**** April's Micro MTT Thread ****

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well one FT im out 6th when my Ak loses to 88, then AQ loses to Q 10 :( 6th for 36$ and still in the other FT :)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so far 3 180 mans, 2 4.40$ and 1, 11$

4.40$: 6th place for 36$

4.40$: 2nd for 144$

11$: still playing 12/19 1 form ITM

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take the $11 down or ur not getting any respect from me..

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so nice out today, and when it is nice it makes me feel better, hence making me even more motivated to play every single micro mtt in stars lobby this evening and win them all. I have class till 5, and then I'll be taking the dog and baby for a walk...but after that MTT ownage!!!!!

BTW does anyone have suggestions for what type of vid I should make? Or should I just do a the whole MTT and split it up into different parts?

Also I remember in the first Micro Cash Game Thread they all were assigned articles to write, each about different strategy's or information. I think we can make this thread very valuable since it could be used for research and information for anyone to comeback to.

Here are some Ideas so far:

-Rebuys
-Turbos
-Deep Stacked
-Bet Sizing
-odds
-Tilt/Mind Frame
-Note Taking/Focus
-Playing to win(Not Min Cash) Reasoning and so forth
-Stealing/Aggression
-BRM(Bank Roll Management)
-Small Ball(Negreanu's Strategy)
-Beginners Strategy

We don;t have to do all these but maybe some in depth ones could be awesome. Any more suggestions to the list would be cool too :)

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like the whole MTT divided into parts personally.

And yea I hear you about today! I am going to walk the dogs, run some errands and come back and hit some games.

Final table for me very soon!!!

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think i'm going to start playing the odd mtt again now that this threads running, playing strictly cash atm but it doesn't hurt to have a night of something different now and then does it.

Got a roll of $375 at the minute, what stakes should i be playing to keep in good brm rules?? Used to play a lot of mtt's when i first started so exp isn't an issue, just might take me a bit of practice to get used to the play again lol

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think i'm going to start playing the odd mtt again now that this threads running, playing strictly cash atm but it doesn't hurt to have a night of something different now and then does it.

Got a roll of $375 at the minute, what stakes should i be playing to keep in good brm rules?? Used to play a lot of mtt's when i first started so exp isn't an issue, just might take me a bit of practice to get used to the play again lol

For MTTs BRM is usually 1-2% of your roll, for beginner's i say 1% so about 3.75$ and down for your roll, but if you are confident and feel like you can beat the limit, then 2% or 7.50$....

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers, i thought it was 2% from when i read about brm way back lol but wasn't entirely sure, i think i'll stick to the 3.75's then b/c my roll is mainly for cash at the min so i dont want to waste it by playing out of my depth in the mtt's i'll be playing lol, there was me thinking i could afford the daily 30k tonight @ $11 :D not for a while yet lol

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheers, i thought it was 2% from when i read about brm way back lol but wasn't entirely sure, i think i'll stick to the 3.75's then b/c my roll is mainly for cash at the min so i dont want to waste it by playing out of my depth in the mtt's i'll be playing lol, there was me thinking i could afford the daily 30k tonight @ $11 :D not for a while yet lol

Technically it is 2% but a lot of pros highly recommend being a nit since mtts have a ridiculous amount of variance. gl to you :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY, i was thinking of playing the $2.20 $3k guaranteed tonight, open up 2 tables of 6max 10nl at the same time, make back my 2.20 and i'll be freerolling :D then i get to brush up on my mtt game at no expense to the br! foolproof imo

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I'm BR busto, I'm currently playing FPP freerolls and satellite freerolls on stars to try and improve my MTT game. I made a pretty decent run in a HORSE satellite finishing in 1485/8000. Not a great finish, but not bad considering I really don't play much of anthing else except NLHE and wanted to give HORSE MTTs a try.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I'm BR busto, I'm currently playing FPP freerolls and satellite freerolls on stars to try and improve my MTT game. I made a pretty decent run in a HORSE satellite finishing in 1485/8000. Not a great finish, but not bad considering I really don't play much of anthing else except NLHE and wanted to give HORSE MTTs a try.

IMO, you should play the CC freerolls, mainly on FT on tues. and sat. first place is around 50$ and the field is low....easy way to get your BR going plus if you dont like FT as someone to trade for PS :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should know that apart from one or two, no one actually made those articles in the micro cash thread :eek:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Off to a good start! I know the results are posted and I don't really care - but feedback on my shove is appreciated - should I have just re-raised or was it shove time?

pokerstars Game #26903751595: Tournament #153492855, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (25/50) - 2009/04/09 14:32:58 ET
Table '153492855 318' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: sugar_kane_1 (3020 in chips)
Seat 2: Haikana (2605 in chips)
Seat 3: dakota-xx (2995 in chips)
Seat 4: DoctorJack21 (2645 in chips)
Seat 5: Pofiux (4715 in chips)
Seat 6: col-river (2325 in chips)
Seat 7: Jnr1j (2990 in chips)
Seat 8: spatz99 (2785 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: Donny_boy45 (2920 in chips)
Jnr1j: posts small blind 25
spatz99: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dakota-xx [As Ah]
Donny_boy45: folds
sugar_kane_1: calls 50
Haikana: folds
dakota-xx: raises 100 to 150
DoctorJack21: folds
Pofiux: calls 150
col-river: folds
Jnr1j: raises 250 to 400
spatz99: folds
sugar_kane_1: calls 350
dakota-xx: raises 2595 to 2995 and is all-in
Pofiux: folds
Jnr1j: calls 2590 and is all-in
sugar_kane_1: folds
Uncalled bet (5) returned to dakota-xx
*** FLOP *** [8d 6h 3s]
*** TURN *** [8d 6h 3s] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [8d 6h 3s Qd] [5d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jnr1j: shows [Qs Ad] (a pair of Queens)
dakota-xx: shows [As Ah] (a pair of Aces)
dakota-xx collected 6580 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6580 | Rake 0
Board [8d 6h 3s Qd 5d]
Seat 1: sugar_kane_1 folded before Flop
Seat 2: Haikana folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: dakota-xx showed [As Ah] and won (6580) with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: DoctorJack21 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Pofiux folded before Flop
Seat 6: col-river (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Jnr1j (small blind) showed [Qs Ad] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 8: spatz99 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Donny_boy45 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep good job Dakota, you want to get it all in PF.

Especially with a 3-bet, then call.....
Althoguh in these 11$ the play can be good sometimes, so just know who your opponents are, if they are tight passive and 3-bet a lot maybe a different line, like 4-bet non shoving or flat calling and gettin him to bluff/c-bet flop is better. But I def. like to get it in PF here :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just entered the 2.20 $3k guaranteed 6max only 2k odd players left lol

Everyone on my table is completely over adjusting to 6max and calling down stupidly light so i just gotta sit tight and wait for the double up :D

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking of doing 2 out of the list i posted above...."Odds", since I don't know a whole lot about them, but enough(so I'll research a shit load), and stealing/aggression since it's one of my specialties(at least I think so lol)

EDIT: NVM about the odds article found a nice link to a really good forum, never heard of them though :D

https://www.cardschat.com/odds-for-dummies.php

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BTW, dakota I've been railing your mtt that you are playing now and think I have found a leak....Your stack is getting smaller and smaller and when I'm not watching I go back and look in the hand replayer what you did OTB and in CO situations....and you never steal :(

I think at this point you should start to open up your range OTB and on the CO pos only and atleast try to keep your stack at a nice level :p

Also what a lot of people don;t realize is that stealing helps in so many ways other tha taking blinds here and there. Once you do get a monster OTB and on the CO, many give you no credit and you usually get paid a lot more then you would if youd be tight..since many will know you have a good hand :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i've found my fav mtt already, this thing is FULL of people who have no idea how to play 6max, doing well, 112/607 remaining :D with a 19k stack, 13k average atm :D

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True about the stealing being important for metagame reasons. Only caveat would be that for certain stack sizes it can sometimes be inapropriate to steal unless you intend to get your whole stack in (which I guess isn't really a steal). Against decent opponents it is also easy for them to make a pretty decent assessment of their equity and risk when they reraise you. If they have a decent stack they also know they have a relatively small maximum liability.

For example you have 12-15BBs and QTo in th Cut off. If you raise to steal are you really calling a shove? If you are folding then for a start it doesn't really matter what your hole cards are, but more importantly assuming you raised to 3bbs if you are folding you now have 9-12bbs and are in push or fold mode.

Of course there are plenty of situations (villain, card and own image dependant) where it's appropriate to be stealing with a stack in the 12-15bb zone, but sometimes the stack size dicates that it's better to take your chance waiting for a better opportunity to double up basedon the strength of your hand and get back to relative comfort 24-30bbs than to risk entering the real danger territory of <10bbs because of a marginal steal when the best situation is moving to 15-18bbs and you are still in the same area stacksize.

Not disagreeing with your post KC as it's important but I see people forcing the issue in the mid-portion of tourney with stacks that don't allow it when perhaps the better % play is to be patient.

(talking to debi again due to excellent AA shove)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FFS For a while there i forgot why i hate mtt's, 2 hours of good play for this lol would've been in a nice position and got myself up to about 18th if he hadnt hit 1 of his 6 outs

poker stars, $2.20 Buy-in (150/300 blinds, 25 ante) NL Hold'em Tourney, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

CostaEduardo: 24,631 (82.1 bb)
frosty2801: 22,571 (75.2 bb)
tha rookiy: 17,527 (58.4 bb)
Flipoonet: 7,519 (25.1 bb)
Dizzebizz: 48,722 (162.4 bb)
peelieweeli: 18,510 (61.7 bb)

Pre-Flop: peelieweeli is BB with Q
diamond.gif
Q
heart.gif

CostaEduardo calls 300, frosty2801 calls 300, 2 folds, Dizzebizz completes, peelieweeli raises to 1,500, CostaEduardo calls 1,200, frosty2801 calls 1,200, Dizzebizz calls 1,200

Flop: (6,150) 3
diamond.gif
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(4 players)
Dizzebizz checks, peelieweeli bets 16,985 and is all-in, CostaEduardo calls 16,985, frosty2801 folds, Dizzebizz folds

Turn: (40,120) 5
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: (40,120) A
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
Results: 40,120 pot
peelieweeli showed Q
diamond.gif
Q
heart.gif
(two pairs, Queens and Fives) and lost (-18,510 net)
CostaEduardo showed 5
spade.gif
T
spade.gif
(a full house, Fives full of Threes) and won 40,120 (21,610 net)

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^that's why you should love MTTs :)

keep doing that and you'll win lots of money.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop: (6,150) 3
diamond.gif
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(4 players)
Dizzebizz checks, peelieweeli bets 16,985 and is all-in
mmm, why?u got it in good but i cant see how u get value from ur hand if u do this