Never bluff allin ;)
But you can put your opponent allin. That creates pressure

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used that logic yesterday when I had a 5:1 chip lead on my opponent thinking if he had the flush draw or the straight draw he missed, I could shove/bluff and wouldn't have to show my garbage hand. He snap called KK on like a 10 high board when there was no bet preflop, a 1/2 pot bet on the flop by me, checks on the turn and another check by him on the river. Not the first time or last time this will happen to me, although more common at higher stakes. But I was still shocked at the line he took that only worked with me being stupid enough to shove. I check, he wins a min pot and doesn't see my hand.

I said when you are sure your opponent doesn't have anything. :p If you played with the dude before and you know he is passive player you can bluff him, but if you play against a good player, than you mustn't bluff all in, or bluff at all

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said when you are sure your opponent doesn't have anything. :p If you played with the dude before and you know he is passive player you can bluff him, but if you play against a good player, than you mustn't bluff all in, or bluff at all

The best hand he had shown in an hour was 68s. I never expected him to play KK that way.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
When you do bluff you need be aggresive.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff working to noob players

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing all in is not good option butif yo need to take a hand sometimes you go but depeandsof players...

N

nafanyalg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody !

Show you how to deal with players who are often on the preflop play very boldly?
Take risks and play? Or, wait for a good hand?

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited by a moderator:
C

catalin alexandrov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you sou crazy, its nice bluff!

J

Joseph Havelka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely bluff all in. Only when everyone is around 20-30bb is when I tend to do it more often.

Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should bluff all in only when you invested enough money in that hand to be worth to do so(otherwise you have no credibility).
And also be concerned about your opponent. How often does he fold/is he tight or is he loose. You should also have position.

You don't want to be busted by a fish with a bad hand. :)

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no answer for this question. It all depends on which player you are playing, your position, your hand, what kind of tournament etc.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
yep, that's your 50-50 chance
and depends of the tournament, if you go all in in freeroll, you will be probably called all the time

R

roberto845

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why

why would you go all in to bluff? its easy to get called

Malkav

Malkav

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bluff all-in but in lower buy-in MTT I feel the best way to do it is with someone you have covered on the river.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to do this I would say make sure it is against just one player not multiple - too many chances someone would call. I also think you have a better chance if you have position and your opponent checks the flop usually meaning they missed then you go all in. They are more likely to fold hands like A K if they miss the flop than before the flop.

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few basic situations where an all-in bet makes perfect sense:
You’re confident you’ve got the best hand and you know you’re going to be called. You’re pretty sure your opponent is one card short of a winning hand (on a draw) and moving all-in will stop him getting the card he needs. You haven’t got many chips left and need to go all-in just to stay in the game – but the odds say it’s the right thing to do. It’s also fair to say that if you’re ever thinking of making a bet for more than half your chips, you should just move your entire stack forward. That’s the all-in for you. When it works, there’s no better feeling in the entire poker universe. But you need to use it sparingly and for very, very good reasons.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a few basic situations where an all-in bet makes perfect sense:
You’re confident you’ve got the best hand and you know you’re going to be called. You’re pretty sure your opponent is one card short of a winning hand (on a draw) and moving all-in will stop him getting the card he needs. You haven’t got many chips left and need to go all-in just to stay in the game – but the odds say it’s the right thing to do. It’s also fair to say that if you’re ever thinking of making a bet for more than half your chips, you should just move your entire stack forward. That’s the all-in for you. When it works, there’s no better feeling in the entire poker universe. But you need to use it sparingly and for very, very good reasons.

I agree with this. I think the only time to bluff all in is when your oppenent has a better hand than you, but there are a lot of better hands that can beat him. but he's not going to fold to any bet of half your stack or less and is only folding to a bet for more than half your stack. then you bluff all in because it adds more pressure than bluffing with 3/4 of your stack and if he calls youre going to be crippled anyway. otherwise if you have enough chips where he is going to fold to a bet for less than half your stack, there is no need to risk all your chips when you can get the same result for a fraction of your chips

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are times that bluffing all-in may be the only option. If you're low stacked and you need the maximum fold equity against another low stack. If you're representing a certain hand and you know that an all-in would be the only logical move for that hand. If you have a good understanding of who you're playing against, and feel confident that an all-in would be the only way to get your opponent off this hand. Pushing all-in as a bluff is a very powerful move with the best fold equity and it's a weapon that should be used sparingly. But it's a weapon we all need to have ready to use.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Understanding how to make a bluff you will learn with time. I'm 5 years old, but she really never learned to do it. Maybe it just seems to me? It is better not to bluff at all. If you do raise with premium cards you can make a bet on the flop extended and all.

S

spitzy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an impossible question to ask, a good player will check what you've been doing throughout the game and guess what you're sitting on depending on if you've been checking, raising or what you've been doing. On fishes it's usually very easy to tell if they're bluffing if they just move all in on river card when it's a dumb card with no synergy to the rest of the cards, it's very situational and you wanna make it seem like you've hit something really good or overall have a better hand than the rest of the players, you can't just move all in and hope for the best, this is gonna drain you.

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all in bluff it is best to try on the turn if you have a certain value at showdown but at the moment you feel you are behind

G

Gektor610

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you say the crossings are this poker if you know what rivals blefuet put Olin I do that even if you want to watch following card may pay in full and don't be afraid to fly sooner or later it will come back.
Good luck

But if you're scared to open the bluff then don't play.

Last edited by a moderator: