Every time i get AA , i lose, why?

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if badly to play pocket aces still can not go into minus! Most likely, you want to win with them 100% but it is impossible with any hand in hold'em!

C

Chibude4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, this is poker. But out of 100 distributions, more than half you with aces will definitely win.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reasons AA can lose..

Go through your hand history. How many players were in the same hand as your AA? AA may play better the fewer opponents, just probabilities. If you can isolate, this is ideal. Still no guarantees. Have lost a lot more with KK and QQ than AA. The pocket pair that tanks for me is JJ.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you didn't remember about the many times you won with aces, because you expected to win. So your brain didn't save those memories. Because losing is annoying especially with aces, you just remember these spots. So i think you are losing with aces like everybody does. OR you are cursed and ordinary varinace avoids you. I personally think it's the first answer. ;)

Last edited:
YevhenUA

YevhenUA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know. Every time I had AA all of my opponents folds. I think that this is question of time and mostly of luck.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is all prejudices. Do not play only on one poker site. Choose three, four rooms where you get to play in plus. Correct starting hand with AA correctly. )) Everything should work out and you will win with a top pair.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
obvious mistakes in the draw: multi-pot, mini-raise

J

jorjo473

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not programmed to do that you are probably unlucky or you are slowplaying them letting people hit things on later streets

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time i get AA , i lose, why?
Probably because you didn’t look at your full AA statistics for the seperate performance: game cache and MTT. Then perhaps you will see that AA is the most profitable hand.
If you do not use statistics collection programs, then request a history of played hands.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why every time i get the Ases i lose ?, bad luck? or the destiny? idk but i hate this hand cause i lose even against pair of 22 , and they get another 2 in the flop.:(
Well, I'm sure if we set down and went over you hand history. Chance are you dont lose EVERY time. Gotta keep in mind that our mind will remeber those outrageous situations where we get 2 outted, or they hit thier flush on the river, but we forget about the time when we actually hold. Or the times we dont get value cause everyone folds. It's the nature of the beast.

What separates the good players from the great players is how we handle these situations. Try and change mind set a little. Instead of getting upset or thinking the world is against you when these situations arise. Focus on the logical play. Will you still lose sometimes? Absalutely you will, but how you handle that loss is everything. You can either get upset, get on CardChat and complain about it. Or you can look back at the hand evaluate how it went down and realize you got it in right when you needed to, and they just got lucky. Acceptance of bad situations when you did the right thing is the absalute most important aspect of not only this game, but in life in general.

P

pipayura

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
АА

On a pre-flop with two AA's, it is better to raise to protect yourself and knock out extra players. If you take it as a whole, the chances of winning two aces against a random opponent's card are about 85%. I think with AA, you should always be aggressive.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could be a number of reasons:
1. concluding on too little statistic: how many AAs did you have where you lost?
2. did you bet aggressively enough to disallow villain improving his odds?
3. sheer bad streak. happens.

anyway GL in your game and don´t let this bring you down!

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s not only happening to you, it happened to me more often than I wanted to ... sometimes I’m even thinking of not going as soon as two aces drop out .. here literally yesterday I lost an important tournament .. sadly. but the fact .. and what you thought was poker ... progivers also have a chance to win without aces .... think about how someone felt better .. then you feel better to lose .....

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you manage to get a sample of 100 AA preflop shoves and you are really lost even more than 60 of those I will be surprised. Sometimes shit happens. If villain had 74s he will win your AA 20% of the time so it is not that rare. Roll a dice, see how almost a coinflip. If you calculate the probability, you should lose that almost 50% of the time, so nothing weird in that.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps you are the most unlucky person in the world))) There are simply no other explanations)))

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good

Not a good way to make the money bubble. You need your big hands to win so you can collect chips to help move along in a tournament. Not good !

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure you don't always lose with AA. That is impossible.

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You think you always lose because you will always try to play chips in AA differently than what happens with other pairs of cards in the pre flop.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably more likely that you just remembered the times you got beat with them more than the pots you've won. When your short stacked or your facing an overly aggressive opponent it's usually best to try and get your chips all in preflop. If you see the flop and your hand doesn't connect to the board. It's important to remember you only have one pair which a medium strength hand and not a strong hand. You want to win monster pots with your monster hands. Overvaluing your hand can get you in a lot of trouble and risking your entire stack on with a pair is not usually a good idea

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have AA in hand I give everything in whatever position whether they lose or do not know a job and those with small cards can throw without calling any more cards and make you with 2 pairs or something more a lot. So if I lose I lose against bigger cards.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tricky part of having AA is when you bet big mostly all the players will fold, which only give you blinds. And sometimes, lost big when against a very unlucky deck. This is what made us thinking that we always lose to AA as the lost sometimes bigger than the win.

B

BlqckMystery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why every time i get the Ases i lose ?, bad luck? or the destiny? idk but i hate this hand cause i lose even against pair of 22 , and they get another 2 in the flop.:(
Yeah you should be very agressive on a preflop and protect your hand

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is because you play online poker. I,m pretty sure, if you will check some live games, you will win more times with this hand.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces will make you a lot of chips or it will cost you a lot of chips! Most people i know once they raise with aces they cant fold them no matter what the flop is! ever hear the saying can't let go of an ace? Well two aces it would take an act of congress to get most people to fold them!

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably more likely that you just remembered the times you got beat with them more than the pots you've won. When your short stacked or your facing an overly aggressive opponent it's usually best to try and get your chips all in preflop. If you see the flop and your hand doesn't connect to the board. It's important to remember you only have one pair which a medium strength hand and not a strong hand. You want to win monster pots with your monster hands. Overvaluing your hand can get you in a lot of trouble and risking your entire stack on with a pair is not usually a good idea

i agree with this. we mostly focus on the negative side of things when things are going bad.