Freerolls are good for training

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time we play one freeroll like we're training for a major tournament.
Of course, there are several types of players in this type of tournament play and not all of them seriously.
Nevertheless, I find it interesting that quality in the plays can have success at the end.

To get to be a great champion, we will have lost many battles.
Fernando Moraes

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I agree, but more from the point of reading opponents than to test a strategy for a major tournament.
It just practice to change your game play.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free rolls are good training, slowly building up the bankroll.
They say i take only short time to learn to play poker, but a lifetime to be a good poker player.
I am working on it :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep, think they are great practice...and they cant hurt the bankroll

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time we play one freeroll like we're training for a major tournament.
Of course, there are several types of players in this type of tournament play and not all of them seriously.
Nevertheless, I find it interesting that quality in the plays can have success at the end.

To get to be a great champion, we will have lost many battles.
Fernando Moraes
Of course it is the best training !!, they also reward you if you win, and do not risk your money

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls to meet daily hand goal

I agree, Freerolls are great for practice and for developing a bankroll.

I've been playing them more while I have been short on poker cash, but I intend to keep playing them until my consistency becomes immaculate, or even when tilting. I am trying to set a daily hand goal for poker online to develop better play, discipline, and overcoming tilt. Getting over tilt can be expensive if practiced at the wrong place/time, but is still a leak that needs to be fixed, so that if/when it happens during a big tourny, or some time when you can't take a break to cool off, you will be better able to deal with it.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls for training are good only for the basics of poker, for a deeper analysis of the game the form of these tournaments is not suitable.

M

Mckee2300

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have played many freerolls... There are far more people on there who will just keep going allin with any two cards till they build up there chips... its almost a waste of time :mad:

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree 100%. In the past what could have cost a player thousands, we now have the opportunity to gain for nothing. Thank you cardschat!

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they only help strategy-wise closer to the money because at the beginning you have tons of crazy players who just all-in with K9.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
yes they are good and you can also win some money so you can play real money games for free and practice more on micro limits

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Fala parça!!!

Freerolls are harder kind of tournaments that exists, except for one point: you don't loose money and you can get some money to build your bankroll from zero. Freerolls are the best way to begin in poker.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the good part about freerolls is there is no buy-in, so everything you get is a bonus. the bad part is the quality of players which leads to poor play quality on the tables, like a lot of limpers and if you wanna isolate one, they all call. same thing happens preflop.

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[QUOTE = TeUnit; 4111201] yep, think they are great practice...and they cant hurt the bankroll [/ QUOTE]

Excellent practice, how to play it is not necessary.))):)

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll are the best thing to gain expiriance.It is true that there are a lot of players who play bad but as the time passes game becomes more serious.My advice to anyone is even smallest winnings 0.10$ ,0.20$ etc dont spend immiditly;try to bulid up some baby bankroll playing frerolls ans that will also be outcome and resultat of your work

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is that freeroll instead of helping you improve your game hinder you. 1. Setting up a tournament in which you have not betted money is quite different from a tournament in which you bet your own money 2. the behavior of the players is quite different. 3. the things that helped you advance in your freerolls interfere with a normal tournament and many other reasons

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll is one of the toughest tournaments, serves as a training if, to learn to read your opponents and see your reactions with different hands you win or lose, the big difference tournaments is that you do not lose your money to play them, only if you win you can increase your bankroll

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that enclosed freerols such as arranged by Cardschat are being more efficient and productive for the players than others. While playing these freerolls and knowing the people (clubmates) you will try to get to the top consequently it will enforce you at least to show a good game in the freeroll. IMHO the rest of freerolls, organized by social medial sources including poker rooms, it is a waste of time especially when you feel a lack of time for poker. My sympathies are with private freerolls tournaments.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that enclosed freerols such as arranged by Cardschat are being more efficient and productive for the players than others. While playing these freerolls and knowing the people (clubmates) you will try to get to the top consequently it will enforce you at least to show a good game in the freeroll. IMHO the rest of freerolls, organized by social medial sources including poker rooms, it is a waste of time especially when you feel a lack of time for poker. My sympathies are with private freerolls tournaments.

I agree that the Cardschat freeroll is a different level with fewer players and it is worthwhile and can be learned many of them

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you can`t get better when you play against weaker players .How you can get better when you get a bad beat with KK vs 54 ? Especially, when there limps 7 out of 9 players

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are good practice. They are very hard to win so playing a bunch of freerolls is a great way to prepare for a larger tournament.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freeroll every day, I'm trying to improve my game to play cardschat freerolls, so yes I can fight for good prizes.

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the Cardschat freeroll is a different level with fewer players and it is worthwhile and can be learned many of them

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play on freerolls is very different from tournaments where you have to Deposit money while playing for free, players are not afraid of something to lose and therefore play inappropriately!

Freeroll Passwords