Can you become a rich person with poker?

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure it just takes allot of luck or allot of skill mixed with some luck.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you become rich from poker?

Yes you can if you follow good brm and grind up-up-up... but that sounds easier than it looks,

Or you need to win a big tournament to become instantly rich... also easier said then done..

So yes you can become rich but its really hard the become rich from poker alone,

I would just keep poker as a extra thing to win money or as a hobby :)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Yeah you could become a rich person playing poker. You win a vacation/tourny and then win the tourny of the vacation. Parley it into a couple of vacation wins your sitting good. The problem results where do you put them. See so many games. Each prolly needing a tourny.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is possible. For example, tomorrow, you will be lucky to win a prestigious tournament. Or, you will work hard every day and be able to reach your goal in 5 or 10 years.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible, people have proven it. But first you need to work your way up and if you do not want to invest money and start with freerolls that might take soem (tens of) years.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dream is to became rich and help all of the members of my big family.
My plan is concentrate on my little bankroll and try to play higher stakes with the opportunity that cardschat give us.In the end I will get millionaire.
Only with hours of dedication to studying and playing per day for years will you reach this. Competition today is tough. Guess where their money comes from in a poker game? From worse players. Be prepared for massive ups and downs. Of course you can also get lucky, but you can also get unlucky.

You need a lot of money in poker to make money. As in you need a big enough bankroll for your probability of busting down to $0 to be high enough, even if you do play perfectly. You shouldn't fall into the illusion of thinking skill is everything, this game has ruined lives even for very skilled players.

You can absolutely start from scratch if you want though but building a bankroll will take time.

You 100% have to read this
https://danielnegreanu.com/a-foolproof-plan-to-becoming-a-professional-poker-player/

So yes I believe you can do it with dedication, but never let ego go out of check. Be humble enough to understand that a string of bad luck can screw you in a bad way.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet, but I really hope so.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know. Time will show and put everything in its place.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think any player would like to make a fortune playing poker, but it's a chance one of 1 million.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's possible but you have to be lucky on some parts and be able to manage your banckroll.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why not ?
There are times when people win tens of millions in the lottery. Of course, poker is a game of skill and experience, but luck is also an integral part of a successful game. I am sure it is possible.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a lot of luck, win all the flips every time..

Doesnt matter if you are 4 to 1 ahead, if you lose your dream crashes..

But there are people out there that are rich playing poker, so i can dream too

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Can you become a rich person with poker?"

Can I become a rich person with poker?
Unfortunately not. Instead I have borrowed and I am poorer than before. But it is possible, only that it requires skill and discipline that not everyone has.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are many people who play poker win good poker money for a long period of time. I think this is not just luck !!!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are all rich in our own way.And for each wealth is measured by a different coin.With poker you gain something more than wealth.With poker life becomes multifaceted and diverse.Dreaming of wealth do not forget who you are and that you have a soul!Poker is a game and communication!Good luck finding richness!

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if that's your goal in poker than it can be very hard. What I look at it as is a means to make a liveable income. If that's your goal to study, practice, and improve to make a living wage then maybe the big score will come. Just don't set out trying to make that big score. Grind, grind, grind and if it happens then awesome. A lot of players go through their whole bankroll chasing a dream, don't be that guy.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're reach a high place at enormous tournaments, it is guaranteed. But many late places can bring you to a good level of money. If you are capable of playing well and use your brankroll as great as you can, you can reach it. If you cannot, still can remain a nice hobby.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rich ..maybe, but poker must become part of your life, must be many practising, first you will go + every month and then after years of practising it is possible to try to play and win big buyin games. So if you dont want to put many hours and hard work then just buy lottery ticket :D

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think?

I think it is possible, but the chances are very small, I have been playing poker for about eight years, and have not yet got rich, but there is always hope of winning

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can, can you win the lottery - ofcource you can but winning it is a diferent story alltogether:) It all depends on alot of factors, irst one being your definition of rich...