All in?

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole point of poker is to make money or increase your chips. Depending on the game and the amounts bet, the all in preflop strategy seldom works You are odds on to win of course, but you don't win much if you make everyone else fold. The satisfaction of having the better hand in a game where you were the only one to make a bet is temporary

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am never going to push all in with any hand the first hand of a tournament. I will call this with AA, KK, or possibly AK, QQ. I may open up more if I know I am against a player that plays this way all the time. But I certainly feel I can make more over the long run by playing the hand out rather than shoving.

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a freeroll I sometimes go All-in on my very first hand, playing the "bingo style" with all kinds of hands, and it happens all the time to win the pot with for ex. 73 against 4 oponnents with AA KK AK & AQ hitting a straight or flush or 3, and even 4 of a kind -right on the flop :D and all you can do is laugh :D
Of course you will never do that in a serious tournament, especially if its a freezout

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently with no made hands like AK AQ QK try not to go ALL in...

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many to consider if planning to go all in.

Not your cards only (strength) but consider factors like stack, posifion, players, etc.

Aside from shoving, you have option of entering post plays,

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The best are AA, AK, KK and AQ, AJ...it depends how you feel it!:)

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the initial stage of the tournament would be played all in with AA, KK, AK, QQ / in the advanced stage of the tournament when he was threatened with chips all in order to play with AJ; JJ; 10 10; A10

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA,KK,QQ, for pairs
AK,AQ,KQ,QJ same color if possible.
but i usually end up going all in QT... i have no idea why

A

Alexandre Koga

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go allin on Start Tournament WHEN ONLY have as famous Monster Hands "AA KK QQ AK " plan rest to see failure OR fold ...

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
it seems like any 2 cards in a freeroll is the new standard!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on tournament, but AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call an all in with AA, but wouldn't be the one to shove first, as most players would be scared off and fold. I would make a small raise and hope that a fish will raise it up and then I can shove.

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the cost of the tournament if it is important for me in the initial stage to pass even the AA.

B

bizbakol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the best hand, but I sucked with it so many times, if you want to "risk" at the beginning, this is your choice. Even so I would go all-in or call a big raise.

M

monoskyx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA KK preflop all time
AK QQ JJ sometimes depending on my stack

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA , KK ,QQ , and go All in :D :D

and1tiger

and1tiger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you go all-in you depersonalize his hand, and therefore may be unprepared opponent's hand on hand to make the call. Try not to break up the bank to a large size, even with premium hands - it can cost you the tournament. With the strong play after the flop is better to force the opponent to make a mistake, and put the whole stack when even the prospects of his hand there, or almost gone.

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like someone said here, if it's bingo freeroll play I will go with TT+ and if there are more then one player involved then maybe even with 88+ so help me God I will hit set and win that big pot which will help me a lot for latter game. If I missed so what, other hand it will be KK for me and some loser will call my raise of 4bb with 73o and hit 4-5-6 on the flop. In my scenario you have chance like everyone else with JJ or QQ or AA to hit set and win big pot.

From other hand if I play some game for ticket, where you will find also losers who goes all-in with 73o, I will fold AA on the begging of game. Even in the middle of game I like to raise 4BB with AA and see if flop maybe made some sunrise for me like K-4-K where my AA doesn't have so big value anymore.

In the bubble I will go all-in without second of thinking what to do with such strong hand like AA, I pray that someone will call me.

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early phaze I'm go all in only with AA or KK... But it depends what is my position and what moves did other players on the table...

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all iN START WHEN i HAVE,kk AK,AQ,JJ,,only in that stution.....

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go all in only with top hands or nats

M

Manfromltu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only AA never call all in with KJ :D

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, on freeroll any 2 cards are allin cards on start, coz everybody wanna start with doubleupd stack.
Once i lost with AA on all 1st hand freeroll bankroll tour, guy with 44 hit the 4 on turn, so actually there is no good hand for all in.

THE ONLY GOOD HAND FOR ALL IN IS WHEN ALL 5 CARDS ARE ON BOARD AND YOU HAVE MONSTER :D

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, on freeroll any 2 cards are allin cards on start, coz everybody wanna start with doubleupd stack.
Once i lost with AA on all 1st hand freeroll bankroll tour, guy with 44 hit the 4 on turn, so actually there is no good hand for all in.

THE ONLY GOOD HAND FOR ALL IN IS WHEN ALL 5 CARDS ARE ON BOARD AND YOU HAVE MONSTER :D

Agree with you :D