*** August Micro Thread ***

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, just to be safe, since I won a live tourney for a few hundred bucks yesterday, I deposited enough more so I have around 30+ buyins for 10NL and to take advantage of the reload offer.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo - the rake is a killer at 10nl, I assume this is also true (if not more true) at 5nl. If your goal is moving up and you're rolled for 10nl, start at 10nl and move up to 25nl as quickly as you can. Make sure you follow proper brm, but my guess is that you won't need to drop to 5nl if you're really rolled for 10nl.

Yes, it is, but it's not so bad at 5nl -- I don't know why.

ive played around 4k hands at 2nl starting from a 50 dollar deposit and am now at $240. So 24 buyins for both 5nl and 10nl on stars. is the level of play pretty much the same at 5nl and 10nl?

No, 10nl is quite a bit better, or else I got worse.:rolleyes:

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys help me with this hand.. Is this the right play? Need help hard for me to fold TPTK. Ty. Need advice badly.

Stacks:
SB with $4.80
BB with $8.51
UTG with $5.48
MP with $4.99
CO with $7.20
BTN with $6.40

hand.pl

Blinds: $0.00/$0.00
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to SB:K♥ A♥
Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
1 players fold.
MP calls [$0.05]
CO calls [$0.05]
BTN calls [$0.05]
Hero raises $0.25 to $0.30
BB calls [$0.25]
MP calls [$0.25]
1 players fold.
BTN calls [$0.25]
Total folds this street: 2
Potsize: $1.25
Flop:
10♠ K♣ 9♦
Hero bets [$0.90]
BB calls [$0.90]
MP raises $1.10 to $2
1 players fold.
Hero calls [$1.10]
1 players folded.
Total folds this street: 2
Potsize: $6.15
Turn:
10♣
Hero: checks
MP bets [$0.50]
1 players fold.
Hero calls [$0.50]
Potsize: $7.15
River:
2♣
Hero: checks
MP bets [$2]
Hero calls [$2] [ all-in ]

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any reads? That flop is sooooo wet that you can't c-bet it and certainly should lay this down to the reraise even if it is a minraise.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads? That flop is sooooo wet that you can't c-bet it and certainly should lay this down to the reraise even if it is a minraise.

How is it too wet to C-bet? I think a c-bet is a must here IMO, don't want to let gutshots and one pair hands catch up with a free card. If you were to check the flop and there was a bet not reraising and flatting would also be a mistake in my opinion. The object on the flop is to find out where your hand is at, flatting in a multiway pot doesnt accomplish that, and not c-betting doesn't accomplish that....Just the way I approach hands though.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why I asked about reads. Are these all calling stations that love to see flops? Are they spews that will raise bottom pair etc.? This flop smashes so many ranges that will float a SB raise. There will be times when a c-bet is needed but with no reads posted my default answer on this type of flop when in the SB w/ TPTK is to check here.

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... but with no reads posted my default answer on this type of flop when in the SB w/ TPTK is to check here.
and do what when they bet into you, and then again on later streets? it is not like you have missed entirely...

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
skip 5NL IMO, but it needs to be what your comfortable with:cool:

On a similar note... I'm at 3,800 for my roll right now and am trying to figure out when I should make the jump to 100NL. I was planning on once i hit 40 buy ins moving up, but then I started thinking im killing 50NL so hard I might as well just finish the month out there? Also don't want to move up to 100NL only to discover ive been on the biggest heater of my life and am not as good as my results have indicated. Any and all input welcomed.

Jump to 100NL as fast as you can. FR at that level is easier than 6max 50NL on FT imo. You will smash.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys help me with this hand.. Is this the right play? Need help hard for me to fold TPTK. Ty. Need advice badly.

Raise more preflop. These guys are your typical loose-passive, I wanna see a flop fishes, so make them pay. You can probably make this .40 or .50 and still get a couple of calls and since you're OOP taking down the money in the pot is fine too.

After this flop you HAVE to bet. You have TPTK but the board sucks and there are lots of worse hands that will call (pair+draw type hands). I also full pot the flop (and if your preflop bet was bigger it might well be all-in).

The turn also sucks because a lot of the pair+draw hands made trips. But you can't fold for .50 either. I actually probably just go ahead and put him in on the turn because he's only got $2 left, so you're never folding the river either.

As played you just have to call the river and hope he got there with KQ/KJ and not JT/QT.

Also why don't you have a full stack at the start of the hand? Turn on auto-top off.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I started playing max tables (up to 24 at 6-max) yesterday and stopped thinking so much, I'm up 12.5 buy-ins. Strange month so far -- up a lot, down a lot, and now up a lot again. It's certainly easier playing good cards than thinking about marginal situations to eke out a few extra bbs/100.

View attachment 22845

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sir, What is wet board? Can you explain further?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

A 'wet flop" can also be called a coordinated flop. Or one that has the potential to hook up with your opponents range. Or to say it even less obscurely a flop that has straight and flush potential.

People might be willing to draw on a wet flop.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

flop can be discribed in a few ways. I draw heavy flop such as JhTh9s(very likely to hit lots of hands) would be considered wet. where as a flop like 2h2s7c would be considered dry(unlike to hit most hands). there's a glossary of terms i think its a sticky in the learning poker thread. or you could search for it.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for clarification.

Anyway about my hand that time. I was thinking that I should really have fold that. Errr.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had first session where I was down more than 1 BI for the entire month of august :p I also realized 5 min before I quit playing that my HUD seating got pushed 1 to the left without me realizing so I had the wrong stats for who knows how long on the villains. Kept wondering how they showed up with the top of their ranges over and over:eek: Oh well -3 BI session out of the way.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 263$ now. Am I ready for 10NL? Anyway im multitabling 4tables. Or should I wait for 300$ before moving up to 10NL?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had first session where I was down more than 1 BI for the entire month of august :p I also realized 5 min before I quit playing that my HUD seating got pushed 1 to the left without me realizing so I had the wrong stats for who knows how long on the villains. Kept wondering how they showed up with the top of their ranges over and over:eek: Oh well -3 BI session out of the way.

mbn to have mega sick brags like this

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 263$ now. Am I ready for 10NL? Anyway im multitabling 4tables. Or should I wait for 300$ before moving up to 10NL?

I think you have plenty, 20 BI is probably more than enough at micro.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it enough for 4 tables? And im from 5NL. how tough is 10NL?

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number of tables doesn't matter for bankroll requirements, as long as you can still play well. Personally, I prefer having 100 buy ins.

10nl is a little bit tougher than 5nl, but not a whole lot tougher.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I think # of tables really only makes a difference in BRM if you have so much on the tables that you could find yourself in a situation where you become underrolled during a session after losing several/many buyins...or maybe if you are playing so many tables that it really limits your winrate to almost breakeven, as you would be prone to greater swings and would want more buyins to protect yourself.