Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, any poker player should learn poker for himself and improve his game if he wants to beat players, I spend 1-2 hours a day training sometimes I miss it if I have to do but I try to learn something new every day I think it helps me play better

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started playing poker, I read books, watched instructional videos, but after a few years I don't do it anymore, of course it's not right, you always have to learn.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From time to time, I'm mixing up methods to study, some calculations, some FT analysis videos etc)
But I prefer to more practice and studying during tha game, testing new moves, tips)
And all this coctail slowly, but working for me and I'm growing up in my game with coming results)
So my way are good for me and comfortable for now)
In future have plans to take personal trainings from time to time) To boost up my progress)

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I learn by watching other good players on twitch, watching videos of fine tables with revealed cards of the best online poker players in the world. But there is a lot of difference between the plays that are made in these expensive MTTs and the micro limits that I game, because the villains play in a way in which they hit a small value and play as if they had the nuts the problem is that this happens very often in Mtts and I often have the best hand and fold game and when it is more difficult to play in the micros. I played a $50 MTT on 888poker as I won a ticket by lottery and finished 96th out of over 14,000 players, qualified for day 2 and played much smoother than the micros, I won $800. Every time I win a ticket to play expensive Mtts I get good results. I don't play at higher limits because I always spend my bankroll I spike an Mtt and spend the money, I'm going to change that.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have been in the “tomorrow I will start studying seriously” stage for several years now.

M

mrflip09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope.... watch poker or just play and learn.......

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to see once than hear a hundred times. First of all, I watch instructional videos...

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course. It’s important study and read about poker because you can learn the teory and then practice in the tables and tournaments.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I study by watching others play. I stream some people on Twitch, or watch YouTube videos

D

diodi775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I study approximately 1 hour a day and play for 4 to 6 hours a day.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I think it's very important, the level of the game is increasing, if you don't study, you fall behind

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The amount of time you need to dedicate to studying poker as a professional can vary depending on various factors, including your skill level, goals, and the stage of your poker career. However, as a general guideline, professional poker players often spend a significant amount of time studying the game to stay competitive and improve their skills.

Here are a few considerations regarding studying poker as a professional:

1. Continuous Learning: Poker is a dynamic game, and strategies evolve over time. To stay ahead of the competition, it's important to engage in continuous learning. This can involve studying poker literature, watching training videos, analyzing hand histories, participating in online forums, or working with coaches.
  2. Balance Between Study and Play: Balancing your study time with actual playing experience is crucial. While studying is important, applying your knowledge in real game situations is equally vital for growth. Finding the right balance between studying and playing will depend on your personal preferences, learning style, and available resources.
  3. Targeted Areas of Study: Identifying and focusing on specific areas of your game that need improvement can help optimize your study time. This can involve analyzing specific hand ranges, studying different poker formats (cash games, tournaments, etc.), working on your mental game, or exploring advanced concepts such as game theory.
  4. Quality Over Quantity: The effectiveness of your study sessions matters more than the sheer number of hours spent. Concentrated and focused study sessions are often more productive than long, unfocused ones. It's important to set specific goals, plan your study sessions, and ensure that you are actively engaging with the material.
  5. Adjusting Study Time as Needed: The amount of time you dedicate to studying poker may vary throughout your career. In the beginning, when you are still developing your foundation and skills, you may need to allocate more time to studying. As you gain experience and expertise, the balance may shift more towards playing and reviewing hands. Additionally, studying time may also depend on the availability of new materials, updates in strategies, and your personal goals.
Ultimately, the specific number of hours you need to study poker as a professional will depend on your individual circumstances and goals. It's important to be committed to continuous learning, adapt your study routine as needed, and strive for a balance between study and play to enhance your overall poker skills and long-term success.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not have a fixed training routine. I have to be focused and calm when I study... Otherwise, it's just a waste of time.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I began to study poker, otherwise it is hopeless to upgrade (skidding - at least with me there is no development if I do not learn).

Today, for example, I am at home - and all morning until 4:00 in the afternoon I played, now I am learning something, then I make plans to play again...

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I but I don't have a cronogram, when I feel like I just study XD
God bless

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't have time to study because I work at work. Just watching poker videos and learning some ranges

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I studied then when I started & learned poker concepts. Now in my return, there are no changes & same concepts, so I just study my games.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i spend most the time playing so i study like 10 hours per month

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I gain experience in poker through practice.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I try to study a little bit every day - whatever I find, mostly videos on YouTube. Also, I have downloaded a few e-books on general poker strategy. Of course, I don't have much time and don't study every day, but I think I make progress little by little. :)

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never studied poker, I learned watching other players playing and simulating games, I lost a lot, by the way, but today I say that I know poker

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did when ftp and ps were available in the us and I was just getting started. The money was also very good back then so it was worth studying to even get a 1% edge. Now no studying except notes I take on players

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I study poker, it is a way to be able to analyze your game and know where you are failing and correct it.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't study, but I usually watch tournament reviews and tips from some pros.