Do you recommend going all-in preflop with QQ KK or AK?

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players! I think this question is easy to answer or not...obviously we all want this hand to end all-in pre flop, for example there are times when I like to play them...seeing the flop, or just call or clean, or that the other is wrong and lies to me. What do you prefer more?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players! I think this question is easy to answer or not...obviously we all want this hand to end all-in pre flop, for example there are times when I like to play them...seeing the flop, or just call or clean, or that the other is wrong and lies to me. What do you prefer more?
Playing tournaments we are going all-in all day long with QQ+ and ATs+

Playing cash games we aren’t jamming these hands, unless KK+ and AKs from time to time.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
the best play is to get it all in ...but if you want to play smart poker you can take your chance on the board , maybe you can cacth a fish :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
such a hand goes all-in or not, then I'll tell you what's going, but how best to play it, of course, with a usually raise and continue to look at situations if you bet all-in at high stakes, then I'll give you a guarantee that you will be called against your QQ only a count with hands older like KK or AA or AK in rare cases and they will win you because they are already older if it's low limits then they can even call JJ without thinking about the consequences that they're younger so look at what limit you're playing at

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on game format and stacks. In a MTT I would probably shove with these hands. But on SNG table I would probably not

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Like most other questions, the answer is: depends. Cash or tournament, stack size, stage of tournament, position, etc. Then when I have all this information , I will mix in any knowledge I have about my opponent, and then I will decide whether I want Depends or Huggies to pick up the crap when the hand is over.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i don't like KK all-in preflop. This hand is too unlucky for me. If someone call me with an ace on hand there almost always hit an ace on the flop or later.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually go all in like that at a table that just started even though it's strong cards. I like to see how the players behave before an all-in.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going all-in preflop with QQ KK or AK will depend a lot on the moment of the tournament and several factors can influence the decision to be made. But usually most players take a risk and play these hands as all-in without batting an eye.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on ours and the other player's stacks, not counting factors as position, ICM or the way people are playing on the table.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. I think it's much better to be as aggressive as possible with big pairs preflop. Firstly to increase the size of the pot, also to reduce the amount of opponents in the hand. Another reason is to make other opponents fold with better hands.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think if fold them we ever gonna go all in.....so yes but its not winning all the time so its the best if you are chip leader on the table

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'd never suggest going all in preflop, unless you are the one calling someone else all in with such hands and even there I'd consider how the hand went. If it was 3 into 4 into 5-bet into all in, you are most likely going with your KK against AA. So fold is the better play in such situation. If you run into donkey however, you might be good even with JJ.
Going all in yourself right away just isn't profitable in the long run. Do you want to just steal blinds or some small amount of chips with your strong hand? Unless you are playing micro stakes you won't have people just calling your all in.

The only other acceptable all ins in my opinion are tournament plays, where you are really short stacked. There you won't push all in just with such hands, but a lot of Ax also.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not suggest always going all in with those hands. Like others said it depends but its more than that. We can also lose value overplaying a hand. AK is a great hand. 20BB i will play for all my chips and not worry about it. When I am 200BB deep it is more reckless to play that way. We have all see crazy players call with garbage, but most players are not like that. When there is a raise, a 3bet then 4 bet and 5 bet and Jam what do most players have. AA or KK. Even QQ how happy are you when this happens? I would not be.

Then there is the value you lose. AK is not likely to be called for 200BB with AJ but if you get 3 bet calling and flopping the ace, you just may get the other player to give you tons of chips. The other night I was 3bet crazy large. I have a lot of history with this player but a nearly 50BB 3bet? I had a very strong hand but knowing they likely had better folded a hand that is play normally would have gotten a call and most likely gotten a flop cbet call on many turns as well.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with AK I do all-in only in tournaments...

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with AK I do all-in only in tournaments...

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
go all in any hands it´s all a bingo game anyway lol

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
All-in KK and DD on preflop is kamikaze. Such hands are memorable and I had 9 consecutive losses with KK in tournaments, so here's a top pair for you. Therefore, everything depends on the stack and the type of poker and the ability to control the situation.

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players! I think this question is easy to answer or not... obviously we all want this hand to end all-in pre-flop, for example there are times when I like to play them... see the flop, or just pay or clear, or that the other one is wrong and lies to me. What do you prefer more?
It depends on the cards I have in my hand, my position and the chips I have.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends on whether you play in a tournament or for money. Sometimes you can also play all-in in a tournament.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since I play many tournaments at the same time, I often use this strategy, even with weaker hands.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my experience with QQ, KK and AK, tournaments need to be played all-in in 99 percent of the hands I have these hands in. There are very rare situations in which you can see from the game that the opponent has AA. And sometimes intuition tells you to throw cards into a pass. Poker is a tough game

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If only it was so easy , to win .ost of the times with the pocket pairs according to probabilities . But unfortunately online I see a different story . Nothing is safe , not even on the long run , if you don't play it the right way . QQ not good enough , even KK I see it many times Vs AA or lose Vs AK . AK just a drawing hand , very good but just drawing overvalued hand . When I lose with AA it makes me feel awkward . I know it's part of the game , probability , but still .. you can go all in with weaker pocket pairs , you just gave to figure out on what spots and for how many blinds . Just watch online games .

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of several factors, like your stack size and the style of your opponents. AA I always go or call an all in pre flop. With KK and QQ most of the times. AK I can easily fold depending of the situation.