Can you become a rich person with poker?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that is what most players dream about. Each of us has a chance, but only one in a thousand is lucky.

harryp

harryp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can become a millionaire in dollars if you invest time and have patience above money investment!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After long consideration... Yes. I hope before 2050.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is possible as many have shown. It is just that the odds are against you. At least by playing a massive amount of hands, it is likely you can become good enough to eventually be profitable at higher levels.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer would be yes, but it's unlikely. Sure you could get a big prize, maybe a 6 digits one.. that's what we all dream about I think.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Everything is possible so my answer is yes but you need to be focused on every game

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
to be rich with poker you have to be dedicated exclusively to it

W

willpwr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
can you?

I believe that you can get rich, but like any person starting something new, it will take much dedication and practice to be able to excel.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on what you see as rich. Worth millions 1-10 million? Possibly. Anything over that is highly unlikely and anything over $40 million is basically unattainable without proper investing outside of poker and lots of sponsors.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, yes and no. The hard way is called “grinding”. It’s what John Turturro’s character does in the film Rounders. While Matt Damon’s character takes his entire bankroll and uses it to play heads up for the highest stakes possible against the most feared player in town and promptly loses it with A-9 versus A-A on an A-9-9 board.

The hard way means that when you finally get the bankroll and skills to go up a level, you take a shot at the next level with an amount which, even if you blow the lot, means you’ll still have enough left to grind another bankroll back up at the lower level. It means playing the higher levels for months, possibly years at break even before you have the skills, courage and bankroll to stay there. Then repeat the process for the next level up. All the while taking money out of your bankroll to live on.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes in general, but if you ask this question seriously, then no :D

G

GlassChamp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really Awaysome

Only 1 of a million people can be go to that way.
I think you need some courses for that .
A good Community and support of friends then it is Possible.
To go this way without that is really strong , a good tourney and a run on it you can get .
Gl all and enjoy the games:icon_flow

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say yes to this question with the insert that it would be no easy feat. Your poker skills would have to be remarkable enough for you to cash out of most tourneys that you play so that you will break levels very quickly. That or you muster the courage, make the buy-in and get lucky enough to win it all.

Poker is not for the faint of heart and it requires lots of skill and dedication. I must answer "yes" to this question otherwise I have no reason to play. My goal is to get to the wsop someday and win it all. No selling my action! :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Erik moraes! I'm think You self know the many people, who earns good and very good money, playing in the Poker.
Their show permanently by TV, when broadcast the different Poker Events... And quantity these people constantly
and consistently grow up! Have, of course, the reverse occasions, because, if someone wins, means someone loses...
That's Life! Because Life is a Game too! "Show must Go on!..";):cool:

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are smart enough, dedicated enough, lucky enough then you could be rich from playing poker .. oh, and you need to be willing to gamble. :D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would guess there are 10,000 broke players to every one rich player. I assure you that I'm not the "One" !

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a great job, make good investments and occasionally play poker, you might become rich. No guarantees, good luck.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Becoming a millionaire or getting poor, anything is possible ... but the vast majority do not get there.
You probably mean that the number of poker players that gets poor is larger than the number of poker players that becomes millionaire. And for most players there is no noticable change in the financial situation due to playing poker.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, playing tournaments, the road can be very long or short depends on each person playing tournaments, and their talent and ability to do :captain::captain::captain::captain:

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you work hard and spend a lot of time then yes its possible. But remember you will be a lot of time alone infront of your computer :)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most become poor and few become rich:)