Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad bets

Good morning everyone.
Because it is likely that you are playing at pokerstars, I also play a lot on this site is the site that I like to play the most, different from other sites this pokerstars is bad bet all the time, every time I see AA losing to much weaker hands, try playing poker at bet365, there is almost no bad bet make a test, the problem with this site is that the fild is small the best Mtts has 500 players on average, more in relation to the draw of the cards very similar to live poker.
I'm not talking bad about pokerstars but I can't get used to the amount of bad bets on this site.:mad:

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last 3 tournaments on party poker, I have had pocket pair over another pocket pair,

AA over KK. , QQ over 99, JJ over 88

Lost all three on the river card to the miracle K,Q,8.

Yes I think it’s preprogrammed to do this!

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker AA can be verry tricky................im courious how manny persons fold AA after flop for example..............i FOLDED...it s hard,,,but i did this.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Can you tell me which constellation is responsible for the ace pairs?:D
I'm not an astrologer. Probably it will be more correct to turn to an astrologer. Their services are paid. But who knows, maybe astrologers have their own freeroll... :cool:

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not an astrologer. Probably it will be more correct to turn to an astrologer. Their services are paid. But who knows, maybe astrologers have their own freeroll... :cool:

or their own Ace pair..;)

Although I think everyone here has their own Ace pair.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if you have good cards in your hand, you still must know how to play then. If you don't, poker will turn into a a luck game and many times you will lose with the best hand.

My suggestion is for you to learn how to bet better in each occasion, and what each amount "means" to your opponents. ;)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think you might exaggerate a bit.You remember the times you have lost the hand.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why every time i get the Ases i lose ?, bad luck? or the destiny? idk but i hate this hand cause i lose even against pair of 22 , and they get another 2 in the flop.:(
yes there is a days when AA sucks, but you need to continue playing.
and with AA you must play maximal aggressive, preflop all in is best option, gives you 80% of win rate.
GL;)

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is a good hand, but the odds in 9 player hold em with 2 other raisers or more is decent but not awesome- pre-flop.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why every time i get the Ases i lose ?, bad luck? or the destiny? idk but i hate this hand cause i lose even against pair of 22 , and they get another 2 in the flop.:(

It's not that AA "always loses" it's that it feels more painful when you lose with AA than it feels good when you win with AA, and this is for 3 reasons

#1 Often you will win a small pot with AA but lose a big one, the bigger the pot the stronger the feeling

#2 As humans we are more sensitive to pain than we are to pleasure (because for survival reasons it's more important to avoid pain than to seek pleasure) and so a loss will always hurt more than a win will feel good

#3 Entitlement can creep in when we've been dealt AA, it's easy to feel like we should win every single time we have it (80% is quite close to 100% afterall right?) and so when we lose with AA it can feel like we've been robbed/cheated.

But it's all a mental trick for #2 and #3, and putting it in perspective fixes it. Emotions are strong and they make memories stand out, that's why we remember all the times we lose big pots but often forget the little times we win.

Hope that helps! :birthday:

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Because LIFE is random and just because you have AA doesn't mean AUTO WIN, lmfao...seriously, having AA just gives you a better pair, it is a reason to bet, check, call, under the right position against the right players, mostly, if you are in position SB, BB, BUTTON, you have had a chance to see the betting before having to choose, the type of situation depends on the game, cash game, MTT, bubble play, many variables, do you know the players, have you played many hands at the same table.

Here is the way I generally play AA, I check, call small, raise small, and see the flop before deciding what to do the rest of the way, tricky to fold after the flop and most players will not, me I have to see a dry board with an Ace or be able to draw a straight or flush, if the board does not favor me, and someone has me covered in chips, I will fold under most circumstances, unless I am in the money already and nothing to really lose against a bluff and everything to gain.:laugh::dong::laugh::dong:

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA pair is the strongest possible hand preflop, but it is very vulnerable after the flop if it does not increase before the set or square. This vulnerability is especially manifested in multipot, which becomes possible if the monster owner enters the limp or mini-raise and allows many other players to enter the game for cheap with almost any two cards. And then the fate of the winner is determined by Mrs. luck. To minimize risks, it is recommended to pre-flop a significant raise or re-raise, and in cases of a very aggressive table, do not be shy to go all-in.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA vs bad bet

Good morning everyone.
On 02/14/2020, I replied the post "because every time I get AA, I lose".
It goes against the very probability of poker the number of times AA loses at pokerstars.
AA vs KK, the best pre flop hand has an 80% chance of winning, I believe with AA, I win less than 60%.
I played cash game nl5 Zoom, I won from AKo vs AA villain made three on the flop, every time AA loses, today I went all in against villain with few chips in an Mtt K.O, unsurprisingly AA losing again.:mad:

Attachments

• AA vs 66 perdi no KO    15 02 2020.jpg
    AA vs 66 perdi no KO 15 02 2020.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 33
  • AA VS QJ VS AT.jpg
    AA VS QJ VS AT.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 34
  • AKo vs trinca de AAA ganhei pote de 11 dol 15 02 2020.jpg
    AKo vs trinca de AAA ganhei pote de 11 dol 15 02 2020.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 34
efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello I touched me to lose two AA but most times won the hand so :D quiet nothing happens

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can’t be that you lose with AA all the time, try to keep the history of the AA draw and then count how many times you lost and how many times you won. I’m sure that losing with AA is always impossible.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bullsh*t, you can't lose with AA everytime, heads up its approx 20% chance that you will lose with aces, its about 1 in 5 times, 3 ways its more chance that you will lose, you get what I am saying. Or maybe you play them pretty poorly and let your opponents to call with cheap value and hit their set. If you look to preflop equity than it will make more sense why you don't with it everytime. How other people said in this post, it's mostly an illusion.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same thing with me.... lol
most of the time i get a bad beat, and for the few times i win with aces i only get a small pot.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no given right that aces must always win

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i lose with pocket aces

quite often in freerolls .some opponents will call any size of raise pre flop , and they wind up connecting sometimes , as expected. that's poker !

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing with AA

I can give you all a GUARANTEED STRATEGY FOR PLAYING POCKET ACES!!!
Actually, this strategy is the ONLY WAY you can GUARANTEE that your AA will NOT EVER be sucked-out on, This is NOT A JOKE this will prevent you from ever having to feel that effed up sinking feeling you get when the guy with 5 6 off suit who called your all-in pre-flop, with your pocket rockets, hits the 3 for a straight on the river.
OKAY ARE YOU READY?????
.THE ANSWER IS.................................................

ALWAYS FOLD YOUR POCKET ACES PRE-FLOP!!!

Hey, I NEVER said it was a GOOD or a WINNING strategy just that it was a guaranteed way to avoid losing to a donkey suck out when you are dealt Pocket ACES!!!
:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::cool:

K

killercon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aa

it seems like it always the only person that can crack them is the ones who call. ive recently had a bad run with big pocket pairs. in 1session i had 7 big pocket pairs to lose all of them and ihavent played since it was the mist i ever lost in 1session. i lost 7 by in in a 2/5game. i tried everything going alk in preflop. going 5x big blind pre. nothing worked n it seemed like the only ine that called was the hand that could beat them. crazy.but thats poker. thats y i think luck has more presence in poker than skill.:confused: sometimes its your day to win sometimes its the other persons day to win no matter what you do

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and ihavent played since it was the mist i ever lost in 1session.
Get back to playing! The great news is that math doesn't have a memory in poker. The probability tomorrow is the same as it was today! Let the dealers shuffle up and deal to you! :)

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this happens over a fairly long distance (10k+ hands), you need to look for errors in your game. To do this, it is very good to use the analyzer and, such as Holdem Manager