Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cowboys is for me better because i like already have a pair and AK is not save. But if you play against a chipleader I will think more times

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to say ace king. There are more chances to dominate with AK I think.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pré flop AK haha i always get f**** with JJ =( bad lucky

BataBatota

BataBatota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket 5s against AQ

Pocket 5s goes all in pre flop, you called with AQ and lost? It really hurts 😂

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK because with AKs easy to make decisions with jacks its difficult for me

kuselbroo2

kuselbroo2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t like these cards, they’re picked up a lot of times, but if I had a choice, JJ would

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All I can say is I'm not like JJ anymore, I have play 3 tournaments now and I have went out with JJ. So my opinion right now I say I would rather have AK , then JJ. I have even being losing with QQ, quite a bit too. I have won quite a bit of hands lately with AK, so I gotta say I prefer AK over a lot of hands.

kuselbroo2

kuselbroo2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the JJ is better off limping because if it falls well then everything is yours

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a pair with an all-in will always be a little older, but here is a standard coinflip, it also depends, of course, on which street to go all-in with these hands, if preflop, they are almost equivalent

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK - 42.58% and JJ - 57.09% with a 0.33% chance of a tie.

I once saw this very hand on poker after dark where Phil Ivey (JJ) ran it 3 times versus Patrik Antonius (AK) - let sjust say Phil didnt get it all his own way that night but give me JJ anyday preflop.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer AK even though JJ is better statistically heads up

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like them both but honestly I am willing to take more risk with JJ than AK (we are talking here about preflop situation). While I know that A or K are quite frequent to show up I still feel I have a stronger hand with pair rather than just hoping to match the board. However from personal experience I often get beaten while holding JJ by actually AK, while when I go allin with AK against JJ I rarely get A, K or straight...

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a heads up I take the Jacks every day to play passive, but in a full table you cant play jacks slowly, pre flop you must do a considerable raise to avoid small hands coming to play so then you can assume better what your opponent has, anyways both are good hands but I rather take my chances with the Jacks....

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer AK i guess because JJ is pretty weak even against AQ or such

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A K all day it might be just me but i lose most of the time with jj someone always hits a A K or Q.