infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My family respects everything I do, including my passion for poker. My family always supports me.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody supports me in poker or approves of me. But as a last resort, at least they don't interfere and speak negatively about my hobby.
On the other hand, I don't bother everyone with my passion for poker. And also I never ask for approval of my actions in life.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the profit, but seriously, poker kills a lot of time that you devote to this game

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my family, ia don't support me in poker

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of the biggest challenges facing most poker players. Even more so if you have conservative parents. My father is a false Christian moralist who criticizes me for gambling more and asks me for money. My mother always says something negative, I still know that someday I will get good money to shut up.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My wife has always supported me. Even more why I play online at home. It is much better for me at home playing poker than playing football or drinking at a bar. Furthermore, I manage my money responsibly so that Poker does not compromise our finances. I recently won a daily CardsChat freeroll on PS. She watched beside me during the final table and vibrated with me. It was very cool.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They don't have a problem with me playing poker because they know I do it responsibly and I don't even play every day. In particular, I can only play a few tournaments a week in the evening, so I don't affect the time allotted to the family.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family is completely indifferent to my passion for poker. It is possible that this will be so long as it does not have a negative impact on them.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way back when i only start playing poker i lived with parents and they were skeptical about my hobby, now my family is supporting me.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are SDA, so gambling is verboten.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife has always been supportive as long as I keep a proper balance with family.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For it when winning and against it when losing. ;)

I've tried a few times to explain to them how poker is different from slot machines or gambling against the house in table games (because better players can keep the odds in their favor over the long-term), but they either don't believe me or don't understand.

That's okay though - I understand it enough for them too. :D

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

When I started I didn’t have as much “fashion” as I do now. Then there was still great opposition. But when they saw that it wasn’t all about luck, they no longer thought of poker as a game of chance. So they are already waiting for me to tell them more and more hands.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family only hates internet poker, because they think, like everything on the internet, its a scam. Some days that RnG gets me thinking they may be onto something though.... :p

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is often not celebrated by other members in your family. Actually it makes a lot of sense since you will be or are spending every free hour available playing or studying the game of poker.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family dosent like it but its your life you do what makes you happy but be responsible.

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife hates that I play poker. Until I come home with 2000.00 or more. Then she says its ok for me to play poker yadda yadda yadda. My kiddos love it, because they see that it makes me happy. They even text me when I'm playing and ask me how I am doing. My son even asks me if I'm up or down and has told me to even cash out at times lol.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My family hate Poker with a passion. I once told my Brother in law that I came 2nd in a big tourney and he said "so you lost" and I said "no I came 2nd"
"so you lost" he said.
I said "no I came 2nd and WON! £200"
"Oh! so it was an each-way poker game"
He is a big Gambler on the horse's and this he understood.

R

roguelikeme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My partner is incredibly encouraging, not spoken to my family for 1-4 years depending on who exactly, but probably not.

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Family Is the reason i started playing poker,. They use to play on this site called poker.com so i joined in and have been hooked ever since. Over 10 years ago.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family doesn't like me to play poker. You think I'm vicious and addicted to gambling. But it is not like that, because I consider it a healthy hobby. It would be worse to be in the bars getting drunk or wasting money on easy girls. I am calm, at home, trying to figure out if I should raise that bet, or if I should fold. For me it is more like chess. And actually, I have no money to waste, not in poker, not in any other more damaging vice.:cool::cool:

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend was suspicious of me early on when I started playing poker. She though I had gambling problem but when we discussed about the laws of poker and that it takes more skill rather than luck to be good she quickly understood my point. Now she is really supportive towards my hobby!

HolePairs

HolePairs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know my wife didn't like me gone playing live games years ago and grinding until early AM hours. Since COVID I have returned to online play. I made 2 x 50 deposits in early april and have built it up to 1100. So for my wife as long as we are not funding it she is ok with it. But it has opened a few unexpected doors for me. I now stream my online play.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! In my family first and last word for me: main in this, that a last word for me.:secruity:
Therefore no any problems. :cool: That's all! And Good Luck Everybody!;):)