All-in Bluff

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing all in does work sometimes.It's got to be believable.I wouldn't recommend it,but I have done it before and I am sure it has been done to me before also.Yes I have gotten caught and yes I have won.You do not want to try this against a calling station.I seen Gus Hansen do this with 4 diamonds or hearts on the community cards.He pushed all in on the river and took the pot with nothing in his hands.You would think it being Gus Hansen going all in it could be anything because he plays so aggressive.But how could you call him unless you had the flush?I know I couldn't call him with just the highest card or a pair and no flush to back me up.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for the main part, over-betting especially all-in should be a trap because it implies you don't want action. It will only work if you know your opponent literally is playing with something like a high card when there aren't a bunch of pairs on the board or if you are playing against somebody you think is experienced and believes your trying to trap them (which would be an advanced read on your part to decide when you're in that situation).

The rest of the advice on here is great. It's not a great move.

P

Petycash

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't do it unless you have an excellent read on your opponent -- know they don't have the nuts

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nowadays, it's too rare to bluff all-in..too many limpers and slow rollers..

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
72os is a terrific hand btw lol

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely bluff all in unless I am sure I will induce a fold.

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me best bluf is allin but also risk is so big.Bluff allin must be carefully calculated. You must be sure that player have a small hand. You should bluff all in against plauers who have less chips than you, for them is so hard to call becose he wil be knockedout if lose. Advice no bluff against plauyers who have a better stack than you. When you want to bluff allin you must be sure. Many of us have some psyhical barrier with this bluff. In live tournament bluffallin is so risk move becose many players are nervous and some good poker players can red your bluff. In online poker bluffallin is easier. I hope l will help you this is my opinion and advices for bluffallin.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can bluff AI preflop, but you really need to know your opponents, their stacks, style of game and be afraid with the short stacks.

T

Tomioto3095

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing to do if you are bluffing is not shoving, because this can take you out of the tournament.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Shoving as a bluff can be done but the one that does it needs to be extra carefull and take into consideration either live or online a lot of paramatres such as the play style of the villain , their stack size ( it has to be large in preflop aggression to succeed , the small stacks cal more often because they are desperate to double up) , the position on the table, what kind of tournament it is , if we were caught up bluffing before on this table by the other players ,etc.

We have to think about our hole cards and their postflop bluf or semibluf perspective , backing it up with carefully well thought preflop bets ,making postflop large continuation bets if the flop helps us and we keep pressing our foe with bets untill he folds .If he raises , a sign that until now he has been slow playing or now he made his hand , we fold .
I prefer semi bluf and bluf on heads up which is much more easy to make .

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont really like this kind of bluffs...but them will work with beginners and fish tight. dont become a usuall move :D

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we are not the first minute of the game and my opponents see that I play not with a simple map, then can make an aggressive attack. I sometimes bluffing so.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In spin&go best way to go all-in is in the next deal after somebody's check in. In 90% cases this method works.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Next time KJoff wont hold for you

72os is a terrific hand btw lol

You would like that hand. You seem to like all marginal hands, and like to jam with them for no reason. Like what you just did to my 10's with kjoff. Or how you jammed with q6suit, or any of the other quality plays you just made in the ten minutes I sat with you in the freeroll.

HE jammed with the KJoff, by the way. I was the caller. I would do it again, all day, because this guy loves to shove with mediocre at best. FYI

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have some problems with this move.. (all-in bluff in the flop/turn/river and re-raise preflop) someone can helpme with that?
Don't do taht against people who know you too well :flute:

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to mix a few bluffs in your game or else the other players are only calling you in the river if they have you beat. You might use an all in bet to bluff, but it has to make sense. If the pot is, like, 2k chips and you go all in in the river for 50k chips it's a really stupid move and makes no sense at all. If the pot is really big and you feel it's time to bluff but your pot-sized bet is close to your whole stack, just shove.

The most important thing is making sure your shove is believable. The way you played has to make sense as if you actually had the hand you're representing. Also, you shouldn't do this often. Hardly ever, really.

Also, for the people saying that you should never do that, a lot of pros do it and get away with it. At this year's wsop Main Event, in the heads-up phase, the runner-up moved all in with a complete bluff at the river and the champion, despite thinking about calling for a long time, ended up folding the best hand.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a pretty rare spot, especially at the microstakes. You need to be aware of your opponent. I would tend to try this when you are already shorter stacked in a tournament. And this doesn't mean shove with any two cards. You can include some marginal hands that are probably slightly worse than the open raise's hand and get them to fold pre. Again, it really depends on the opponent, and you don't want to be doing this very often at all.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that no player likes to see that he has lost, and that folding on the river having lied in the rest of the hands played is a way of showing weakness and that we have not linked anything to strengthen our hands. The best thing to do would be to check or fold, but it is very difficult to perform even if it seems easy. That is why we prefer to go all in thinking that the villain is going to fold. regards

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u bluff with all in , it s like playing bingo . You put yourself in a a big risk , and it s very normal to lose , because if u play again the same opponent, they will note you , and will always know your bluffing. There isn’t only one method to bluff ( all in ) , there are many good effective ones .try learning and reading before playing real money . Good luck

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have some problems with this move.. (all-in bluff on the flop/turn/river and re-raise preflop).

Can someone can help me with that?
If your waiting for someone to give you a good reason to do it, don't hold your breath. It's a bad move. Trapping is a part of poker and all-in bluffs play right onto that. As a rule don't bluff with more than you can handle to loose.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in the exactly perfect situation when you know your opponent is weak. I found in general it's a bad move especially in low limit of freerolls.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I'd make an all in bluff is if I had to catch a bus. OR if every player left was so short stacked that their game depended on not losing and losing their stack size made no difference to me.

T

ty taylor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some problems with this move.. (all-in bluff on the flop/turn/river and re-raise preflop).

Can someone can help me with that?

i lose a lot of hands and win a lot of hands with the all in bluff. i feel a bluff has to be won anyway to win. always by betting of course. it is very difficult to call a huge bluff. most people will be folding top pair, over pairs and maybe small two pairs. when bluffing of course pay attention more to the board than the player. you can bluff draws that hit... which is the best to push all in when a draw hits on the turn or river after a call.