Do you recommend going all-in preflop with QQ KK or AK?

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
It depends on your stack. If it's small then of course all-in. But if the stack allows you, it's not a sin to play.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
In tournaments it depends on your situation, are you deep and have a solid stack you are not overplaying hands like AA, KK, AK if you're up against another big stack. If you think you are ahead make him pay. And you can afford to lose an all-in from smaller stacks.

If you are short it's an easy all-in game.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you should not do this) You can be moved and it will be painful

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Personally i don't like KK all-in preflop. This hand is too unlucky for me. If someone call me with an ace on hand there almost always hit an ace on the flop or later.
So your Suggestion ist to raise or even call to invite more Players to the flop?

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i go all in with kk , ak i call any allin if i have to

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i don't like KK all-in preflop. This hand is too unlucky for me. If someone call me with an ace on hand there almost always hit an ace on the flop or later.
So do you prefer to go all in with QQ rather then with KK? :unsure:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In Cardschat games when only 4 people win, yes all day, I would go all in preflop with those three hands. Sure beats bubbling when my pocket 99's lost to 6 10. Cards on the table popped up 334, then 5, then 2 on the river, to end my 2.5 hours of play with nothing to show for it.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It all depends on the profile of your opponents, previous actions, the phase of the tournament, your stack... there is no precise answer.

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on format (Cash / Tournament) also sometimes on ICM pressure. There are rare times where folding AA/KK/QQ is the right play.

But in most standard tournaments early on yes. If someone shoves I would never fold AA/KK/QQ :)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is very vulnerable to overcards, so going allin makes sense. KK is a bit less vulnerableto overcarda, blocks AK so can be slowplayed at times.

AK, is the one to be played aggressively. It has a tough time getting action posflop if there is an Ace or King on board and gets bluffed if there is no Ace or King on board.

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it would depend a lot on the position at the table, the amount of chips, the placement in the tournament and the value. but I'm not for it, I'm more than 3bb

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think AK and QQ can be raised pre flop with a call if it's early in a tournament. KK is already an increase looking for a realment. I don't see a fold with KK but I do with QQ or AK depending on the action at the table and the moment in the tournament.

Y

YoungRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
In my experience with QQ, KK and AK, tournaments need to be played all-in in 99 percent of the hands I have these hands in. There are very rare situations in which you can see from the game that the opponent has AA. And sometimes intuition tells you to throw cards into a pass. Poker is a tough game
I thought so several times that my opponent had AA, but it turned out to be 45 :D

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It depends on the situation that you’re are , so play safe after flop would be better than rush .

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
depends on a few things mainly how many people left and stack size, likely to do it with KK and QQ but AK depends

Y

YoungRon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
It depends on the situation that you’re are , so play safe after flop would be better than rush .
After the flop the All-in looks more threatening than before the flop...

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Be sure to go, because if you are lucky you will win, if not, you all played correctly and no one will judge you, how many times I discarded this card, and then regretted when my card came on the river.

H

hishshy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I get KK I go all in but still lose to K7 something like that it’s unreal most of the time

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At 100bbs? No way. At 10bb? 100%. As with almost everything in poker...it depends.

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I think it's much better to be as aggressive and i go a lot of times.