antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can never learn from a freeroll many things . Only the basics and this depends on the quality of the freeroll we're talking about .if it's a PSO kind freeroll forget it .That's for sure .With all the donkey bingo plays , no way mister...nothing more . You can only play them for fun ,free $$$ .

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play cash games never played many tournaments so playing freerolls I feel does give me an introduction to tournament play
once the early round have passed and most of the allin idiots have left

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good place to learn to be patient and to discover very unusual hands. Probably much cheaper way to learn compared to micro limit games.
Not much poker wisdom and mind games in early stage of freerolls.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My answer is NO. They may help you build a bankroll from nothing but I don't think playing freerolls is going to help your game, they may actually cause you to develop some really bad playing strategies. Good luck!

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YES AND YOU CAN BUILD YOUR BANKROLL

Mka69

Mka69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 times from a freeroll of cardschat I having $0 promoted the bank to $100 in 2-3 days... it is very profitable! :icon_rr:

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You peeps that say free rolling doesn't help you learn any (I am laughing).Get involved in the Cards Chat free rolls and you will learn or you will never cash out.Too many league players in these games and I know for a fact at least 2 or more league players will cash out every CC free roll game.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that freerolls are a very good way to learn the game, as the other people are so exploitable that you play a very different (and usually very exploitable and incorrect against thinking opponents) game. I guess that the cardschat freerolls must be a bit better so that might be worthwhile. If you want to improve your game I recommend reading strategy articles online, and you can also watch many of the pros play on Twitch or Youtube. If possible you can play micro stakes tournies as well, this is far more fun and the play is much better. Good luck learning
!

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like freerolls to see how the cards are running it givss me an idea how there gonna run

S

Skillet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls can teach people bad habits like going all in several times to "build a stack". Learning to bet properly and make smart decisions gets lost sometimes due to people going all in with ace rag the whole tourney.

W

winslowlee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls help because they are filled with talented players and fookin idiots... you will need to know how to exploit both playing styles if you plan to be successfull

A

Agent Folder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are no difference between freerolls and tournaments with medium and low buy in.Because people with deep pockets will also call all in with 10 8 exp.

U

UrsinusMaximus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just starting out, wanting to try out some freerolls before risking any real cash. I've read in various threads on the blog that most freerolls last hours and hours because they attract so many players.

I was wondering which particular freerolls take the shortest amount of time to complete
(I don't care if the payout is miniscule, I just want to get some experience playing for real cash rather than play chips)

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not interested in small amounts, and you try to make more, then it's probably not for you freerolls. But if you want to build a bankroll and gain some experience, and do not want to invest in your game, you can cash freerolls to come.

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think freerolls on cardschat will help me to build a small bankroll. But in general, I have long realized that in different tournaments - different levels of players and and it should take into account.

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with freerolls. For me, it was very helpfull. Try, you dont have anything to lose.

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was helpfull for me. You can play without thinking of lossing money. It is very good.

E

evolucian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls can teach people bad habits like going all in several times to "build a stack". Learning to bet properly and make smart decisions gets lost sometimes due to people going all in with ace rag the whole tourney.
I think it was the storm that I played a few years back, people were still flooding the tables with all ins to about the last quarter of entrants. There were so many people playing it i didnt think id get anywhere butbyeah. It wouldn't matter where you go, those things still happen. Maybe the higher entries, I'm not sure... Never been there to even see if that's my preferred game, but yeah.

There are books that suggest it too in order to build the stack. In those hyper turbo games it looks like the norm too due to the blinds and antes rising once or twice per orbit... Different strategy I guess, but maybe not. Maybe its the rebuy factor that changes things in those games.

But habits can be broken. After my long absence from poker I'm trying to get back into it and I'm definitely unlearning many things from my previous sessions and using the free rolls to do it. Who knows, maybe I get some where this time around.

Last edited:
StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you can learn that much from freerolls...people are crazy..

E

evolucian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can learn that much from freerolls...people are crazy..

But aren't we all somewhat crazy? Loving a game that has the ability to drive one into self ruin, self doubt, delusions of grandeur and crown envy? I'm sure we are all a bit nuts... Except me of course, pfffft

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe so

I been playing freerolls non stop for a couple weeks now. I havent played online for years before then. I no amatuer but far far far from a pro. I have experience. What i have notice in my freeroll play it that I have slowed my play. I still play alot of hands as many as i did when I started back up but the difference from a couple weeks ago and now is:

A COUPLE WEEKS AGO

• Played twice as many hands the whole time,
    Played shove fest,
    Fallout within the first hour,

NOW

• I tightened my range,
    Pay attention to positions,
    Tighten my betting style,
    Fold more often,
    and most of all Patience to wait hold the right hands.

I feel like the card generator leans in favor of the smaller stack sometimes with certain amount of ppl entering the hand so I watch how the draw comes out and see how crap over takes AJs AKs A10s ect so I try to stay out of those situations and sometimes use those instincts to on the crap. Hope this helps some!

Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
says

Interesting Theme this is a great opportunity to double your luck, I am free tournaments can change your capital you can do it now it's your chance ;)

P

Park_I_V

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker recently. I started with conventional chips. Quickly she reached the stage when it was small. And with the small-stakes games not understand (many maniacs and few regrets chips, because they are contingent), so you need a lot of play money chips to play in the big tournaments. For me, easier to play in freerolls than conventional chips fill. Very quickly I starting to understand the game in general.
Sorry for my English. I use a translator.

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are no difference between freerolls and tournaments with medium and low buy in.Because people with deep pockets will also call all in with 10 8 exp.

I agree with you about the people going all in. They dont have to be with deep pockets, many of them like do not know how to play poker at all.

Freeroll Passwords