afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I struggle with bluffing so much. I just can't figure it out. Thanks for the replies to give me new ideas!

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
any poker player cannot win a tournament without bluffing

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every bluff is different, but you know that successfully deceiving your opponent at a high stake tastes better:cool:

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The situation to be bluffed is to grasp it accurately.
Players without bluffs cannot earn.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I bluff very rarely. And if I'm bluffing, it's only against one opponent. Of course, bluffing is part of playing poker. Without a bluff, poker will not be poker.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked very much your answer.

But, you think you are lucrative with your bluffs.
You aalready think about your last 100 hands blufs?

The benefit of bluffing is that you don't have a hand to take the pot or scare your opponent and he folds.
The biggest problem is convincing your opponent that you have a good hand.
Profitability in a bluff directly depends on the ability to use a bluff.
You can't bluff often.
Without a bluff, it will be very difficult for you to win if you often get a bad card or need to make an extended raise.
If you're not sure you can bluff then don't bluff.
Bluffing is easiest against a single player and harder against 2-3 players.
I bluff very rarely. Only when there is a desperate situation or I have a big stack.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that we cant win the tournaments without lucky in some splits

About bluff I think this is possible.

any poker player cannot win a tournament without bluffing

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am thinking that bluff is very dangerous and against more that one opponents is prejudicial.
and almost always we are in downgrade
I bluff very rarely. And if I'm bluffing, it's only against one opponent. Of course, bluffing is part of playing poker. Without a bluff, poker will not be poker.

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you goo deep in a tournament is verry easy to bluff all players play safe

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
All players bluff…

Even in cardchat there's one person whose avatar is "i never bluff" or something like that. Guess it must be false-advertising then ...

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a two-edged sword..
It’s especially lethal if you’re the big stack. You can bluff to win a lot & conversely bluff to lose a lot. It’s important to watch other players. What is their pattern. Are they bluffing everyhand? Are they crazy? Do they have a plan? The best players bluff.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why it is necessary our bluff?
I think, in heads-up it is necessary to bluff. Just playing the cards' worth could lead to bleed-out (if not the opponent makes a bad mistake ...)

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hauhauah

Maybe yes maybe not, you only can know if pya until the finish

Even in cardchat there's one person whose avatar is "i never bluff" or something like that. Guess it must be false-advertising then ...

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is good to know how to bluff, or know how to lie at the right time, you must know how to bet, and have a good understanding of the betting ranges, and it also depends on the position in which we find ourselves, this is more than everything, when we are in final position, is where the opportunity to bluff more.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By what I have been studying, u don't need to bluff much to be profitable in the micro stakes. Remember: the great part of u profit come from Value betting, not from bluffing.
The importance of bluff is for balancing ur range, wherelse, every time u bet, the opponnents know u are strong, and only pay with stronger hands.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The advantage of bluffing is that no program and no supercomputer is able to recognize a bluff. Since bluff is illogical in its essence and is the complete opposite of rigid logic.
The problem with bluffing is that it does not initially assume a strong position in the hand. And the player who recognizes the bluff will always be the winner in the duel.
Bluffing is an integral part of the poker game. Without bluffing, the poker game would become boring and uninteresting. Approximately, as the recapture of the receipt when buying at the cash register.
Using bluff is a whole science.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What the biggest vantage of the bluff?

What the biggest problem of the bluff?

Do you lucrative with the bluff?

When we can´t bluff?

Do you bluff against how much opponents?
1. Force your opponent to fold.
2. We can be called and we will lose.
3. No. I hardly bluff. And that's bad.
4. Win with a weak hand and balance the range to win a lot of money with a strong hand.
5. Against loose opponents and in huge pots.
6. Bluffing more than two opponents is very dangerous.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We bluff to fold out better hands that we would lose to if we called or checked, and we bluff to ensure that our value hands get paid off.

If you don't bluff enough, you are easily exploited by observant opponents who will overfold when you bet and can check down weaker hands, knowing that they won't get bluffed off of their marginal value hands.

webwiser

webwiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When we can´t bluff?

What is the biggest advantage of bluffing?
Bluffing is one of the tools we can use to win chips from our opponents. Bluffing is used in specific situations where we need to have information to support this play. Consideration should be given to the timing of the tournament, the size of the stacks, the type of player we are facing (caller, tight, maniac), board types, our hand range and the opponent's range. In a poker tournament the level of aggression increases towards the end of the event and bluffing should be used mainly in the middle and late stages of a tournament.

What is the biggest problem with bluffing?
Perhaps it is precisely to identify the necessary requirements to execute this move. It should be done in very specific scenarios.

Are you profitable with the bluff?
Perhaps with the use of a tracker (like pokertracker 4) we can map and analyze these scenarios and see whether or not we are profitable making such a move.

Why is our bluff necessary?
Bluffing is one of the tools we use to keep our stack healthy, to seek to win chips and stay alive in a poker tournament. To get far in a poker tournament and make money by cashing in or reaching the final table, bluffing will have to be used competently.

When can't we bluff?
Bluff much less early in tournaments. Gradually increase your bluff frequency in the middle and late stages of tournaments. Bluffing is not prohibited, but to execute this move you need to know the necessary requirements to execute it efficiently.

How many opponents do you bluff?
In Texas Holdem it is important to isolate yourself with an opponent so that the equity of our hand is better. The more opponents there are, the less equity our range will have against the ranges of various opponents and we will be less likely to have our play succeed.

webwiser

webwiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When we can´t bluff?

Keep in mind that the vast majority of hands played in poker are decided without showdown. If I'm not mistaken, about 80% or more of the hands played in Texas Hodem are set without showdown.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Bluffing is a risky strategy that can pay off in a satisfying way. Beginning poker players often think bluffing should happen often, but it's best to be selective about when you bluff. Practice bluffing when the stakes are low to build your skill in convincing opponents that you have a good hand. Choose your timing carefully, then slowly raise the bet over the course of the hand to pressure the other players to fold. You won't always be successful, but by understanding the best circumstances and timing of bluffing, you can increase your odds of bluffing to win a hand.

Driving the dream

Driving the dream

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
Showing bluffs frequently yields very little benefit, and if you do it frequently, it's a symptom of ego that will ultimately bring you into problems.

When the stakes are smaller, you may often improve your reputation by acting in the other way and occasionally portraying real monsters even if you don't get to engage in combat with them.If you're the chip leader at the table and have monster hands, you can build up your fear equity to the point where people will outright avoid going deep into a hand with you that you're playing aggressively, which can be very exploitable. Players at lower stakes are much more likely to be superstitious and can frequently be duped into believing that "it's just your night" or that "you've got the lucky seat."

It will be lot simpler to play your marginal cards against someone you know is a big nit if you show them a monster when they fold to it after tanking. This will reaffirm in their minds that their gritty tactics are working for them.

Basically, you shouldn't be entering showdowns frequently if you bluff frequently at your table. You therefore want to take actions that will reduce, not increase, the likelihood that you attend the showdown

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the poker games are based on bluff. Bluffing is a concept that came with experience but theres always players that rather play a "fair game".

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
>> You can win by either having the best hand or by getting your opponent to fold. If you don't have the best hand, you can ONLY win by getting your opponent to fold (unless you run out well, of course).

>> Getting called.

>> A bluff is one tool in your poker toolbox. Its sharpness is directly proportional to how long it stays in the box, rather than being used. If you overuse it, it becomes blunt.

>> Lots of times your opponent's hand is weak, even though it is better than yours. But because of that weakness, we can bluff to force them out of the hand. And Voila, the pot is ours and we didn't really have a winning hand. Instead we had a winning PLAY.

When we can´t bluff?
>> There are numerous situations where bluffing can be a bad idea. Some of these may be in combination...
- Against Fish & Loose/wide players/call-stations.
- When you are very short-stacked against a healthy stack
- Out of position, particularly in a multiway pot.
- Against someone who has shown a strong interest in the pot.

>> A winning poker player should play tight and aggressive and should use a variety of tools from the box. (Pre-flop raising. 3- & 4-betting, continuation bets. Check-raising. appropriate bet sizing in conjunction with the bluff.
So for me it isn't about how many opponents. Multiway, bluffing can be dangerous. But If you're playing TAG poker, then any time you don't hit is an opportunity to consider the merits of bluffing.

If we are dynamic in our play -- ie not doing the same robotic actions -- Then a bluff can be in our arsenal...
Some portion of the time, we'll be folding rather than bluffing,
some portion of the time we're strong, so we'll be continuing
some portion we are weak (and either continue or fold),
and some portion of the time we swing and miss, or are weaker than our opponent we'll employ a bluff.

It is up to every individual player to get their own feel for what "some portion of the time" means to them from 0% to 100% and anywhere in between.

If you never get caught bluffing, you are probably not bluffing enough.
If you do get caught bluffing, no worries, the next time YOU AREN'T bluffing, you can go for a bit extra value on your bets.

Cheers,
JT