Status
Not open for further replies.
JMpointG

JMpointG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems growing to me, just keep it the same way :)

SystEmsuX

SystEmsuX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think daily posts might not be optimal. This is *not* about daily results. Results are by nature swingy and it'll be frustrating if you think of it that way.
Of course... I used to keep daily tallies of my results, so who am I to advise against it?
Yeah, I keep daily results (I can't help it, I'm practically obsessive-compulsive), and yesterday I happened to have my first losing day in cash games. I came out ahead for the day because of a tourney, but it was still quite discouraging. I do better when I don't worry about the money and whether I'm up or down--I'd imagine that applies to others as well. gl, btw

shiver

shiver

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I STARTED WITH 36CENTS LAST X-MASFROM A DOYLE FREEROLL AN D HAVE IT UP TO 12$ PLAYING THE DIME GAMES WHEN SHOULD I START PLAYING THE DOLLAR TABLES?

How about when your feeling lucky, hot and focused?

you certainly haven't got enough at the moment a run of good starting hands but missing on the flop and you could (will) see your money vanish?

you say dime games? are these mtt or sng's or blinds ? if you meant sng's nothing wrong with moving up and having a look? if you are not happy you can always drop back down

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update since last post:

Current BankRoll: $78.30

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update since last post:

Current BankRoll: $93.15

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
started with 50 dollars about 4 months ago just playing sit n gos. played it up to over 1500 now. in the 9 man sit n gos, just stay patience and try your best to get your money in best but the key is definetly patience. There not hard to beat really. Also, try the 45 man sit n gos on full tilt. great value and plenty of fishy in the opening stages.......

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I have found that you need major patience with these sngs, I will stay at $2 18 man SNG as these are the easiest I feel, I might move up to $3 when my bankroll is above $100-110, Im just reading some blogs and tips for SNG's atm, try and fill some leaks I have.

There is a luck factor to SNGs I feel too, especially with all the maniacs they magically hit the runners. But most of all, its all about survival to the top 3-4 spots.

S

shano_88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at bubble time even the craziest of fish often tighten up. use this to your advantage at this stage especially if you have maintained a tight image. people will often give you credit for a hand. I play 30-50$ sit n gos now and it works well. i dont know about 2$ ones though. opponents dont seem to care about image or anything like that at those stakes. gl with your bankroll and be patience!!!

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update Since last post:

Current BankRoll: $131.85

If you havent read my above posts, I play $2 SNGs at FullTilt, and started playing with $50.

ps. At what BR should I move up to $5 SNGs?

Last edited:
P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck ur almost tripled

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sssshhhhhhhhhhh what a day, I started off doing ok in my first 3 tourneys, playing all three at once, lost in all three to some real bad beats, went hectic, started swearing, punching the air - it wasn't a pretty site.

Anyway I went on tilt - and my bankroll nearly touched my starting bankroll - after all that hard work I was about to break even :(

Deep down inside I was have a little cry - SNG after SNG I was loosing, loosing and loosing and then when I thought I would give up - I gave two more SNGs the benefit of the doubt. I figure, I have lost all this money so far, why not give away some more. And then out of no where, my mojo came back to me when it counted the most, and I was playing beautiful poker, anyway - my last two SNGs I came second in both - Which made me to where I started my BR earlier on with a little extra.

Btw, I started playing $5 SNGs now - Im not to sure my BR can allow it for proper management - but the money is so much sweeter than $2 tourneys.

The last two tourneys that I played on - Poket Kings and Aces were loosing left right and center - I can recall at least two or three of each incidents were it happed to both tables, on the final tables is well, I couldn't believe it.

Thats enough for now, Im finished for poker for today.

I let the graphs do the rest - :( I had such a bad tilt.

Current BankRoll: $133.10

Last edited:
TiltMonkey999

TiltMonkey999

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Str8 Flush, I had the same problem man..I started off with $5 dollars one time, and finished with $75 at my max..This was all off of Cash Tables..Recently I have been getting better with managing my money and I strongly feel that you need a good $50 dollar bank roll to begin with to make money efficiently..I also busted out 4 times with cash tables so I tend to stay away from those and play small low buy in SNG..It has treated me well recently..
Take Care, Ray

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sup guys - A little update:

Lost 2 SNGs, soon after I won one and came 2nd in the next:

Current BankRoll: $170.10

Ill play some more SNGs in a few hours, I need a break - I love this payouts of the $5 SNGs $27 for 2nd and $37 for first :) Alot diff from only getting $10 - 14 from the $2 tables. Im just loving it atm - the two tourneys I lost I wasnt playing like a fish - I think just a little bit above a fish :(. Anyway after loosing I sorted my shit out and came back winning.

Below is my updated graph.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice job on more than tripling the bankroll !! I would set a limit on the number of SNG you can lose in a row. If you don't cash in three or four in a row call it a day or drop down to the $2 ones after the third loss.

earache

earache

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice work on the bankroll management. It took me almost a year to become more strict apon my playing. Now I am happy I have learned. Patience is key. I have gone 25 hands without catching a thing in a SNG, but when they do hit make them count. I just had a heads up play on a turbo SNG last 45 hands making me the winner. Sometimes waiting will make you a winner. I have to look into getting poker tracker 3, seems useful.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys - thanks for your replys, I know I should get some proper BR management, Im still working on that.

Any just a little update:

Current BankRoll: $219.60

I might hold off on the graphs till the end of the week, so you get to see a more wide spread of data.

ps. Its amazing, I never knew SNGs were such a good money source, in 60 odd SNGs I have increased my BR from $50 - $220 in not too long iswell.

I think the key to my fast success was moving from the $2 SNGs to the $5, cause $5 tables is were the decent money is at.

I think it took me about 6 days to get to were I am now. I wonder what the next 6 will bring me:)

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys - thanks for your replys, I know I should get some proper BR management, Im still working on that.

Any just a little update:

Current BankRoll: $219.60

I might hold off on the graphs till the end of the week, so you get to see a more wide spread of data.

ps. Its amazing, I never knew SNGs were such a good money source, in 60 odd SNGs I have increased my BR from $50 - $220 in not too long iswell.

I think the key to my fast success was moving from the $2 SNGs to the $5, cause $5 tables is were the decent money is at.

I think it took me about 6 days to get to were I am now. I wonder what the next 6 will bring me:)

Of course that's where the money is ;) You're playing higher stakes, all wins are relative to the buy in obviously. But it's also relative to your Bankroll. Seriously dude, stick to the $5 SnGs now. Don't move up till you have at least $500 in your account then step upto the $10, then at least you'll have 50 Buy ins to forget about the upswings. Losing $10 with a $300 BR is mentally more damaging than losing $10 with a $500 BR. Just stick to BRM...PLEAAAASE!!!

bestoboth

bestoboth

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck.

My 2 biggest lessons I learned:

A) I lose big after I win. I think I get a mindset that I'm invincible and tend to play more marginal hands after a victory. To counter this I set a rule that I must take a small break after winning 35% of my buy-in.

B) I make too many calls with hands that I know are beat. I'm still working hard on this one.......

I have these same problems... like Dragomir at 2008 wsop.. I JUST CANT FOLD!! LOL but my biggest problem is actually the first one... once i am ahead I get to feeling invincible or something and lose big. I too have taken to taking a break after winning (in my case it is a short break after I double my buy-in in a ring game) otherwise I will just lose it all... LOL I have found that I end up ahead much more this way!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! I will keep my eye on you and see how your progress!

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys.

Current BankRoll: $215.70

It may seem like I lost just a little, but actually I was up at around $240, and the got some bad beats and went on a tilt ride way down. It happens I know - but with bad beats mixed together with a stressful day mixed together with other prolems going on - I was just giving my money away.

Anyway I went and sat at a Ring game - I know I said I wouldnt, but I did. Im sick to my stomach - never ever playing a ring game again.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($8.80)
CO ($4.70)
Button ($9.90)
SB ($10.10)
Hero (BB) ($8.55)
UTG ($15.10)
UTG+1 ($11.95)
MP1 ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8
diamond.gif
, 8
club.gif

3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.65) K
spade.gif
, 7
club.gif
, 8
heart.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.65, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, MP2 calls $1.85

Turn: ($5.65) Q
heart.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $4, MP2 calls $4

River: ($13.65) J
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $1.85 (All-In), MP2 calls $1.85

Total pot: $17.35 | Rake: $1.70

Results:
Hero had 8
diamond.gif
, 8
club.gif
(three of a kind, eights).
MP2 had Q
diamond.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Queens).
Outcome: MP2 won $15.65

Anyway on the above graph you can see my tilt venture - then I won a SNG and that brought me back up a little.

Thats all I got to show you guys for now, not pleasant news I know - all I can say is dont play when things outside of poker ie. "life" isnt working out DONT play poker.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Str8! Check out my blog, i had the sickest 7 buy in downswing last night though! Actually horrible! I'll post more in my blog tonight about it, Hope things are going well with your roll atm,

fyi, my blog link Project 10k

koadyawn

koadyawn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey str8flush, GOod luck on your quest with SNGs!

May I ask are you playing the 9-mans or the 18-mans sng? perhaps a mix of both?

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey str8flush, GOod luck on your quest with SNGs!

May I ask are you playing the 9-mans or the 18-mans sng? perhaps a mix of both?

Hey

I mostly play 18-man tables - just cause the money is so much better, sometimes I play 9-man tables.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Current BankRoll: $195

I feel so gross - I have been playing so bad tonight - only down $20 odd, but I won some and loss more though - check out the graph, so bad.d

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude you're not down, you're $195 up ;) Look at the bigger picture my friend :D Just concentrate, an as you said, if things are a bit hazy in your homelife then don't play if you can't concentrate, scour the forums instead :) That's what I do anyway. Or even better, watch poker after dark on youtube, that ALWAYS sets my mind again

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good job man glad to see your doing better than I am. Stay focused man and don't get greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management