All in?

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHen you go all in on start?when you have pair in hand,or collor ,or high cards?
What cards have the best chance for all in??

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make resarch in world,AA will get the most votes for start all in.

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well obviously AA. But it is an interesting question, as is depends what range of cards would be appropriate to go all in with on the first hand of a poker match. Well of course, that would depend on the Speed, Starting Chips, Structure, Pay Structure and Buyin of the Tournament.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think you may want to google "nash push fold" to get a better feel for this

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well obviously AA. But it is an interesting question, as is depends what range of cards would be appropriate to go all in with on the first hand of a poker match. Well of course, that would depend on the Speed, Starting Chips, Structure, Pay Structure and Buyin of the Tournament.

I totally agree, but there is one thing you need to add. I have read many times before it is "How far do you want to go in the tourney?" - THIS IS A QUOTE FROM DAVID SKLANSKY

Imagine it is the 1st hand of the WSOP main event and the UTG player goes all-in, he gets a call by the CO and your in the BB with AA. Do you call? I would, but there are a lot of people who wouldn't. Note how many times in a freeroll that in the 1st hand, idiots go all-in with 10 7 suited, or KJ o/s. then the 10 7 wins the hand. How many suck-outs have you had against you or have you done? Lot's to consider!! Gl all............:D:D:D

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I totally agree, but there is one thing you need to add. I have read many times before it is "How far do you want to go in the tourney?" - THIS IS A QUOTE FROM DAVID SKLANSKY

Imagine it is the 1st hand of the WSOP main event and the UTG player goes all-in, he gets a call by the CO and your in the BB with AA. Do you call? I would, but there are a lot of people who wouldn't. Note how many times in a freeroll that in the 1st hand, idiots go all-in with 10 7 suited, or KJ o/s. then the 10 7 wins the hand. How many suck-outs have you had against you or have you done? Lot's to consider!! Gl all............:D:D:D

I agree, that is a very good point. Is te 4/5 chance of doubling up your stack worth it if you feel you have competitive advantage over your opponents post flop? Or a very good reading structure? Is it worth the risk given that only 1/7-9 people cash in most pay structures anyway? And if you're looking to Atleast min cash is that relevant?

Good Point! ;)

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

David Sklansky explain evrything. :D

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA or maybe KK but it depends on the tournament, if its a freeroll I usually play "bingo" like eveyone else with all sorts of cards

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well of course a pair of aces has the best chance of winning the all in however for example if 4 or 5 other player go all in then you aces will have less than 50% of chances of winning the hand. aces and kings are a very strong preflop hand however against 2 or 3 other all ins they lose lot of value but they are still the best hands you can have in holdem.

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only go all in with AA, KK or QQ in the beginning of the tournament if it's not a freeroll. If the buy-in is not that much, I might call all in with AK and AQ suited.. In freerolls my range is much wider including 88+ pairs and A10+.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At microstackes AA, KK ,AKs, at shorthanded tables and late postion AKo QQ+

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are several factors that influence a poker player going all in these situations ... a good player will rarely do this with AA or 27off then any response will fall short when you expect profitability

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not every time you have AA..AK..KK..QQ... you will win.......raise and see what your opponets do..

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA,KK also sometimes QQ, JJ but not 1010

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, KK, QQ and AK suited are the main hands which I'm happy to get all in pre flop. However, there are other factors to consider such as player styles. For instance, if you have AK suited and a really tight player opens, you 3-bet, and your opponent 4-bets, is your AK suited looking good? Not really. Another situation you want to consider is the 'bubble' in satellites. Say 10 players remain and 9 players get tickets to the Sunday Million, you're second in chips with a load of short stacks still in the field and you wake up with AA. The chip leader open-shoves, should you call? No. Your hand is not unbeatable and especially given the situation, you should fold. That's the only time I would ever fold AA.

AvaPoker13

AvaPoker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the course of the tournament, but in the beginning and means to prevent possible foolish deletions only with pocket aces.

I

igor vanillasky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never play all in with JJ anymore. it's 80% that you will loose.

AvaPoker13

AvaPoker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advise never go all in at first because if you have a great hand you bet everything will hardly be paid. When I leave with great hands, then early in tournaments, play 3/4, 1/2 game over to the middle and down the stretch but usually shoot everything.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker requires patience and skill

depending on the table, all-in is not a good move even with a premium ( AA KK QQ ) with a strong hand or you do not maximize gain, fold top players in some freerolls ( pokerstars ) many Russians go all-in with any hand too confusing game of chance , flees the strategic poker , dangerous all-in get out of the tournament in the early game, poker requires patience and skill

P

pokerman64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not just as simple as what cards, I mean it can be with AA or KK...but there is times the table dynamics, size of stacks, blinds, antes, player tendencies all of these play into how you play and that includes shoving. if your early with cards like AA KK or AK normally I'm doing my normal size raise, if I'm late and I have loose player behind it's a shove or big raise....again the big raise because of how I feel about the player behind, if I feel they wont call a shove ill big raise let them see a flop and then based on size of the pot, stack sizes, and board texture ill either shove or bet big again.