Status
Not open for further replies.
S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, well I was inspired by the guy who started his bank roll with $3, although Ill have a bit of a head start starting with $50, its more or less the same.

At the end of each day I will post my results here.

Starting capital = $50

Current Balance = $70.20

This is my 4th attempt at poker, my first three times I was a total fish, didnt know what to do, and went broke asap.

Now after some reading, I think I have some decent bankroll Management.
Im only playing 9-man SNG's atm, when I went broke the first 3 times, I was playing cash tables, so Im staying away from them.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What limit are you playing at and what site are you playing on?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^ this?

And good luck with it.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just a bit curious. You hardly wanna be playing cash on FT with only a $50 roll.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No worries, I wasn't questioning u m8, just wondered myself what limits he playing.

P

pkrook

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck building that bankroll. At what point will you pull out some cash?

liv3player

liv3player

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smart

I think it's real smart to play sit-n-go's.I would also consider playing 2-5$ MTT Tournies.They have good payouts for the right one's and are a nice way to increase your Bankroll.I would stay away from cash tables like the plague.You can last for a long time playing MTT or SNG.Good luck and hope to hear/read some good news.

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's real smart to play sit-n-go's.I would also consider playing 2-5$ MTT Tournies.They have good payouts for the right one's and are a nice way to increase your Bankroll.I would stay away from cash tables like the plague.You can last for a long time playing MTT or SNG.Good luck and hope to hear/read some good news.

I disagree with this. The idea of playing an MTT with 7% of your bankroll in play? That's a sure fire way of a bankroll killer. You're better off just playing in the $1 MTTs and the $2 Full Ring SnGs, killing the Low Limit SnGs isn't hard with patience and decent bubble strategy. But all that comes with PRACTICE and there's no way of practicing by busting your bankroll trying to jump up. What's the saying? "Poker is a marathon not a sprint"

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No worries, I wasn't questioning u m8, just wondered myself what limits he playing.

Oh no worries Jag, i've just had bad experiences in other forums ;)

BTW Jag, I read you're blog. VEERRRRY good read whilst i'm sitting here at work ;)

C

ChurchSkiz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good luck.

I had an initial of $50 and lost it in about two weeks (I got 2,500 hands with it). I had never played serious poker before so I learned a hell of a lot from that $50.

I put in another $50, with a strict set of guidelines (what games I would play, mantras I would repeat if I won/lost, etc.). And so far I am up $20 in a week ($10 from a satellite seat I sold for $T).

My 2 biggest lessons I learned:

A) I lose big after I win. I think I get a mindset that I'm invincible and tend to play more marginal hands after a victory. To counter this I set a rule that I must take a small break after winning 35% of my buy-in.

B) I make too many calls with hands that I know are beat. I'm still working hard on this one.......

shammalamma

shammalamma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting with 50$ is a lot easier than starting with a freeroll win like 1 or 2$, but proper BRM should be strictly followed. There are plenty of threads on this which I'm sure you've read. If you're really scared of cash games, stay out of them for now. Read-up on SNG strategy and stick to 1-2$ games until you have over 100$. Find the game you consistently win at and stick to it for awhile. This is the discipline test, not moving up limits when you think you're whooping the micro limits, stick to the micros if youre winning!

shiver

shiver

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play limit

dont try to move up for a long while

read as much as you can

always watch the play, even when your not in the hand

watch your position, dont play many hands early position

watch who is raising you

and if your not happy or losing just leave plenty of other tables

L

letmeplay89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
patience

great advice..

and alll u need is patience...use proper bankroll managment. if u have 50 dont spend more then 5 bucks on one game

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey dude, glad your motivated. My only suggestions are patients, MINDSET and, @ $70 BR, you CAN play $3.4 SNG's. Thats about 25 buy ins. That way, you can lose 6 in a row, but if you win the 7th, you almost break even. Since you've had good progress so far, I don't really see that happening unless you lose your kool.

However, if you like the $1 MTT SNGs, then keep doing what works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it bro.

Good luck man, stick to your game plan and you WILL be fine!

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting from $50 can be done.
I started with $50 and I've progressed up to $50NL.
I think Zachvac started with a $100 deposit and he's playing $200NL now.

I think daily posts might not be optimal. This is *not* about daily results. Results are by nature swingy and it'll be frustrating if you think of it that way.
Of course... I used to keep daily tallies of my results, so who am I to advise against it?

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is def possible.

I started with 50 3 months ago. Logged about 80k hands since then and im sitting at 450ish now. It can be done with discipline, just play in your limits, grind it up, and dont be afraid to step back down a level when you need to.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, well, I have played 3 x $2 SNGs, and have finished on the bubble on all three, first one I had my Aces cracked all in pre-flop.

This was before I went to polytech, had a really shit day, came home and played two more SNGs, as per above, finished on the bubble, playing I was playing like a donk, so yeah.

Current BR: $63.55

Will play again in a few hours, hopefully Ill have my A game on. Have just got Poker tracker 3, dont know how to use it, but when I find out, Ill post some stats to show you guys.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another Update:

I had lost 3 $2 SNGs since my last post, but on my fourth, I won:)

Current BankRoll: $65.80

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice one. Have you got PT3 working ok now?

S

scragbag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hehe nice one. Shame about bubbling twice. What did you go out on?

N

ncscout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just want to say good luck. I think you would be smart to avoid MTTs right now. Sitngos won't make you rich but they will make you money. I like the 9 player ones myself.

S

str8__flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, well its the end of the night for me, so heres my results:

Current BankRoll: $72.45

Also, heres so stats I manage to get from PT3:

Not to bad, after all the losses I had earlier on, Im glad I made even, with a little more.

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to turn 50 dollars into about 250 within 5 hours. Then lose it all within 5 days because i didnt follow br management a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management