cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very enlightening ... do not bluff for more than 2 opposites (not for fish), with few chips and out of position, especially in the middle positions ... the bluff is a staging from beginning to end so when bluffing bet, increase and never give a check .... stay alert with the bluffs that sometimes you'll be just lying to yourself ... honestly I'd rather not bluff

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very nice article!!! It's important too regarding the combos against our hands to know about the relative strength of our hand, for betting or calling on the river. (I love poker math :icon_stud)

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of the examples considered in the article, both rivers look terrible. I would be more likely to play a check in both cases.

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good article because we live the bluff every day on the fifth street or do not bluff, often we see how we do afterwards to be able to steal more chips to the villain and if we bet very little it is sure that they can give us a badbeat or bluff, I am a very passive player, but if we connect a good card on the flop we have to know how to defend our hand by making bets next and very big because it always happens that the river takes us out of a tournament

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Very good content. We do not always get to the river, but if the conditions are given to get there, that our selection of cards has connected in the previous streets and against the smallest number of possible opponents.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of the bluff has to do with how the table perceives you. For example if the table perceives you to be tight and conservative and every time showdown has come in the past and you have represented a strong hand, winning most of the time, the tendency for you to have the winning hand perceived by your opponents will be considered true as long as your bet is an amount that is not worth the opponent or opponents to call if their hand is not good enough even if they have the winning hand, at least that's how I see things.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bluff will not work though if one of the opponents is a caller. Some people out there will call with Ace high.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I fully agree with the article, there are only two situations:
- bets on value;
- bet on bluff.

I particularly, when I'm focused, playing seriously, just bluff when I have a lot of information from the villain, otherwise I will not risk it.
And the value bet has to take into account the range of the villain and what he pays with each hand. In this way, I believe that the extra time will be beneficial and maximized.

W

WaiTiCall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffin On The River

I belive that the only good way to bluff on the river specially online, would be looking back and making sure the story makes sense, it always seems like a bad idea to me when It goes check flop check turn then fire the river ,,,,, the story dosent add up and it almost always seems like a bluff. its a bluff for sure or the person just really smashed that hand and theres prob nothing left in the hand for anyone else.

:captain::rock::girlshit:

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So far as in situations when matters become more complicated on the river, the right decision should be based on previous correct decisions on the post-flop and turn. In case you decide to bluff by betting the river, the villains have to believe that you are strong one right now that's why you have to consider carefully your action and time assigned for these action at the table, everything should looks reasonable (your position, sizing, time/pause).

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RIVER

Betting on the River always requires caution to extract the maximum or have a fold if your hand has no showdown value
But with players Tight Passive (NIT) is worth bluffing in cases where the board help and it has clung to a K or A or Q anyway and need to be careful but a bluff to me only works well for players with this profile game

:jd4:mateuspoker

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty helpful article a strategy to put in practice and remember why are we betting on the river I sometime make the mistake to think only on my hand and make some standar bets like half pot ... now I understand that I should do more thinking of my opponent hand if I want him to fold a better hand o if I want him to call with a worst hand that's the dilema hehehe

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if I honestly do not like the river, if I could have deleted it from poker.
Would not be bluffing on the river, since the rivals sometimes call to look at the opponent's hands, I was lost several times with such a bluff on the river

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd bet with missed flushes and straights. You should only do this with about 1/3 of the hands you make it to the river with. I wouldn't bet with Ace high missed draws because of the showdown value.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I very rarely bluff on the river, like others have said, if I'm still in the hand at the river I usually have a hand and will be betting for value.

:top:

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very simple and complex question and I like the article I have read!But in general we must rely on the opponent we play against so we need much info if we can bluff or just put chips on value but I think I am not used to bluff at river cause I play very tight this street so I need to improve !!

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the toughest river bet to master is the thin value bet. It requires your read on your opponents hand to be the most accurate as well as your read on the player.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars