Are you one of the people who bluffs?

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I can bluff, but quite rarely, mostly a calm style of the game, and when I bluff, then for some reason it is very rarely folded

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hate when they do that to me

View attachment 351193
It all depends on my opponent. But, in general, yes, I bluff all the time. But players don't bluff against me, because I often call even with a small pair, even with ace-high on the river. That's why I'm often frustratingly eliminated from tournaments. :poop:

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
All experienced players must do it when they have the opportunity, it's part of the game and in some favorable circumstances it pays off, even good. It's normal that those affected feel frustrated, we all know it it's a good step forward by removing a few from the safe pot.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I bluff and get called sometimes, it gives me a better chance to get called when I have a real hand

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it is important to find some bluff spaces if you would come deep in a tourney. Some players especially with less experience are only playing the premium hands. Thats ok but with only playing the best hands its impossible to win a tourney or going deep. If you have some bluffs you generate important chips to not getting eaten by the blinds. Also if you mix your game you get more calls with premiumhands, if you had a nitty image you getting only some chips. But thats not enough, you must generat great potts. If you have not that skill you could not survive a phase in a tourney with bad cards. And in nearly every tourney you have such a phase. In those time you must try to steal some blinds with crap hands. Thats important to have chips deep in a tourney, then its counting every big blind.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I feel as though don't bluff often enough, working on it.

That red line is ugly.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
In the enf you have to pull the trigger sometimes

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes I bluff but most of the times I value bet thinking
I have the best hand and end up losing.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If you don't bluff people can just exploit you by folding all but their best hands.

Maybe you can be that unbalanced on the lowest stakes - but as soon as an observant player notices: You won't get called nearly as much as if you mix in bluffs.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I am one of those. Maybe I bluff even more than I should, especially playing at low limits.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I bluff very rarely. Mostly in situations if I have to much chips, so I can't go easily out of tournament.

KissMyAceZtUa

KissMyAceZtUa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm not so good at bluf but if I try I do it very cautiously

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You mean a poker player? Yes, I am a poker player.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
At micro/low stake cash tables very sparingly with the big bluffs as there's almost no need and you always get that 1 caller. You really have setup them up, have the right table image and pull them only against the decent players at micro/low stakes that are capable of folding marginal hands.

It's almost the same with micro stake MTT's only you need to bluff a bit more because of time restraints.

Cheers!!!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bluffing is an integral part of Poker, Sometimes it is the only way to win a hand, when you were drawing to a Full House or Flush only to miss it on the River but a possible straight shows up, Selling the story that you made the hand you were drawing to a straight all along has to be convincing, bet to little and they will call your bluff, Bet too big and you risk going broke, So it has to be convincing.
It is what makes the game so much Fun, and I have in some circumstances called a bet from a player when there was 4 suited cards on the table, and I didn't have any card of that suit, but I did have 2 pair, or 3 of a kind, The hard part is making the 2nd Nut Flush with a King in your hand and facing a re-raise of an All-in shove on the River knowing he has the Ace in his hand.
Folding the King Flush is painful but sometimes necessary to stay in the game.
I love live poker games because I can get a read on some Players, that makes these decisions easier, and there is nothing more satisfying than calling a player who is bluffing at you.