*** August Micro Thread ***

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a 4 buyin upswing tonight in like an hour of 6 tabling. Here are a few big hands.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2)
SB ($3.84)
BB ($7.94)
UTG ($0.76)
Hero (MP) ($12.81)
CO ($4.76)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif

UTG calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.08, CO raises to $0.26, 2 folds, BB calls $0.24, UTG raises to $0.76 (All-In), Hero raises to $12.81 (All-In), CO calls $4.50 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: ($10.55) 2
club.gif
, 3
spade.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: ($10.55) 7
heart.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($10.55) 2
spade.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $10.55 | Rake: $0.50
Main pot: $2.55 between UTG, Hero and CO, won by Hero
Side pot 1: $8 between Hero and CO, won by Hero

Results:
UTG had 10
diamond.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(two pair, tens and twos).
Hero had K
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif
(two pair, Kings and twos).
CO had K
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero won $10.05

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($1.97)
Button ($2.24)
SB ($8.27)
BB ($8.97)
UTG ($5)
UTG+1 ($2.04)
Hero (MP1) ($5)
MP2 ($4.84)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif

UTG bets $0.04, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, SB calls $0.11, BB raises to $0.37, UTG calls $0.33, Hero raises to $0.80, 1 fold, BB calls $0.43, UTG calls $0.43

Flop: ($2.52) 3
club.gif
, Q
spade.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB bets $0.17, UTG calls $0.17, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.33, UTG calls $0.33

Turn: ($4.02) 9
diamond.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.22, BB calls $1.22, UTG calls $1.22

River: ($7.68) A
club.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.48 (All-In), BB calls $2.48, 1 fold

Total pot: $12.64 | Rake: $0.60
Main pot: $12.64 between BB and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
BB had Q
club.gif
, 10
club.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Hero had A
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Aces).
Outcome: Hero won $12.04

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple things...

First off Jake: I'm 4k hands short of hitting 100k for the month...your slacking big time:eek:

Secondly: I was looking over my career winnings graph and noticing trends and trying to just observe how I matured as time went on since I really got serious back in November of 2008. After looking at that and tonights session it really occurred to me a fundamental lightbulb moment that turned me from a breakeven player to a winning player; This 'ah ha' moment was when I was able to not stack off with Overpairs on dry dry boards to regs who were set mining. I know it sounds simple enough but I believe for more micro stakes and lowstakes players this is a fundamental flaw and bad habit that carrys with people throughout their careers. I know it has for mine and has made appearances in my game every now and then but not too often. Recognizing when you have a reg or tight player set mining vs. a fish with TPTK whos begging you to take his money, is crucial.

Just something to think on:joyman:

Attachments

• careerprofitz.jpg
    careerprofitz.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lifetime graph ITT
u are now insta doomswitched for the following 120934 days

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I started playing cash just about a week ago.

All at 2NL

Attachments

• Pokergraph.jpg
    Pokergraph.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
case iv played 7.5k a day for the past two days so there ! but still only 60k for the month lol

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this micro thread has 41236x more poker-related discussion than the astro aug poker chat thread. And i love it.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lifetime graph ITT
u are now insta doomswitched for the following 120934 days

If by instant doomswitch you mean +2 BI session after posting that:icon_sant

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So how do these "sweats" work, and would anyone be able to give me a little help on my game in September sometime?

I play 5NL 6max, but I might try to make an early jump up to 10NL if someone takes the offer... I would much rather get pointers on beating that level anyway.

PM works fine if there are any takers, can't really give you back anything in return except my undying gratitude!

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually people download TeamViewer (or Mikogo) give your code to the other person, or is it vice versa, and they can see your desktop until you click the program off...think need decently fast internet for it to work well, otherwise might just have to do something with msn + watching your tables. Its lagged quite alot when I've used TeamViewer.

Filtered for 10nl, weeeee

Last edited:
Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i have lost nearly 10BIs in 3.3k hands woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i have lost nearly 10BIs in 3.3k hands woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya d00d, I think your clearly playing frustrated poker which isn't going to help anything. I'd suggest taking a day or two off to let your mind refresh. Watch some videos and study a little bit. I'll do a sweat with you if you want? Might help settle you down. Let me know.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 buyins down since posting that graph :{

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm back peeps, all married and honeymooned up, back to regular life and poker!

Incase you don't see it in the august thread b/c i have an amazing knack of posting the last post on a page.

First session back tonight and it went well Something that might give me something to think about is that i 4-tabled tonight and never fired up my HUD and at the micro's i'm starting to wonder if i should just keep it like this, or at least have a minimal VPIP/PFR/AF HUD???

I just thought that tonight i mostly just played my hands, this stopped me getting into many awkward spots, gonna import the hands now and see what kinda stats i was playing, i get the feeling it might have been tightish with some LP flat calling with good implied odds hands.

Just seems that lately i have been using the stats a bit too much and maybe some FPS has been emerging, i think that if i drop the HUD or at least the majority of the stats i have on there i might be able to get out of the micros at last, after all, at the micros if you just play your hands theres plenty of people that will pay you off with worse right?

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm back peeps, all married and honeymooned up, back to regular life and poker!

Incase you don't see it in the august thread b/c i have an amazing knack of posting the last post on a page.

First session back tonight and it went well Something that might give me something to think about is that i 4-tabled tonight and never fired up my HUD and at the micro's i'm starting to wonder if i should just keep it like this, or at least have a minimal VPIP/PFR/AF HUD???

I just thought that tonight i mostly just played my hands, this stopped me getting into many awkward spots, gonna import the hands now and see what kinda stats i was playing, i get the feeling it might have been tightish with some LP flat calling with good implied odds hands.

Just seems that lately i have been using the stats a bit too much and maybe some FPS has been emerging, i think that if i drop the HUD or at least the majority of the stats i have on there i might be able to get out of the micros at last, after all, at the micros if you just play your hands theres plenty of people that will pay you off with worse right?

Congrats :) glad to have ya back!~

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so, i have enough to be properly rolled for either 5nl or 10nl on stars. Should I skip 5nl and go straight to 10nl or put in some some time at 5 nl first?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so, i have enough to be properly rolled for either 5nl or 10nl on stars. Should I skip 5nl and go straight to 10nl or put in some some time at 5 nl first?

Imo - the rake is a killer at 10nl, I assume this is also true (if not more true) at 5nl. If your goal is moving up and you're rolled for 10nl, start at 10nl and move up to 25nl as quickly as you can. Make sure you follow proper brm, but my guess is that you won't need to drop to 5nl if you're really rolled for 10nl.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive played around 4k hands at 2nl starting from a 50 dollar deposit and am now at $240. So 24 buyins for both 5nl and 10nl on stars. is the level of play pretty much the same at 5nl and 10nl?

Last edited:
Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

skip 5NL IMO, but it needs to be what your comfortable with:cool:

On a similar note... I'm at 3,800 for my roll right now and am trying to figure out when I should make the jump to 100NL. I was planning on once i hit 40 buy ins moving up, but then I started thinking im killing 50NL so hard I might as well just finish the month out there? Also don't want to move up to 100NL only to discover ive been on the biggest heater of my life and am not as good as my results have indicated. Any and all input welcomed.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am an oddity since I prefer to play at 5nl tables where people have bought in deep. The max buyin is $10 at both stakes, so you can play 200bb derep at 5nl if you pick the right table and I have much more fun playing deep. Also I win a little bit more as I am loose.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't rush, 100nl sucks (probably just me).

my 50nl for comparison

:(