Are you one of the people who bluffs?

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bluff sparingly. You do need to however repent strength at latter stages of a tournament, for example at a final table. When you play and see other players at the final deep stages of a tournament you can bet that half the time they do not have the hands they represent. This is the game really. Early doors in a tournament bluffs are less likely to be a good strategy.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it has to be a part of your skill set or you are not going to win pots.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff too much and i tend to put too much in the pot when i do it

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
bluffing is part of the game but with limits, I do bluff many times but with the right person , hand and time.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I hate when they do that to me

View attachment 351193
I bluff and I think everyone who plays poker bluffs too, whether they want to or not, although there are some who apply this strategy many times and end up being players who lose a lot, and certainly everyone also hates being bluffed, since many times our hand is the favorite to win, but this is what makes poker what it is, a game where everything happens and only the good ones survive.

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff very very rare, because I'm not agressive player and don't like to lose money on bad hand, but I wish I knew how to bluff better.

xliuksasx

xliuksasx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LT
Chips
It depends on the scenario, if you are in deep stack you can bluff, but If you are short on stack, it's difficult to bluff, you need to know your opponent before bluffing on short stack.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I do it very rarely, but it is something that I have to develop little by little, and of course applying a lot of logic.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an integral part of sound poker strategy.. one has to balance value bets with adequate bluffs..

alminoDZ

alminoDZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
How do you succeed in bluffing?
Know how to identify the range of your opponent's hands with more or less precision, have equity to improve your hand in case, shoot for the max or a very low color, know for sure that your opponent can throw... all this is part of a successful bluff but having a plan is still essential.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'll bluff sometime with air but rarely. I prefer semi-bluff when someone show weakness and I still can hit something good if we get to showdown.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its challenging to be a winning player and not have at least some sort of balance in their game.

If you only play good hands eventually players will recognize this and start doing what Prahlad Friedman recommended and "practice avoidance".

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I like to bluff against tight players, I find it a very positive action

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Sometimes I can bluff . , but like other skills, bluffing must be skillfully used and applied at the right moment.

kogam20590

kogam20590

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
KZ
Chips
Bluffing is best done by politicians and businessmen;)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You need to bluff to win consistently imo. If you're a nitty tight player who only play premiums and doesn't bluff, you'll rarely get paid off with big hands because players know if you show even a single ounce of aggression, you have at minimum the 2nd nuts. If you passively check down or check fold in pots where you don't smash the board, without giving any resistance or bluffing, you become easy to beat.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it's an important move in the game, but it's not good to bluff too often, eventually someone will pay.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Is part of poker, I bluff some times.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bluff... I miss that rag. I used to have a huge stack of them and game them to one of my work buddies back in the day. I wonder if they still exist online? Let me check... Hold on... Nope, just old units on eBay and such. They used to have a bunch of deposit bonus codes for new and older rooms. I think they helped the online poker boom in a small way. They used to cover Moorman, Dwan, Isuldur1 and the rest of the high-stakes onliners. Cool days.
Oh yeah, bluffing is an essential part of the game. If you don't or haven't go ahead, try it out. Keep exercising your position with "feeler" bets to find out where your villain is at and proceed accordingly... With a bluff if necessary. GL.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very little, I prefer to play good hands and catch players who think I'm bluffing.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Quite rare, mostly a quiet style of play. Bluffing isn't my thing.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I resort to bluffing to a minimum, because I just don’t understand where this is appropriate and where it is not. The only trick I use is a wide isolate on the BB with trash.