The Benefits of Aggression (Day 2 Course Discussion)

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The KJ 3 bet at the end I don't get it at the beginning it appears to be a weird play, but with explanation it became more clear. But I rather take the passive line at the end cause the only hand that bet us and can fold are Q with low kicker, all doubles pairs, Sets, straight will call.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I am waiting for more explanation about this hand like the pro player told us (he say he will explain this in further episodes). I am guessing he has good intuition and know for sure that the player doesn't have anything it came with experience, so this is why even if we raise and he shoves ha can still manage to call cause of his good reed and his good comprehension of the game and the player.

Joseph Nobbs

Joseph Nobbs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This time doing this course it made me think lot more the first time I think I kinda lost myself trying to take all the information in and forgetting the important thing but fantastic course. Love it

CollYan

CollYan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
An important learning lesson. I have not yet determined the final decision on how to deal with different types of players for myself. I need more practice, more games.

ConnyChiwa

ConnyChiwa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Mattryder, I agree 100% with your post.

As for the video, I like the idea of three levels of aggression (aggressive, passive, and neutral). I hadn't used the term neutral before, but it makes perfect sense. I find it interesting that all three levels of aggression were used in the last hand example. This should be an aha moment for anyone who thinks aggressive play must mean keeping our foot on the gas at all times.

I do have a question though. In two of the videos, the hero on the turn did not raise with the well-known reason that “only a better hand would call.” If the river was a brick in one of these hands, why was that reasoning thrown at the river? It seems that we should not wobble back and forth from street to street based on our reasoning. Otherwise, we could fall into the trap of taking every action we take

Sometimes the first two lessons are enough to win. Aggressive play in position is really hard to confront. If I were to play it in the example hand, the villain would probably have had 89s...
Day 1 - Chapter 2

It is very important to differentiate whether a player is passive, neutral, or aggressive. Today in the freeroll, I had a very difficult time playing against the bad guy, to the point where I started making bad decisions; I folded winning hands into aggression and stayed away from hands that I would have won if I had the chance to limp.

Answer to the video question:

Preflop - aggressive (bet)
Postflop - neutral (check)
Turn - passive (call)
River — aggressive (increase)

So far, it's been great fun and informative.
I'm thrilled...

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm on week 2 of CC Pokercourse and I already can see some change in my game in general. A very solid and informative course while keeping it simple.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It still amazes me that every game I see players limping to players that are sitting out, they must not have gone through the course.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Hello! I would write this post for those who do not read the tutorial, but look at the comments on the forum. I am only writing the most important thing, which is the lesson from the chapter of the tutorial!

Chapter 2
(The Benefits of Aggression)

Those who tend to play too many hands, not only with strong cards, but also with medium and weak cards! They raise and bluff a lot, which is why they are difficult to predict! A good strategy at tables with few players! Sometimes, high-stakes tables are more effective than a tight style.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Day 2 done!

I learned how importante agression are, just as much my lucky, because everytime i go agressive someone go all-in. Eventually i need to play more passively or call the all-in :|

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
chapter 2 done - tomorrow chapter 3 ;-) - easy to understand - good work@CC!

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Another useful chapter. It adds more light into understanding the depths of the game. One question though :the hero check on the turn wasn't it supposed to be a bet?

Nandabio81

Nandabio81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Being unpredictable and tougher to play against.

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
watching class 2, very good, congratulations

Maxi1980

Maxi1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last raise with KJ showed me that i must take the time to try to read the opponent hand, i'm gonna put that in practise for sure

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This course is interesting me a little more in each chapter and after reading some comments in each day's lesson I am convinced that you have to be more aggressive with made hands. But if you have the best hand and the bet size is too big for villain to call on the river, wouldn't that be a loss in itself?

A Call Station Player is wonderful, I would love to have several at my table, they are extremely passive and call with medium hands. It is very rare that they go up, pass and pay, they are very exploitable.

Tipaca

Tipaca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MT
Chips
I watched video 1 and 2 , and I saw that all the times to win the pot you over bet, is it your agressive strategy or just for the example, because for me all the time players over bet it's just a bluff or they want to stop the action because we have a possible draw on the flop turn etc and they are scary to play more.
Because an overbet it's an very low equity for the adverse players too.
Ok when they bet low , most of the time it can be just to say , I play and I want to see more but not to expensive :)

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just finished watching the second day of the course, and I received a lot of valuable information that will definitely help me in the future! I will play more aggressively.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, nice topic, I think the right use of the three types of actions are profitable but being aggressive could be more.

MikeDeez

MikeDeez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I thought checking was passive but it’s neither only calling is passive… I am an aggressive player, I like to bet and raise!

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Day 2 completed, the choice between a passive opponent who tends to check and call frequently and a loose or tight opponent who plays more actively depends on your own playing style and strategy. Here are some considerations:
Against a passive opponent:
  • You can take control of the action and steer the game.
  • You'll have more opportunities to steal pots with aggressive bets.
  • You can make more accurate reads on their hand when they finally bet.
Against a loose or tight opponent:
  • You can anticipate more predictable playing patterns.
  • You'll need to be more selective with your hands and strategies, as they may be more aggressive or conservative.
  • You can exploit their playing tendencies, for example, by betting stronger against loose opponents or seeking smaller pots against tight opponents.
Ultimately, preference depends on your playing style and skills. Some players prefer facing passive opponents to take control, while others enjoy the variability that loose or tight opponents offer. The key is to adapt your strategy based on the type of opponent you are up against and capitalize on their weaknesses.

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
On a raise on the flop you study what the opponent would have, on the turn a big raise you would always think of the opponent even if he held on the big pair you would say wow AA and it would make sense to risk at the given moment a situation that Raise is on your side at the rival 🙂

MJ23Bullz

MJ23Bullz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody, just finished Day 2.

Answering the question, i think AGGRESION is one of the keys to success in poker. The possibility to take pots from passive players and speculative hands worth to play aggresive, so you can determinate the size of the pots, the action, add value to your hand, and of course become a hard nut to crack on the poker table.

Now let's move into Day 3.

Thank you Kate and Collin.