The Benefits of Aggression (Day 2 Course Discussion)

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that being aggressive is everything in poker so you determine the opponent's actions. but I doubt if being too aggressive out of position with AJ AQ AK is not too risky.

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Day 2# made me want to keep and eye out on every action players make per street, this is so difficult to me and so crucial because when you are in the middle of a hand you can't go back and see what your oponent has done, you've got to remember everything

I'm really excited to continue this course!

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People! Do not be aggressive! Be nice!:flowers:

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, playing against an aggressive player is difficult, and it is necessary to apply aggressive actions. But remember that it is impossible to play aggressively throughout the tournament and there can always be one more successful aggressor.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, playing against an aggressive player is difficult, and it is necessary to apply aggressive actions. But remember that it is impossible to play aggressively throughout the tournament and there can always be one more successful aggressor.

I think the best way to play against an aggressive player is to wait on a good hand and trap them.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I thought it was aggressive but I see that it was very passive. I have adjusted this and it has given me good results. It sure was worth it.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play very aggressively BEFORE
Tournament payouts, but before the money, I start playing aggressively! At this stage of the tournament, you can earn a lot of chips to increase your stack!

W

Wellingtonaakkk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play quite passively at the first levels, depending on the hand and the position at the table..example: If I have monster hands, I will face other players yes. As the game draws to a reasonable position I continue my form without aggression, otherwise, I start to be more aggressive with hands that are not so monster, example: A10, K9, Q9, KQ I go all in to steal blinds but I don't pay all in out of position.

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The Day 2 of this course relats us the benefits of aggression .The aggression in poker it s very important ,but you must to be very calculated with your bankroll specially in some tournament s ,because too much aggression can cost you all the bankroll you make that time.You must to be balanced and don t risk too much every hand.Thanks for this course CC ! :)

M

morthiman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
About the video (the final play analysis)

I'm not saying its a written on stone but.... Usually (what I've seen so far) when someone bets 2-1bbs at the RIVER, after a check on TURN (Either on or out of position) it doesn´t mean weakness...

Usually they´re fishing for some value...which makes me ask.

How can I tell this difference. Are they betting low because they're weak? Or because they are begging for a call/raise?

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be able to know exactly in which moments you can play aggressively. Very often, many players play aggressively with a large stack. Or when they enter tilt

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys, we appreciate all these nice words on the Day 2 lesson!

K

koXhunter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
okey i m going step by step and not letting anything goby don t know if i m doing this right but gueessed this goinng to help mee on the future games i will play

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Day 2 completed.

Very nice video. I think that my aggressive poker play works best when i have like 10000 chips and the opponent has like 2000 chips.
If he calls it is a matter of life and dead, when i raise him.
To me it is just small adjustment of my stack if i loose.

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enthusiast

Honestly, I rarely choose an aggressive game, although sometimes you need to put pressure on an opponent, and with a better card you can double or even triple your bank

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A great lesson to improve your poker skills and specially aggression who it s very important in poker ,but with balanced moves,because sometimes too much aggression can cost you very much.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good lesson, I sometimes play passive, neutral and aggresive action that depend of my hand, the context, and the player against Im playing the hand.
But I like to play agressive most of the time, knowing that is the most power way to play, especially when the opponent have fold equity or when I make a bluff.

T

Tux97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against certain players aggression can hurt. I've had dudes clean me out by calling with 73.

On a rainbow board I am thinking no way that dude called a 4 bet preflop with a 7 in his hand. I was wrong.
Yes this sucks big time. I know the feeling. But in the long term, they will loose.... it just doesn't feel like this at the moment when it happens [emoji849]

T

Tux97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice from day 2 on making aggression your default play. I think about it like this: there are two way to win a hand when betting or (re)raising, either without a showdown when your opponents fold (fold equity) or getting to the river and having a showdown. Contrast this with just calling along where you can only win with a showdown. I know many want to slow play a monster hand but this is too risky as I have learned many times because it gives your opponents opportunities to see subsequent streets on the cheap and possibly beating your hands by the river or even earlier [emoji3525]

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi family! Day #2 concluded.

Thanks Colin, nice explanations. I think I'm a TAG, but, based on my small bankroll, I suffer more when I face some situations. It occurs because I can't perform a correct management of my br until now. I play some mtt's until 5.50 with a 10$ bank, for example.

Okay, I am a recreational player, but I got some good results, I'm improving my skills. I'm not comfortable playing cheaper sit n go's, so that's why I give some dive in the tourneys.

Nowadays I'm not thinking about be a profesional poker player, but my goal is don't need to deposit anymore, so I'm trying some changes in my gameplay.

First, and good for my until now, I restricted my PS. Mtt allowed up to 2.20 and sng up to 0,45 so I can try some satellites. It's working a lot. I'm playing my mtt's and cashing in some of them.

Now, with this course, it's clear I will change more and more, and will improve even more.

I promise I will try to apply this lessons on my games.

Thanks again Cardschat.

meagain00

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi family! Day #2 concluded.

Thanks Colin, nice explanations. I think I'm a TAG, but, based on my small bankroll, I suffer more when I face some situations. It occurs because I can't perform a correct management of my br until now. I play some mtt's until 5.50 with a 10$ bank, for example.

Okay, I am a recreational player, but I got some good results, I'm improving my skills. I'm not comfortable playing cheaper sit n go's, so that's why I give some dive in the tourneys.

Nowadays I'm not thinking about be a profesional poker player, but my goal is don't need to deposit anymore, so I'm trying some changes in my gameplay.

First, and good for my until now, I restricted my PS. Mtt allowed up to 2.20 and sng up to 0,45 so I can try some satellites. It's working a lot. I'm playing my mtt's and cashing in some of them.

Now, with this course, it's clear I will change more and more, and will improve even more.

I promise I will try to apply this lessons on my games.

Thanks again Cardschat.

meagain00
This is an excellent goal and I wish you the best of luck! It sounds like you're well on your way to making it come true :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great advice from day 2 on making aggression your default play. I think about it like this: there are two way to win a hand when betting or (re)raising, either without a showdown when your opponents fold (fold equity) or getting to the river and having a showdown. Contrast this with just calling along where you can only win with a showdown. I know many want to slow play a monster hand but this is too risky as I have learned many times because it gives your opponents opportunities to see subsequent streets on the cheap and possibly beating your hands by the river or even earlier [emoji3525]

I totally agree about the tendency to slow play huge hands; I've seen so many players have this instinct over the years! I think at least some of it is born out of a player wanting that feeling (of having the nuts or close to it) to go on forever such that they actually wind up prioritizing that over trying to make the most out of the hand by simply attempting to build the pot :)

T

Tux97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typo on page 11 - first paragraph. Fold equity is discussed in day 4.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the players who are with me at the poker table, I like to meet aggressive players. The main thing will stop in time if something happens :)