infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On the one hand, freeroll it is very good training and on the other hand you could win some money. So that is wonderful. Keep playing.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Freerrol is a good training. But I spent a lot of nerves on the players playing with the fed 55 against my aces.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerrol is a good training. But I spent a lot of nerves on the players playing with the fed 55 against my aces.

it's helps to calm my nerves and cope with bad beats
for me it is a training to play concentrated and to try learn to see the opponents hand.

so yes in some way its training.

L

LeeDoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time we play one freeroll like we're training for a major tournament.
Of course, there are several types of players in this type of tournament play and not all of them seriously.
Nevertheless, I find it interesting that quality in the plays can have success at the end.

To get to be a great champion, we will have lost many battles.
Fernando Moraes
Если хорошие игроки-приятно играть

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls help to give a good base
but there is also the danger of learning to play loose, because you are not afraid to lose real money, so be careful when switching from real money to freerolls

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls help to give a good base
but there is also the danger of learning to play loose, because you are not afraid to lose real money, so be careful when switching from real money to freerolls

but there is also the risk on the other side to play to tight. because there are a lot of people witch go all in with everything i usually start very tight so this stays often to rest of the game

P

pocketaceis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free roles are good practice in the sense there is usually 1500 + players signed up for it. good for building up tolerance for long games. usually takes at least 45 mins to start seeing some real playing actions, and longer to make the money.

W

William David

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad thing about the big freerolls so many terrible players get lucky too often.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree- What an opportunity to be able to play, practice, and learn for free. I can't wait to start playing the Cards Chat free rolls because I'm sure they play different than the sites free rolls because becoming a member here takes time and effort. A more serious caliber of player in these freerolls I'm sure.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With freerolls you can lay the foundation stone for your bankroll. are a free way to gain experience. In the end you did not risk any loss and in this type of tournament you find all kind of people, some of which will be worth knowing.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many consider freerolls a simple waste of time, but I think this is the most exciting part of poker

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll are good of course, but I think you will have a better learning playing tournaments with buy-in, because the influence of you are paying, tends to have better players and so you can have a better reading of opponents.

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Agree

I agree that freerolls are good practice. The only part that may be an exception is the late registration. It's tough when new guys come in short and force themselves all in. Messes up the rhythm in my opinion. But on the other hand when I focus and play them as it it were real money, I seem to have some success. I won 45 cents in the jackpot freeroll on ACR yesterday! I know it isn't much, but there were over 1700 players and I finished 81st. I was big stack and so was the guy I went heads up with. He caught me on the river so I didn't feel too bad about it. And it was free! Great thread guys.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve had some luck in the CC freerolls this week. I must have had a breakthrough because I came in 2nd place two times [emoji3] Freeroll practice can get you results!!

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good place to start and study the game. Small buy in tournaments are very similar so why nt to train in freerolls.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It’s pretty straightforward for me to answer on your question. When you asked are freerolls good for training, the fact speaks for itself - yes, it is good for trainng as well as for the study, for bankroll foundation etc. But it is good for freeroll format touranments only. Of course, you can apply obtained learned behaviour and experience into real money tournaments but there are another reference coordinates and equations with n-unknowns, and you may not meet expected outcome based on your own improvement archieved in freeroll's games. Freeroll tourney is helpful for serviceability of your bankroll, as i said before for foundation, basement but not for development. online poker is a business for its holders, and for us, clients, this is an entertainment. Therefore, as per related application mechanism, without investment will not be income. And when you decided to do poker=do money as one of the milistones of your budget, you have to play on real money and gain experience herein.
We can continue discussion in this subject matter following thread here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/value-freerolls-tourneys-351131/

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are all about luck. You are better off just shoving often early on and hope to build a big stack. Otherwise it's very hard to go deep.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are not a good to build your game up. Unless you are completely new to poker and if you are new then it will help you learn about basic MTT play with increasing blinds and antes.

Freerolls you can get quadrupled up on first hand with AA but in micros that kind of thing isn't likely to happen.

Freerolls are good to just try and have some fun and possibly get a few bucks but the play isn't comparable to real money.

C

concoman710

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are definitely the best way to learn the game if you aren't doing any studying. You don't have to pay to enter and you will still have to employ a good strategy to win. Obviously there will be players who don't take it seriously but that doesn't take away from the value you gain from playing.

This is a great example of having to adjust your game to win, regardless of who you are playing. Just as you adjust when you move up in stakes, adjustments for lower stakes must be made too. Some people say they can't win against bad players because they always do crazy stuff. What's funny is that thinking is completely backwards because the worst players should always be the easiest to win against in the long run.

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me the best part about training in freerolls is practicing going deep in large tournaments without an expensive investment. You get to practice at all levels of a tournament; you learn how to switch gears, learn why certain players advance habitually to deeper levels, learn all kinds of risk taking and the consequences thereof without losing money. You also get to learn and categorize every living type of moron. ☺◙

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my favorite freerolls were the pokerstars mixed games and 9999 ppl would register lol.Iremember playing in one for over 10 hours

A

Andy3B

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are only good to work on Patience.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you get close to the bubble, the play improves drastically. Most people can grasp that playing very loose with a small/medium stack and wasting a few hours is not satisfying and tighten up accordingly.

Freeroll Passwords