Every time i get AA , i lose, why?

24hrrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA i raise allin preflopp. If call i see , i not i am not lose money. At pokerstars i cant win with AA, if i am play normal :(

The easiest answer is "it's poker," but I will say that, if this is happening often to you; you are probably being beaten by a Set or flush; and here's why...

One of the more common playing tells is that of having a pair of Aces, Kings or AK suited...

An all in before the flop tells the villain that you have strong hand; and gives the villain a choice of folding; or going for, more likely, a set from a lower pocket pair; or high suited cards for a flush.

As there is a 1 in 8 (I know, more like 1 in 7.5) chance of pulling a set. the villan knows most all will fold; which gives the villain better odds, since the outcome will be head-to-head.

So, again, odds are that, if it happens this often, someone with a much larger stack who can afford to lose that hand, in a better position on the table, is choosing to take that 1 in 8 shot to steal your stack.

Personally, I usually limp bullets; and go all in if another player makes a large or all-in bet to clear the field and steal the pot before the flop.

G

Glondark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just one hand is unbeatable and that is royal flush so even with AA you have to see there is change to lose the hand and that why you should let it go.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your post. If you are losing with aces often I would suggest a large raise or 3 bet preflop to isolate your opponets. If you limp or raise on the lower side then you leave the door open for small pairs and suited connecters to see the flop and possibly hit sets or gain strong draws. When you isolate your opponent then this will become much less likely and sure you will have aces cracked a small amount of time but you should be winning a large percentage of these pots. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

Tox1cel

Tox1cel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can you lose always with AA? That's not possible. Try to make a big raise on preflop and be carefull on your opponents... If they call be tight and see how much they raise and you can find out if they are bluffing or not

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why every time i get the Ases i lose ?, bad luck? or the destiny? idk but i hate this hand cause i lose even against pair of 22 , and they get another 2 in the flop.:(

you should be more aggressive in pre flop so you discard a lot of weaker cards so you don't have to battle these type of bad situations .
like a colleague said earlier : quote =sometimes make a push on preflop, without any slowplaying...
hope this was
useful and keep on rolling :D

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why every time i get the Ases i lose ?, bad luck? or the destiny? idk but i hate this hand cause i lose even against pair of 22 , and they get another 2 in the flop.:(

you should be more aggressive in preflop so you discard a lot of weaker cards so you don't have to battle these type of bad situations .
like a colleague said earlier : quote =sometimes make a push on preflop, without any slowplaying...
hope this was
useful and keep on rolling :D

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play in a tournament or at low stakes, then this hand does not always win, but at high ----- plays and you will be satisfied, because there are no crazy players who will climb into the distribution for 2 7

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Variance, my dear friend.
You have control over the odds, not the outcome.
Great results don't depend solely on you alone.
You can get closer to them, but don't control them.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure ? maybe your just remembering the times you lost over the times you actually win with it? very hard with pockets to get people to fold and then it's open warfare from the flop. your not folding and it they have a sparkly hand they are in the same boat.

all in sh1t fest

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove it preflop. Too many bad experiences of trying to get some action.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have AA and I have good position then I will go all in with them. BUT all too often I will get clobbered by somebody who goes in with a bad cards and then they get the flop that gives them the winning hand when they really had no business being in the hand in the first place.

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because this is poker, and you never win all the times with just one pair

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Normally in poker stars I play aces aggressively because it is the room that I see the most lose aces against any card. I even got to the point of not doing slow play with aces since in most cases it was similar to you. Now I go all in with AA expeting taht someone pay me. Good luck at the tables !!!

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is an excuse in the form of variance, but the weak is simply psychologically difficult to accept defeat with a top map

A

Angel051047

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of a tournament I like to hold back with AA, but with increasing duration I play AA more and more aggressively.
Most of the time it will only be a small pot.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It s a weird thing but this happens not only in poker I guess but in social media too,
You can have 100 good comments in a video photo,share,you name it and your brain focus
in that bad comment instead of the 100 good comments. I guess it s the human
nature or brain that keeps logs on painful experiences in my opinion. Maybe I m wrong who
knows!

AA still one pair, maybe a good raise preflop and see what you can do.
Me all in before flop and lose with proud :D

P

PABLOOOOOOOO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ES
Chips
I TOTALLY FEEL THE SAME,, I GOT AA KK QQ CRACKED MOST OF THE TIME,, IN SILLY BOARDS,, ALWAYS THEY GET THE SET WITH JJ 99 TT,, TODAY I LOST LIKE 20 TIMES WITH THE THIS BEST PAIRS,, SOMTETHING WRONG IN online poker TOO MANY COOLERS,, HOW CAN I LOSE THEM ALL

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play more aggressively then preflop and always squeeze if you are raised

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the best moment for me with pocket aces is after itm and I have an average stack, but at any other moment, I find it a very complex hand to play, because we are more reluctant to give it up, even seeing that it is already lost .

P

PABLOOOOOOOO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ES
Chips
Last 3 tournaments on party poker, I have had pocket pair over another pocket pair,

AA over KK. , QQ over 99, JJ over 88

Lost all three on the river card to the miracle K,Q,8.

Yes I think it’s preprogrammed to do this!
ABSOLUTELY,, IS TOTALLY PROGRAMMED TO TO THIS

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The odds are equal when you have a pair in your hand, but the stronger the pair, the better your acuity must be to know which raise to give.

Sometimes people come in with AA and just limp in and see the flop with no raise or tribet. With these pairs you should always bet.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you just have to make a fold with AA when its clear you got outdrawn.
And sometimes you just have to call and lose.
AA is the hand you almost always want to play with and thus its logical that from so many plays there's bound to be a lot of losses racking up.
My record is losing 8 times in a row with AA on PS.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more people are in the hand, the fewer chances you have. At the end it is only a pocket pair and if you have 69, 7T and 56s in the hand, they have more chances to improve their hands. Bet big pre-flop, maybe even all in to get these hands folded

R

Rocketgyn

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to everyone, but the majority times you go win with these hand