Do you recommend going all-in preflop with QQ KK or AK?

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't recommend it, but it will depend a lot on the player's position. a great position for these hands would be to be on the button. other than that, the ideal is 3 bb

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best play is fold, if you are playing against me,
don't risk your chips, you might lose, hold them all until you have 3/9 of. then bet all the chips you will win 🤫

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how many of us wouldn't go all in with such cards.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You can push all-in with anything preflop.
With AA, KK, QQ, you can also be eliminated against a 72, if a 7 2 10 comes to the board on the flop. Of course, going all-in before the flop can scare away players with such a poor hand, so raising is definitely recommended.
Then, of course, it depends on where we are in the tourney.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
well those are all hands that atleast i like to raise but yes most of the times it goes all in pre flop ...

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything depends on your position at the table.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would not always go allin with those cards, it depends on the moment of the tournament and the players according to their behavior, many times but many times I end allin with KK preflop and an A or a straight or a flush have broken me, I choose to play strong preflop to eliminate players with marginal hands or axes and if I see that the flop is favorable I go all-in. But hey, these are circumstances, maybe you'll catch me in an hour sending allin with KK preflop, they are different times and require different decisions, nothing is forever

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have gone all-in on many different hands, from pocket pairs to suited 2 gappers, even off suit connectors. There are also many reasons for going all-in-

1) The pot has got so bloated from raise's and re-raise's, you really don't want to battle it out with 3 or 4 callers, with Pocket Aces.

2) If you make a raise from any position and someone 3X bets you, you are suddenly put in a position where you have to decide whether to just call, fold, or shove All-in. Going all-in pre-flop before that happens puts your opponent in that position.

3) If your chip-stack is getting low you can steal the blinds, or even double up if your all-in is successful, either way a win is a win.

You will be forced at some point in every game to go all-in, whether because you are short on chips, or your opponent is, really does not matter, the important thing is winning that one crucial hand, and from my experience any 2 cards can win on the River. I recently watched a heads up in a wsop event where the chip leader shoved all-in with 10/Jack of spades, and the opponent called with a 3/4 off suit the 3/4 won by pairing the 3 on the River, which proves any 2 cards can and do win.
I have in some games folded QQ when 2 players before me have gone all-in, especially close to the bubble or a money ladder, in other situations I have called 3 All-in players with Pocket 8s guessing correctly that they are all playing an Ace rag hands, but having a chip lead over them it was an easy call that would have cost me half my stack if I had lost. At the end of the day you really have to follow your gut! As the saying goes "No guts! No Glory!"

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the importance of the game itself. At freerolls and low stakes, I'm definitely going all-in with these hands. At a good tournament, no one will answer me and then it makes no sense to go all-in.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All these hands are strong, but it depends on the situation. Then you have to evaluate in time.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If the stack is very large, and the opponent is very tight, then in certain hands it will be correct to fold even QQ and AK. But when the stack decreases, the pot odds in some hands against the same opponent can be such that it is profitable to call, or they can be such that it is unprofitable. It all depends on math and statistics, more precisely knowing the percentage to win with a certain hand against the opponent's estimated range based on his statistics on the game.

But with a stack under 25BB I would call all-in with AK and QQ from very tight people almost all the time. At least in freerolls for sure...

And with a stack of less than 15 big blinds, I would always bet all-in with such hands, and would not raise...

Also, there may be icm subtleties near the bubble when playing these hands.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, whenever you ask a poker related question, the most common word in the answer will be it depends: Going all in with QQ KK or AK, it depends on your stack size, it depends who you're up against, I usually playing a lot of cash games and I guarantee you that going all in with AK and QQ is not a good move, because as a general rule the villains are very rocky and tend to play only premium hands, there will be one or another more recreational player, and depending on the villain going all in with KK, the villain's chance of having AA is very high. Poker is a people's game and after I started using the HUD to make decisions, I saw that the most important thing is to identify the villains you face and forget about your hand a little. Now if you're playing Mtt, and you have 20bb or less of course these hands are all in versus open from early position and defending against villains playing trapp against aggressive villains in late position, poker is a people's game.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always bet too big with QQ and KK, and I never turn down an all-in, but with AK I've been getting,

J

joseph2929

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Online vs live. Live all day take my chances there. Most people play responsible when their cash is actually in front of them not a button click away. But online might as well blind fold your eye grab a dart and hope for bulls eye. Just got the boot with those cards in a $25 buy in tournament. Thinking people will be playing "good cards" kk 4 way pot vs jj and 10/10 and a guy with a 5/j off suit. Boom 2-5-5. Guy takes the pot. Am I wrong or just chicken. But how does one stay in. Or even call with a 5/j off suit. Anyways another one down. Time to bounce back. Catch my break soon. Good luck out there.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It all depends on the position. I prefer to go all in with qq or kk when I'm on the BB or on the button and once the other players have spoken.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I usually play in tournaments, so yes i would shove

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better to go straight to the bank than to make a trap and then find yourself in it.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi
Certainly, the pair of king, queen or AK are tempting hands. Yes, I won and lost with them, as well as with pocket aces several times preflop, and that's normal in poker. I think the best is to raise x 5 preflop or more depending on your reading of the opponents to sort out who will call, and your position at the table, as well as reading the board and the opponents and not rushing, especially in FreezOut tournaments .
Sometimes the skill of luring opponents is the only way to earn chips, and sometimes it's a reason for our loss, and playing aggressively can be a reason for our survival in the game or being eliminated quickly, so I think playing on the flop, turn and river is best anyway.
Good luck:)

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This depends on what time the tournament is at, your chips/stack amount, as well as your position. This play is perhaps not the most profitable. Now with less than 15 big blinds, I believe it's time to make it.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in is life. Keep going all in and everything will be alright.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would never shove those hands preflop. Unless the situation and context so require. But not by choice without even thinking about whether it is profitable for my game.