*** August Micro Thread ***

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk Idon't like having 12 bi's on the tables while I only have 25-30 bi's in my br. Monkey tilt shove just half those tables and you're crippled.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, or if you're prone to monkeytilt. :D I am not, and after cashing out and starting over I played with 10+ buyins for 5nl and ~15 buyins 10nl 4 tabling comfortably. I don't think I've played more than ~100k ring hands total, but my largest downswings at micro had been 5-7 until last week when lost 8 at 10nl...then again, I haven't recovered from that downswing yet, quite likely will drop atleast a little further first. As far as 5nl v 10nl, its a few BB/100 harder ime.

Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all. i just got rakeback and have tons of questions. but let me start with just a few. i see in my HEM a rakeback box. how does this work do i got to set something up? like entering it manually? and also the BB/100 if you get rakeback is this added to the BB/100 or is that without it? i got tons of FTPs i've won through playing FTPs satellites and was going to buy 3 or 6 months of stoxpoker. so if i spend 13.5k of them even though most of these i've won not earned will they all count against my rakeback? is this the right thread to ask all this?

Last edited:
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 263$ now. Am I ready for 10NL? Anyway im multitabling 4tables. Or should I wait for 300$ before moving up to 10NL?

i got a few rule for this that I've been using and has been working out if i can just stick to them. when multitabling I never have more than 20% of my roll in play at one single time. that means if I had $100 BR I would only be able to play 3(not 4) $5 buyin tables at once. It doesn't matter to me how many tables I got going as long as it's less than 20% of my roll. I also want to have over 20 buyin to spare in my roll for that level. I also set a stop loss figure of 15% of my roll. eg $15 if my roll was $100 if I drop to $85 thats it for the session. so with $300 you could have as many as 5 tables going at once. but woud need to end the session if you dropped to $255.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all. i just got rakeback and have tons of questions. but let me start with just a few. i see in my HEM a rakeback box. how does this work do i got to set something up? like entering it manually? and also the BB/100 if you get rakeback is this added to the BB/100 or is that without it? i got tons of FTPs i've won through playing FTPs satellites and was going to buy 3 or 6 months of stoxpoker. so if i spend 13.5k of them even though mot of these i've won not earned will they all count against my rakeback? is this the right thread to ask all this?

For HEM just go to Options > Rakeback and Bonuses > Add Rakeback.

RB is not added to your BB/100 but at micro levels it can add over 1BB/100 to your earn rate.

Using FTPs will hit your MGR and hence your RB. Every 1K points you use will cost you $1.35 in RB (27% of $5 as FTPs are valued at .05 ea.). Doesn't matter when you earned the points, it's when you spend them that they hit your MGR. Getting the training sites with your points is a good deal even if it does cost you a little in RB.

If you play enough at Tilt you should also sign up at www.truelyfreepokertraining.com. It's free and it does NOT effect your RB.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if u are currently not playing on tilt, if u use the ftp you will still have to pay back the deficit on the next rakeback payment right ?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if u are currently not playing on tilt, if u use the ftp you will still have to pay back the deficit on the next rakeback payment right ?
Yes. It will cost you eventually, unless you never play there again.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah that happened to me once i think, i cleared an increment of the signup bonus then didnt play for a week and my RB balance was at -$6, which was held back from the next payment

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play enough at Tilt you should also sign up at www.truelyfreepokertraining.com. It's free and it does NOT effect your RB.

I think you were the one you suggest this to me before. I did signup. Got 2 free weeks but figured 3 months solid and a few free weeks added on wouldnt hurt. I got so much out of watching sessions. Anyway thanks for the answers big help.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok it says it takes away from the rake at $.005 per point. so if my math is right it will cost me $67.50 if i use 13,500FTPs. is this right it seems high. This is quite a hit as I won these points in FTP satellites and didnt actaully pay a rake to get them. oh well I guess nothing is free. But what exactly is this MGR i've been hearing so much about?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MGR is monthly gross rake, afaik its the total amount of rake u generated that month

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will actually only cost you 27% of that $67.50. MGR is your share of the rake collected as you play. It's the big number that you get 27% of as RB. When you use points they hit your MGR at a rate of $5/1K points. Which means they cost you $1.35/1K used (27% of $5).

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm. I think im going to stick to my plan to wait for 300$. Before doing 4 tables of 10NL. Just to be safe.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing wrong with safe, whatever makes u feel more comfortable

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edit: Im an idiot.

Last edited:
J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's how today is going.

Attachments

• 82309.jpg
    82309.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 10
RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally made it to SilverStar playing 10nl. At the rate I've been going lately (about 200 FPS a day), I wonder if I should try for GoldStar. I'd need about 1,800 VPP in less than 8 days.

Also, a question about current status: It says I am a SilverStar valid until Sep 30. Does that mean I will be accumulating more points immediately, or does the new status start at the beginning of next month?

Attachments

• silverstar.JPG
    silverstar.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 9
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u are now getting 1.5 FPP for every VPP, starting immediately
1800 vpps at 10nl is pretty much impossible unless u 24 table a whole LOT of hours at this point.

apparently 10nl is ~0.037 VPP/hand
Hands * 0.037 = 1800
Hands = 1800/0.037 = ~48k

Last edited:
RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, since you put it that way, it's a little insane to try. But if I were, insane that is, is it worth it to make it to GoldStar, as far as benefits over SilverStar? I don't have any experience with what I can do with my points, other than buy a tee-shirt or hat.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the benefit of having more fpps to cash in (either bonuses or through FPP satties) are more than likely not gonna be worth having to play 50k hands in 6 days and screwing up your play by playing that many hours on that many tables, no

not to mention its close to impossible if ur not chicago joey or someone

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, since you put it that way, it's a little insane to try. But if I were, insane that is, is it worth it to make it to GoldStar, as far as benefits over SilverStar? I don't have any experience with what I can do with my points, other than buy a tee-shirt or hat.

FPPs have approximately $.016 of tournament value and bonus value at Supernova with $.013 of value for platinum bonus. If you are halfway decent with satellites, the 20 man 210fpp satellites are extremely soft. Otherwise, just buy the cash bonuses once you're platinum status+.

That being said, its generally not really worth it to put in a ton of hours just to get gold star. Let's say you will easily get gold star next month. This means your first 3000 vpps next month will have a 2x multiplier instead of 1.5x multiplier. This results in 1500 more fpps or approximately $20 dollars. Also, if you get it a couple days before the end of the month, you would qualify for the 100k freeroll which has like $12 value should you decide to play it (but generally not worth it).

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 20 man 210fpp satellites are extremely soft.

Let's say you will easily get gold star next month. This means your first 3000 vpps next month will have a 2x multiplier instead of 1.5x multiplier. This results in 1500 more fpps or approximately $20 dollars.

the 280 hyper turbo 6 max satties are good too, third gets buy in back and top 2 gets the same $T 11 ticket as in the 210fpp ones.
thats not really true about his vpps though, if hes silver this month and gets gold the next his first 3000 vpps have the 1.5x multiplier and only after he gets gold does he get a 2x multiplier :)

in any case no need to worry about silver/gold/w.e since its all of little value anyway, best to focus on your game and improving at this poker game so you can move up