price you buyin (nothing) a really good training, of course you cannot compare it with higher buyin tournaments, but its still the best way to learn poker for free.

Best Regards,
Jatoshi

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I'm sure you can learn from them early on. But most free rolls that I have played in tend to be all-in affairs.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very good example for Freerolls. we don't buy-in for these tournaments, but its a good idea to think of it as TRAINING. You can build of your bankroll from these. Practice makes Perfect!

Freeroll Passwords