Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Since I am a beginner, of course I should study and practice some lines in parallel in order to understand what alternatives in a given hand I can make. To begin with, of course, I advise you to study all the solver ranges, starting with pushorfold, as it will be very often useful in freerolls, to open-3bet/call 3bet ranges. it is also desirable to start studying flop structures in parallel, where to place a conbet, where to lead, where to check is also very important

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes playing daily and discussing it with friends, then reading more online

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hi
I study every day and practise also every day. I do it since near 6 months but now i cant to much because must do some other things, but I am trying to do it everyday.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I studied more, now a few hours a week.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me particularly, what teaches me is playing, is seeing certain events repeating themselves as I play.
I never had the patience to study, unfortunately it won't be poker that will make me enjoy studying.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Calculus, variants, equity, probability...

How many hours do you study? How long?
I stopped studying a long time ago. I actually learned to play literally for a few weeks, when I started, I watched videos, read various articles. But I had little free time and it was simply not enough for studying. Of course, I wouldn't mind reading books, but I'm, firstly, lazy, and secondly, it's difficult to find free time for this.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. Learning in poker will be continuous because you can't say - that's it, stop, I have achieved everything and know everything. But you need to decide how much time you need and when, for learning and playing. The process of mastering new information should be gradual so that you can use this knowledge in practice quickly and effortlessly. For myself, now, I study for two hours every other day, and another day for reading a book. All the recent time is spent on practice.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would watch online lessons. I have read books but find them hard to learning from. Video or live online I find easier to assimilate and retain information the teachers are trying to put across. Sky poker tv used to be very good at this, they analysed a lot of hands on their show. It was light hearted and educational at the same time.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calculus, variants, equity, probability...

How many hours do you study? How long?
Well to be honest I don't study poker at all. I have learned thru many years of playing. What I have found out is that every hand is good pre=flop. You have to read the table and see how players are betting. After that you can decide whether or not you decide is ti worth it to see the flop. Well after much experience you know how it is that you lose and how you win. Try and keep away from the situations that you lose consistently on and stick to what makes you win. You can read allot about what is going on at the table in that particular setting but always be alert for the changes and adapt accordingly. Gut actually knowing what to do and actually doing it are two completely different things. Good luck