Do freerolls help.

D

danilovchef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I plays freerolls and it helps me to skill up my game in hard way;] But FREE! And if u win freerolls its remarkable feeling. In cash tournments u need 3th level of thinking. so without trains uve got nothing. but on PS they got great school and *@#%ing schoolfreerolls that i do not recomend to play when u r beginner. play on m888t steps. or ACR 10 $ freeroll [that i win ones)) and got some itm].respect

F

fernan664

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Acho os freeroll bem interessante por nao ter que gastar dinheiro mas muita das vezes principalmente no inicio não serve muito de base para que quer ser um jogador pro.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to play well you should practice and it doesn't matter if it's freeroll or final table of some world class event (where actually you can't get without lots of hours playing freerolls and microtables IMHO).

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you can learn something good for your game from freerolls,because in freerolls a lot of playes go all in with anything because is free isnt it? freeroll= 90% bingo players.

B

bylanta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you can learn something good for your game from freerolls,because in freerolls a lot of playes go all in with anything because is free isnt it? freeroll= 90% bingo players.

What is a bingo player?

I find that people will call many more hands than I expect them to. I see people going all in with less than ideal hands. It's hard to avoid suck outs and bad beats, for instance I just now lost a hand where I had a a pocket pair, and the flop's highest card was my pocket pair. I lost to a straight after going all in off the flop. Would people suggest a more timid betting strategy? I felt comitted to the hand..

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a bingo player?

I find that people will call many more hands than I expect them to. I see people going all in with less than ideal hands. It's hard to avoid suck outs and bad beats, for instance I just now lost a hand where I had a a pocket pair, and the flop's highest card was my pocket pair. I lost to a straight after going all in off the flop. Would people suggest a more timid betting strategy? I felt comitted to the hand..
A bingo player is someone who just shoves -> like a slots machine. No skill. Just testing your luck.

That being said, I do think you could learn alot with playing freerolls, but ... a BIG BUT: you should read enough about the game first, otherwise you might learn from the bad (bingo) players. So f.ex. go on Pokerschool.com, read some articles for beginners, ask questions in fora like this and than go and play those freerolls. And yes ... there are alot of crazy moves, especially in the beginning, so if the structure of the game is not to fast, play tight at the beginning of the game. Look who plays like crazy and learn about the cards and positions where they do. If it looks random, don't be afraid to go all-in with your premium hands. But don't shove yourself if you don't have to, even with AA. Especially not preflop. If they force you or you're being forced 'cause of stacksize, don't be afraid to do so. If you keep on playing tight, you'll never reach the good money, let alone win the MTT.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can never learn from a freeroll many things . Only the basics and this depends on the quality of the freeroll we're talking about .if it's a PSO kind freeroll forget it .That's for sure .With all the donkey bingo plays , no way mister...nothing more . You can only play them for fun ,free $$$ .

On a very late level , when the blinds are very high , on many freerolls , for sure on the big sites , players start playing decent poker , so there they can apply in action what they have learned , the '' basics '' for sure :) . But to reach this point they have to play/pass all the first donkey shove festival levels. Good luck :)

K

kishiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can help u learn something because u have to play with good hands because on freerolls everyone is allining everytime x_x so when u become to like top150 then it will be harder for you. Ofc freerolls are different than real tournaments but u can learn something cuz they are on this same lvl as u i think ;p

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4---Estudo-em-grupo-500x375%25255B1%25255D.jpg

I think freerolls are great oportunity to learn without spending your money

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can always learn from a freeroll even if you are just trying to put villans on ranges

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the variety of players that are now all over the poker scene, you really need to experience the full range of these players. So freerolls do help (in part), but if the freeroll is in a live based place. Then this is where you can really see if all the freerolls that you are playing gives you any edge at all to be successful.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, at the very least they help you with stamina. If you plan on winning any tournament you will need to learn to sit and play for hours.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything is a tool for begginners freerolls is one of better ways of applying yourself in a learning environment. Is no black and white answer. Freerolls are different then playing for real for sure but also is good way to make a few bucks here and there.

What your trying to get to is 1-2 1-3 levels of play in ring. A good way to get a fast bankroll to that level is by playing a certain amount of freerolls. Is many other ways of studying poker video twitch youtube books etc.. but application trying things to me at least is the best way to learn. So if what you can afford is freerolls its a great thing:)

the 1-2 1-3 play thing is simply that is where you will find most of the fish playing. The pros will play a bit higher so you avoid them and if you can beat these levels than you have a good enough game to probably do pretty well overall as a poker player:) I am a MTT player mostly and use freerolls as one of the things I try to do daily. It fills in some extra games. I like to play 4-6 rooms at a time. If had the money would probably skip them but we will see if I win enough at time to not play freerolls.

For me most freerolls have a second factor though I am playing with people I respect and like to play against like here at cardschat:) This makes the games a learning experience and fun to beat some of the same people or compete with those people as I play them etc...

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Freeroll is a good opportunity to learn how to play against bad players.

P.S: I'm talking about these Freerolls with 5000+ Players.

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls do not help.

Freerolls do not help the beginner or anyone else hoping to improve their game. One way to improve in one's game is to observe how good players play. But, since freerolls are "free" players don't play correctly or how they would play if game was for real money.

It you are serious about poker, get away from the free-rolls. Even if you have to play in the small penny games.

Mike

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is just opinion but I think freerolls help your game. If nothing else they test your patience and give you an idea how the algorithms run on the site. If you can cash in a freeroll you are doing something right. This is how I build my bankrolls. I will not make a deposit for I don't trust any site that much. I have a lot of fun playing freerolls, made some friends, and built a bankroll on each site I play on.:D:D

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it helps
and it's worth it. Especially for beginner players. This is both a way to practice and get some small but risk-free money. I’ll go to freerolls, go to the regular game.
Thanks to the organizers of these freerolls!

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
cardschat freerolls help, great players and good way to practice and hone your skills.

other frreerolls are too saturated and have too many amateur/casual players who ship with anything even 23 off .

M

M4L0KoN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its good to get some Experience as a beginner. But it`s still a huge difference to Buy-In Tournaments, because a lot of freerollplayers just go All-In in the first rounds.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are good to initially learn the game and to get the ins and outs of how a site works. Can also be used to practice ABC poker.

It is not a way to practice cash game or buy in tournament theories.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i really like that because you can try different strategies without any money involved

B

Bonano1313

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Freerolls are always welcome, but some players complicate our strategies by not taking tournaments seriously and pushing all in all the time

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only of you get to the late stages when the bingo stops and the poker starts

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a win/win situation really no buy in similar to playing with play money chips with a chance of winning cash, yes the money is small but whatever you might win is more than you already had so you cant lose..

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls most definitely help improve your poker game.

It's really a win-win, as you're in for free and have the opportunity to win real money, and you get to experience a relatively soft field compared to buy-in games.

Freeroll Passwords