Best Poker Training Site

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I'm new here and i was checking the forums. Right now I'm learning on the poker site Deepstacks university which is in my opinion is really good. Here's the link if you want to check it out. Also this is my referral link so if you do join you will get a month free.

https://www.deepstacksu.com/poker/p...ferralId=ad141da3-7c1a-40e4-89da-ca95953f8015

Best of luck finding the best site.

I love Deepstacks U - it's what I call teaching on purpose. Great to learn specific concepts versus sitting through someone's 60 minute plus Camtasia video that might have something that relates to where you are at.
A Deepstacks lesson usually can be done in under 10 minutes.
Thumbs up from me

H

hardtowin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What Is a Good Training Site?

Hey everyone, Just wondering on which would be a good trainning site for tournament poker.
I have been playing online since 2008 as a rec player and want to get more serious about the game.
I currently play $1.50 sng's to $10 MTT
It seems like I build my bankroll up a bit and then it disappears.
I would like to find a good trainning site and give that a shot.
Would like to hear some feed back on some trainning sites.
(hopefuly serious coments and not some low ball bashing, I want to get better at the game and need some help)
Thanks

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at the amount / proportion of content that is relevant to the games and levels you play plus, assuming you're interested in moving up, the next couple of higher ones. The more the better. Also factor in that recent content tends to be somewhat more relevant since it better reflects how the games are played now.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what i hear pokerstars Online School (PSO) is very useful in helping a lot of players from begginer to intermediate and even higher levels than intermediate so i would suggest giving that a go and seeing what the results of it are for your game :) I have never used it so have not experienced it on a personal level but have heard good things about it, and hey there is no harm in trying :)

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what i hear Pokerstars Online School (PSO) is very useful in helping a lot of players from begginer to intermediate and even higher levels than intermediate so i would suggest giving that a go and seeing what the results of it are for your game :) I have never used it so have not experienced it on a personal level but have heard good things about it, and hey there is no harm in trying :)

Definitely agree with this, plenty of articles, video tutorials, live tutorials, etc. Plus there is are quizzes for 'core', 'SNG', 'cash' and 'MTT' poker. I believe there is also one for Bankroll Management.

I recommend completing the quizzes before their relevant articles and then after reading the articles, so you can see the improvement. Decision making is key in success to poker, as well as hitting the occassional two outer twice with the same hand (55, :D). As well as this, if you haven't yet deposited on Pokerstars, you get free tournament tokens for completing quizzes to a high standard. I believe these are Sit and Go tokens, so you can have a free shot at SNGs out of your bankroll.

I'd also like to add that playing Single Table SNGs will come in very handy when playing tournaments, as it is like playing on a final table [albeit most final tables everyone has cashed, whereas in an single-table SNG, the top 2(6-max), 3(full ring) or 50%(double-up, heads-up) get paid]. Pokerstars is a great place to learn combined with its PokerSchoolOnline, because you can multi-table easily due to the high-level of traffic. This should make the variance even out a bit more, help you forget about bubbling in a big tournament and improve your decision making.

So, pokerschoolonline.com :D

Last edited:
H

hardtowin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone, very helpful hearing some feedback. I will check out the Pokerstars trainning. I consider myself a meduim skill player. I have won $900 in 1 tournament and wins here and their in sit'n goes. I find the hardest thing is to make the right decision when getting played back at. I watched the scoop tournaments and wow those guys winning that cash is unreal.

MTTGOD57

MTTGOD57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone, very helpful hearing some feedback. I will check out the Pokerstars trainning. I consider myself a meduim skill player. I have won $900 in 1 tournament and wins here and their in sit'n goes. I find the hardest thing is to make the right decision when getting played back at. I watched the scoop tournaments and wow those guys winning that cash is unreal.

Tourtement poker edge is perfect for someone in your situation. They have over 400 videos dedicated to MTTs including, Live sweat sessions, Hand histories, MTT strategy and more. The instructors there are very friendly and have made millions of dollars from both live and online MTTs. For only $23.95 a month you cant go wrong.

http://www.tournamentpokeredge.com/

Last edited:
individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tourtement poker edge is perfect for someone in your situation. They have over 400 videos dedicated to MTTs including, Live sweat sessions, Hand histories, MTT strategy and more. The instructors there are very friendly and have made millions of dollars from both live and online MTTs. For only $23.95 a month you cant go wrong.

http://www.tournamentpokeredge.com/

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com is free and pays out tournament tokens just by getting good scores in quizzes. There are also PSO freerolls. The payouts are awful, but I believe there is a leaderboard which pays out handsomely. $23.95 a month is not worth it when pokerstars offers all the things this site you say does. Top quality site, contributors include: Lex Veldhuis, Chris Moneymaker, Nanonoko, Daniel Negreanu, etc.

MTTGOD57

MTTGOD57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com is free and pays out tournament tokens just by getting good scores in quizzes. There are also PSO freerolls. The payouts are awful, but I believe there is a leaderboard which pays out handsomely. $23.95 a month is not worth it when pokerstars offers all the things this site you say does. Top quality site, contributors include: Lex Veldhuis, Chris Moneymaker, Nanonoko, Daniel Negreanu, etc.

What you spend your money on is your choice however i have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this website and i am positive others who are members can vouch for that. Nothing better than having a full 45 minute strategy video dedicated to all aspects of successful MTT play.

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you spend your money on is your choice however i have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this website and i am positive others who are members can vouch for that. Nothing better than having a full 45 minute strategy video dedicated to all aspects of successful MTT play.

Again, Pokerstars' PokerSchoolOnline has this featured on their site. EVERYTHING is covered. I'm not being paid to pitch PokerSchoolOnline, but I believe in helping people get the best training at the best price.

MTTGOD57

MTTGOD57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, Pokerstars' PokerSchoolOnline has this featured on their site. EVERYTHING is covered. I'm not being paid to pitch PokerSchoolOnline, but I believe in helping people get the best training at the best price.

That's fine your choice. Have fun grinding at the micros for the rest of your poker career.

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's fine your choice. Have fun grinding at the micros for the rest of your poker career.

Do you need to pay $23.95 for tutorials to play higher stake MTTs? The content on PokerSchoolOnline is top-notch, free and offers free tournament tokens. Everything you've mentioned about this other site is covered in PokerSchoolOnline. Not only that, people like Daniel Negreanu have contributed!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you need to pay $23.95 for tutorials to play higher stake MTTs? The content on PokerSchoolOnline is top-notch, free and offers free tournament tokens. Everything you've mentioned about this other site is covered in PokerSchoolOnline. Not only that, people like Daniel Negreanu have contributed!
imo you're comparing learning how to ride a tricycle with learning how to race a motorcycle. (I've never heard of anyone paying to learn how to ride a tricycle)

TPE is a good site for MTT players & @ $23.95/mth. that is super reasonable imo.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TPE is the nuts, its got heaps of content and a great bunch of pros/members.
I joined around christmas and i feel it has taught me alot.
Im not being a shill but if you are serious about MTT poker then i recommend TPE, otherwise you could try Poker X factor (I havent tried it but its the only other MTT based site)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also TPE has over 150 small/micro stake relevant material, aswell as more advanced/higher stakes stuff

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I am still questioning...what does this site have that PokerSchoolOnline doesn't have?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
500 MTT vids, actual pro contribution, much higher general level of competency,

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frankly comparing a subscription based, highly recommended training site to a free poker for beginners course shows your own ignorance

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is wrong with you people? Firstly, PSO is more than just for Beginners. Calling me ingorant has really riled me up. Also, saying that I'm going to grind the micros my whole 'poker career'? Grow up! I don't need to pay $23.95 a month to become a better poker player. I can do that by reading articles, coming on CardsChat and most importantly, PLAYING.

At the end of the day, nobody here is right, its just all a bunch of opinions. Its strange how you're all so defensive about this crappy TPE site (oooh).

MTTGOD57

MTTGOD57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is wrong with you people? Firstly, PSO is more than just for Beginners. Calling me ingorant has really riled me up. Also, saying that I'm going to grind the micros my whole 'poker career'? Grow up! I don't need to pay $23.95 a month to become a better poker player. I can do that by reading articles, coming on CardsChat and most importantly, PLAYING.

At the end of the day, nobody here is right, its just all a bunch of opinions. Its strange how you're all so defensive about this crappy TPE site (oooh).

A keapy site? wow you really are ignorant. TPE is a must for any serious MTT player. You get access to players who actually care about their members for a minimal cost and provide content that is fresh relevant and well made. The content is diverse with a array of videos from High, mid stakes, low stakes and micro mtts so there is something for everyone. And most of all membership is dirt cheap for what you get.

individualequal

individualequal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've really sold it to me... absolutely necessary for me to progress as a poker player...

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A keapy site? wow you really are ignorant. TPE is a must for any serious MTT player. You get access to players who actually care about their members for a minimal cost and provide content that is fresh relevant and well made. The content is diverse with a array of videos from High, mid stakes, low stakes and micro mtts so there is something for everyone. And most of all membership is dirt cheap for what you get.

what he said

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got to agree poker stars School is top notch, I am currently trying to qualify for their premier leage, one tip though, if you are going to try it you are far better trying to qualify via the Poker Skill League Qualifiers which cost $1.10 but only have a couple of hundred entrants, rather than the Open League which have 10000 in most and are a complete donkfest.
Dont ignore the content on here either, you will find articles about anything and any type of poker and you will always find someone willing to help you with any questions or problems, all you have to do it post it on here :)

Good luck with your poker career :D

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no single option that is best for everyone. The best fit for each person can depends on a variety of factors, and they can have different weights at different times / in different circumstances.

For one thing, great players all have a lot of knowledge and skill. But that doesn't mean they can all have similar levels of ability to convey what they know. It also matters how the student thinks and learns, and how that fits with a particular instructor's communication style.

There's also the matter of how appropriate different players' materials are in terms of fit with your game. For instance, Negreanu is a small baller. This style is a better fit for deep stacks and slow structures. So, it's not necessarily a great a fit for a lot of online tournaments, including many regular speed ones.

And as a third example (among many other possibilities), people differ greatly in their ability to change / adapt their styles / games. So, in my case, while it's still useful to learn how top-notch LAGs think and play, in practice, I'm never going to change enough to have such a style. So, I'm more likely to improve my own game by concentrating on material from trainers whose styles are closer to mine.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I can learn how to drive a car by going to 'ABC Driving for Dummies'. I can also learn by just driving a car a bunch. I can also learn by driving my neighbour's go-kart. Doubt I'll be entering the Indy500 anytime soon though.