All in?

F

FlyingFitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK for me

I normally (roughly 7 out of 10 times) get shafted on AA when I get it - getting beaten by a straight or flush or another pocket pair that hits. However, KK for some reason seems to do me better. I have major issues about going all in on AA, but love to do it on KK. The worst for me is AK - I woudn't push anything anymore on that, loose way too many times with those cards.

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is the start of a tourney, and I had just about any mid to high pocket pair, I would go all in. Try to double up early, and then have chips to play with. If get busted, then havent wasted much time (just money unless it is a freeroll)

tulalukchuk

tulalukchuk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in is always a serious risk. Seen many all ins with 73, 92, 64 off suit and they win with 2 pair, trips, a str8 or even a flush. The cards are (supposed to be) random. Got caught many times raising pre flop with AKs and the flop is like 769 in the wrong suits. Been beat several times by 222 with pocket AA.
Keep calm and carry on!

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is the start of a tourney, and I had just about any mid to high pocket pair, I would go all in. Try to double up early, and then have chips to play with. If get busted, then havent wasted much time (just money unless it is a freeroll)

So you wait for a pocket pair for double up,what happen if you don't get that pair?

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, of course AA is a great hand for going all in, but is going all in at the beggining of the tournament a good idea at all? If you play a big tourney - Sunday Millions for example its not very smart to go all in pre flop at all because why risking to get busted in the very beggining when blinds are still 10/20 or 20/50

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the rate of growth of the blinds. In turbo tournaments fit the hands of JJ +, AK, AQo. In other tournaments, it's only AA. I do not like to risk the entire stack without first having studied his opponent. Therefore the beginning of tournaments usually play tight.

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,AQ,AJ With these cards always go all in .

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to dont go all in on preflop.Only if I have AA, but not every time. For what bet all in preflop especially with AJ, AT and someone throw you with 88)))))

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously cards like pcoket aces or kings but even if you have queens or jacks and the opponent has ak its a flip so.....

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA,KK,QQ,AK,in that situation I go all in on start....