Your weakness in poker?

F

fysx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, lack of patience is what gets me too. Been grinding a lot of freerolls for now, should probably invest a bit and try out micro stake tournaments to make things more interesting

I

ionicapetrica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA Hand!
losing each time with the hand.

pkrale

pkrale

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lack of patience is a serious problem for me. I get bored very quickly, definitelly need to work on that. Any advice on how to be more patient?

C

Corteezy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Overplaying ace rag and suited connectors are a weakness of mine.. Just love them too much at timesss..

C

Corteezy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Betonline tests my patience with its heavy flow of bad beats and close calls tho........

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lack of patience is a serious problem for me. I get bored very quickly, definitelly need to work on that. Any advice on how to be more patient?

Patience is something that has to be worked on every day. I'm like you, I get bored real quick, more so playing a MTT that takes 7 hours to even get ITM. For that, I just stopped playing them. Sometimes when I'm playing one table, I will open up facebook and look around there some. Do you listen to music while you play? I do and when my songs come on I crank it up and act like a 10 year old since nobody can see me. LOL How much do you play? Sometimes, when I play 6 hours a day for a few days, I'll get bored like that too and start making "I don't care bets". I've sure lost my patience when that happens. So hope that helps a little. GL to you

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My weakness is lack of attention. That's why I make mistakes.. Now I'm trying to improve myself in this component. I have found some exercises and a good program - leak buster. It analyzes my game, finds mistakes and helps to prevent them in future.

I have the same problem.... when i play for more than 6 hours straight, its hard to concentrate. im trying to fix it by practicing with ace poker drills.
still not there yet, but i think its helping.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful has no weaknesses lol

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My weakness starts when I first sign in, and it goes downhill from there :(

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably say mine is giving people too much credit in hands. Then again it seems more times than not, when I don't give them credit and call, they have it! Sigh. :icon_blac :icon_blac

D

diserg1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every poker player has weaknesses,
responds aggressively to provocative bet.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and bankroll management but I work on it and in the future there need be all alright with that.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sometimes I run out of time and I must leave the game!

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been know for making some really great calls. And I've also been known to make more than one incredible lay down. My weakness though, is in not being able to conceive of some of the hands that a bad player will not only play, but will call raises with, or the horrible calls they will make to chase improbable draws.

For instance, I'm holding K-K, looking at a J-3-K-7-5 board. I just can't imagine that my opponent could be holding 4-6 here. Not after I opened for 5x behind two limpers, making it 1000 to go pre-flop. I just can't conceive of someone that doesn't have a chip invested in the pot yet making that call with 4-6. Again, I can't see how someone calls 2000 with 4-6 after a K-J-3 flop. I just can't conceive it. When the guy is still there on the turn, I put him on something like a set of 3s or something like A-Q or Q-10. When a 5 falls on the river, I'm not even worried, even though I realize that card makes a straight for 4-6. I could see them holding 4-6 there if I had limped in or min raised, or tried to get tricky and checked on the flop. But this guy was calling off good sized bets with baby cards, with no pair and no draw on the flop. I just couldn't imagine doing that. To me it was just inconceivable.

But that's how I lose the biggest pots, when someone turns over a hand that I just can't conceive of.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I play poker tired and when I get close to good places, I kinda give it up cos I want to sleep so bad...so now I try to play more turbo tourneys because of this.

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I play poker tired and when I get close to good places, I kinda give it up cos I want to sleep so bad...so now I try to play more turbo tourneys because of this.

I've never experienced it , lol . When in the beginning of the tournament I get tired , half asleep . Now when coming to ITM or coming into positions that pay better I lose my sleep and I encourage all further in the game.

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been know for making some really great calls. And I've also been known to make more than one incredible lay down. My weakness though, is in not being able to conceive of some of the hands that a bad player will not only play, but will call raises with, or the horrible calls they will make to chase improbable draws.

For instance, I'm holding K-K, looking at a J-3-K-7-5 board. I just can't imagine that my opponent could be holding 4-6 here. Not after I opened for 5x behind two limpers, making it 1000 to go pre-flop. I just can't conceive of someone that doesn't have a chip invested in the pot yet making that call with 4-6. Again, I can't see how someone calls 2000 with 4-6 after a K-J-3 flop. I just can't conceive it. When the guy is still there on the turn, I put him on something like a set of 3s or something like A-Q or Q-10. When a 5 falls on the river, I'm not even worried, even though I realize that card makes a straight for 4-6. I could see them holding 4-6 there if I had limped in or min raised, or tried to get tricky and checked on the flop. But this guy was calling off good sized bets with baby cards, with no pair and no draw on the flop. I just couldn't imagine doing that. To me it was just inconceivable.

But that's how I lose the biggest pots, when someone turns over a hand that I just can't conceive of.

Unfortunately there people like that in poker, playing through good luck rather than probabilities . Bad beats happen all the time, unfortunately it got you this time . But it turns out , lifts his head and part pro next game. GL

MaksAnonim

MaksAnonim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no patience, especially in tournaments, am tired at the end of a tournament and I start risking.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lack of patience! for sure... but working on it.. hope to get better soon!

and is a good thing to see that i'm not the only one with that problem hahah

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The weakness of most players is mental , the contanste patience in the game cost much to spend hours looking at the computer or on a table , in my every day is costing me less , it's just a matter of getting used to and psych

Excuse my translation , I do not understand the English