Are you an honest poker player?

Salamoto

Salamoto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi There!

You cant play poker and be honest by the way!

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The S&P 500 is just an index. I am talking about the development and the right priorities of the company. You need to have leadership qualities to understand this.

Wow. Well thank you for telling me I don't have leadership qualities...

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every time i try to bluff, i lose. i think this is because i d prefer to do all things right i my life. and this also affects the way i play poker also.

Very interesting.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be happy owning a good site that makes a decent income. If the public loses faith in poker because of sites it could cause a decline in players. But I think it would feel wrong scamming players. I would not want to profit of scamming others, even if you were not caught.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself honest and would never put my dignity at risk.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question of honesty behind online poker rooms remains unanswered!

I think the truth will come out sooner or later!

If you distrust the honesty of certain poker rooms, you can choose others.

Another option is to play live poker.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

If you had a chance to set up an online poker site that would make you thousands of dollars a week would you take it? So you can then change it to make you hundreds of thousands a week, would you do it? After a while you could change it to make you a million dollars a week but it wasn't quite honest but there was no chance of being caught. Would you do it? So online poker sites are owned by poker players that had the same questions put before them. WHAT DID THEY DO?
I believe they went for the million dollars a week. What are your thoughts?

Your thread's title and your message text are going in a totally different direction. Each deals with a subject.
As for the title, considering that bluffing is part of the essence of poker, I am an honest player, yes.
As for the text, find out how poker rooms monetize. There is no need to swaddle anything. How many millions of dollars circulate in a room with more than 100,000 players online? What percentage of rake? Your opinion about fralde in online poker rooms seems to me to be the outburst of a player who does not understand how he cannot win money in Poker. Perhaps, if you stop calling All-in with 99 in hand it will help make things better.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! Absolutely. Poker is one of the most democratic sport i've ever played in my entire life. And it will definitely push away those who don't care about playing it correctly and treating poker as way to step on others.

M

mottap14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you cannot be honest when playing poker. Bluffing is part of the game. I don’t bluff that often but sometimes you gotta take the advantage of it. ♠️♦️♣️♥️

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question itself is a joke. How can anyone be an honest poker player??

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had a chance to set up an online poker site that would make you thousands of dollars a week would you take it? So you can then change it to make you hundreds of thousands a week, would you do it? After a while you could change it to make you a million dollars a week but it wasn't quite honest but there was no chance of being caught. Would you do it? So online poker sites are owned by poker players that had the same questions put before them. WHAT DID THEY DO?

I believe they went for the million dollars a week. What are your thoughts?
Most people go for the money but a quote comes to mind what good is it if you gain the world but lose your sole in the process. If you can't make money and treat people fair your in the wrong buisness. Personally i would rather be broke with a clear concious on my death bed. Than be a millionair with shame and regret.:thumpdown

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are You An Honest Poker Player

Every time i try to bluff, i lose. i think this is because i d prefer to do all things right i my life. and this also affects the way i play poker also.

Very interesting.

Would you agree that everyone who comes to play at the Poker Table KNOWS there is bluffing in a poker game? You and the rest of us who play poker are not going in blind.

The playing field is level, so therefore bluffing is not lying. You are free to fold or call "knowing" this hand could be a bluff.

I think you may not be bluffing at the right time. Your bluff has to be BELIEVED by the opposing player in order for him to fold his hand.

On the flip side you have to make the decision as to whether the opposing player is bluffing you.

There are many "How To Play poker books" that go into great details regarding the "art" of bluffing in poker.

Actually Cardschat has a new "How To Play Poker Course and be a Winner in 60 days".

Just one caution, there are many, Do not go all in when you do bluff. There are times when you'r trying to bluff, the opposing player is luring you to going all in.

Enough said. Good Luck at the bluffing game.:confused: :eek: :cool:

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HONESTY IN POKER

This question is kinda ambiguous in that i could not tell if the person is saying that mutli accounting is really going to get them that far. or if the question is the software itself... now i'm going to go with the first option and say that i have had the same name for every site i have ever played on and has not done me much of a disservice. in fact the *kamikaze* style i play relies on player putting in many many bb confused as to wither i have the goods or a draw it is about 50 50. and that tends to have a good positive ev. on the other hand the second possible inquiry kinda baffles me as to the complexity of its plan on making this money maybe more ilaboration to its plot may help my answer,

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, absolutly! Poker is a honest game, we just make some bluffs in tables 🙂

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand what you mean by honest player.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The question should be is the site your playing on honest! I find it hard to play honest with the bluffing and all but do you really think online poker is honest? Just think about the hands that you get then look at the hand history and if you keep notes you will see some players are favored and get their card most of the time in what they call a random shuffle check it out!

The Riff_Raff :cool:

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honest a principle in my life not only in poker

brains12341

brains12341

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honest in the sense of not cheating then yes i am.
Honest in the sense of not being deceitful with my hands, no i am not.
As a poker player when playing my job is to hide my hand as best as possible, i dont talk too much, but i am suppose to make my opponent guess and wonder about my hand. They are suppose to e under pressure trying to figure out what i have. I am not suppose to e an easy read. So i do mix up my plays, i do slow play certain hands, i do bluff from time to time, sometimes i might even show, but every action i take, even showing a luff, is because i am trying to setup for another action against a specific player or tale of players. Its good to give info sometimes to make players feel they have a read on you. But i am a very dishonest player when it comes to hiding my cards from my opponent, lol. But very honest when it comes to proper game etiquette and breaking rules or cheating, not my style, i dont believe i need to resort to that standard of play.

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A big part of poker is about being dishonest lol. I don't steal or cheat, but I do like to bluff!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it's more profitable to having an honest platform with respect and love for the game.
Also most losing short sighted-unimaginative players who think everything is rigged will go for the making some fast money choice, I guess.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My thoughts are, it is impossible to win everything, if you divide the pie into 100 parts, a piece of pie will cost very expensive. And in the current reality, we see a growing rake, cutting freebies, and any innovations are aimed at zeroing out, first they give you a win, and then they take everything, and your honesty plays the last role here. Rooms where you can consistently play plus do not live long.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The site only earns rake...
So if your site makes you 1000s a week and you want it to make
you 100.000s you have to increase the rake by a factor of 100....

How many players would stick with your site when rake is 300% ????

I would asasume that most owners would go for a million dollar site,
but the way to get there is to grow! Best way to grow is having happy customers.

So the more greedy the site owners are the better for the players,
as the owners will do anything to make their site the best for the players...