eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yea. In a cash game I look for another table, because I like a more laid back game. In a tournament, you have no choice but to hope someone takes this person out or get moved to another table. I remember also in the past reminding myself that this typr of player almost always lasts at most 6 hands.

D

Dmutruu89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that it is not necessary to fold AA.since the probability of winning you a lot more.but the fact that it's a lottery that's right.I also try to avoid all-in pre-flop.but if you have a really strong hand you should play the lottery.it's worth it

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If your opponent has two red Aces and the flop is all red, it's not a flush yet. Even though the flop would be all hearts or all diamonds, your opponent still needs one more card. I also don't believe that red cards would have any better chances of flopping something good than black cards. How would that be true?

Agree here! There are 26 black cards and 26 red cards in the deck. How is it possible to explain from the view of mathematics the beter chance of flopping? It is definitely 50/50. It is nonsense at all, to be honest. That kind of statement is the same as the statement that 6 has less chance to be thrown on dices than 1 or 2.

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a few irrationally aggressive players around.

The play the pre-flop like it is a lottery.

All-in every hand.

I am a cautious player so far so I always fold.

I have folded pocket aces and jacks which is frustrating but I prefer to play poker than play the lottery.

My question is what are the actual odds of winning heads up against another player when you have a top pair (obviously the odds will vary for each top pair)

Couldn't find the answer on google.

If someone is going All-in a lot and I get pocket Aces I'm calling.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No warranty

There's no warranty to win, even with AA or AK even when on the flop, I played live poker with my son had AK and tha flop was AK3 there was no chance for him to win wo I went all-in, he paid and got 2 3's more, he had 38 hand so he won with a 3 poker, LIVE! clean cards, People going all in all the time hae more chances to loose than to win, probably they'll win a couple but at the end will get nothing.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is true there are many lottery players but having good preflop cards will continue to do the same ... but if many players go to the play I just think that you should go with QQ KK AA in my opinion

M

mojorising

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree here! There are 26 black cards and 26 red cards in the deck. How is it possible to explain from the view of mathematics the beter chance of flopping? It is definitely 50/50. It is nonsense at all, to be honest. That kind of statement is the same as the statement that 6 has less chance to be thrown on dices than 1 or 2.

I think the guy who said red has more chance of flopping was making a joke.

At least that was what I assumed :)

Giancarlos

Giancarlos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in AA preflop is much better than going all in every hand :)

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the guy who said red has more chance of flopping was making a joke.

At least that was what I assumed :)

I sincerely hope so. :)

He couldn't be serious.

Anyway, I had to write what I have written.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hahaha... I wanna play against that players ever, the easier game that exist is when players go all in pre flop frequently.
What does hands he goes all in? 22+, A2+, K2s+, KT+, QTs+, JTs+ ? Then you can call, in my opinion with 99+, A9+, KQ+.
If he really goes all in with all hands, you can call with 77+, A8+,JT+,QT+
Remember, if your hand is not a monster pair, this calls can means a big variance in your results, independent of results, be concient and allows the results about risk you decided to take. Study the results.

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahaha... I wanna play against that players ever, the easier game that exist is when players go all in pre flop frequently.
What does hands he goes all in? 22+, A2+, K2s+, KT+, QTs+, JTs+ ? Then you can call, in my opinion with 99+, A9+, KQ+.
If he really goes all in with all hands, you can call with 77+, A8+,JT+,QT+
Remember, if your hand is not a monster pair, this calls can means a big variance in your results, independent of results, be concient and allows the results about risk you decided to take. Study the results.

Just have played Elementary tournament in poker stars. I have got TT with around $9K stack on the button, aggressive player with $30K stack went All-In with 9Ao on SB position. Everything seemed to be fine untill Ace came on the River street.
I call such All-In's a lot of times and such lucky bustards like we're talking about, got their A's, Q's, etc on the river pretty often. That is why I wouldn't be so sure about calling it. Just to play Bingo and be thrown out in the middle of tournament because of bad luck is not the result we all looking for playing MTTs. So in my point of view there should be no calls until at least KK or AA come as hole cards. But I can be wrong, however. So, dear community, please continue write your thoughts on that. It is really important topic to discuss.
Good luck at the tables to everyone!

D

Dmutruu89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all preflop raises only a fool. it is very likely to lose everything and finish the tournament.shouldn't be the provocation of such people.they still did not achieve this style of play

M

mojorising

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My pre-flop shove nerve was tested again tonight.

pocket 55

UTG shoves
UTG +1 calls for a big pot
I call
Hit a set on the flop 555
UTG+1 (big stack) bets the same again on the turn
I call
Quads 5555 on the river

I go all in and clean up

I have lost my fear of shoving pre-flop

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My pre-flop shove nerve was tested again tonight.

pocket 55

UTG shoves
UTG +1 calls for a big pot
I call
Hit a set on the flop 555
UTG+1 (big stack) bets the same again on the turn
I call
Quads 5555 on the river

I go all in and clean up

I have lost my fear of shoving pre-flop

Nice hand, bro! Hope you realize that there is a quite small probability of catching quads like yours. 4% approximately for a quad and 8% for a set.

But what I can agree with is that calling and trying to see flop with poket pairs is a good decision.

Anyway, you've catched a monster, so accept my congratulations! :)

A

Augustus Ceasar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My situation was really devastating with my KK.

It was a bubble of MTT and SB/BB was 500/1000 already.

I was at BB position, and after everybody fold except one oponent who called BB, I've made a raise 2XBB. The oponent calls. One more K appears on the flop. I made raise a 2POTs and oponent replied with call.

At the very end of this story this crazy bustard catched straight with KQT98.

So you never know when you win and when you lose.