Are you addicted to poker?

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a strange relationship with poker. Sometimes i'll love it full force, I mean I'll read everything I can get my hands on, then the next minute I stop reading, stop caring for it for a while. I pretty much do this with everything now that i'm older.

The same with guitar or anything in that matter. Does anybody do this? Or am I just crazy?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am definately addicted to poker I play it, watch it and dream about it... Which reminds me I am a much better poker player in my dreams and my day dreams then I am in real life but w/e When I haven't played or watched poker in awhile like within a half an hour I get withdrawls and start crying but w/e Its better to be addicted to poker then be addicted to drugs so thats my excuse for sharing needles when I inject the A of hearts into my arms

K

Kerrlz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about fully addicted, there was a time when I played quite a bit but that wore down and now its more on and off. Hasn't really been a problem yet so if it is and addiction its not terribly unhealthy at the moment.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I had a friend in college who told me a simple rule about alcoholism. He told me, "I am not an alcoholic. An alcoholic needs a drink; I have one."

I feel like the same thing must hold true here. I am not addicted to poker. An addict would need games to play in. I have games to play in.

H

Hardcorecake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope not addicted whatsoever...I've never played poker for the money so I do it for the love and fun of the game...sometimes it's lots of fun and I'll play for a straight month everyday...thats probably longest stretch Ive ever had...and other times I find it quite redundant and boring and so stop for a month or a string of months...only played once this past month at a live game...made 200 drunk(which is always surprising but fun) I still love the game.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YES I AM AN ADDICT LOL,I am so addicted that I will get on a plane and fly all the way to Las Vegas just to play poker which I will be doing come this tuesday and I can't wait,there I said it, I am an addict LOL!!!!

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
herion, crack, tobacco and booze have nothing on my poker addiction

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Uh lets see ... Am I addicted to poker? 1.Does a bear chit in the woods? 2.Does a fat kid like m&m's? 3. Does your wife scream ,"take the trash out"& You respond ,"just in a minute" 4.Does Phil Hellmuth curse? 5.If u said yes to all the above ,then I guess I'm addicted.

K

KladZad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeeeeeees....All days im looking poker on tv and play cash,freerols and tournaments..

B

Benneke11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not addicted to poker. If it's needed, I could stop playing poker for one week for instance.

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose to much to be addicted to poker so I guess that would be a no.

C

ClaryWhite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i am addicted of poker game & in my free time i always play poker with my friends. I think poker is the best source to time pass..

T

Tom102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say I am, poker has always been in the back of my mind for a while.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
am i addicted to poker?

I DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT. (runs to his room in tears)

C

chrispitt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i am not addicted of poker.

D

diamond4307

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt, i wake up, the first thing i'm thinking is "Which tournament starts at 1:30pm!?" While playing i'm watching the high stakes ring games just for entertainment and while doing this i've got something like the Aussie Millions, EPT, wsop or WPT playing in the background on youtube... Even when i log off and go to bed, out comes the phone and im back to watching cash games/tournaments on there in bed. It's a full blown addiction. And i love it :D

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely without a doubt.I even plan days around my big tours.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm definitely not addicted to poker. I play everyday, or almost everyday, but there are things I enjoy more than poker. It kind of feels like a job to me, actually.

I've spent days, even recently, spent about three weeks without playing any poker at all... it was not a problem.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well, hmm, I guess I am addicted to poker. On playing days I spend even as much as 10 to 12 hours playing. I just try to have one or two "sober" days a week, when i don't even fire up the poker clients, thus keeping me in control and away from GA.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

U

utilizatorus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i understand what you're talking about. i would rather don't smoke for 3 days ( i am a very BIG smoker :D ), than not play poker. at least i have to watch some videos, something, but can't breath without poker in my life for a day, though my winnings havn't been greater than 300$ LOL!!! it's beautiful, it's a discipline, it's sport, it's magic. maybe my perseverence would bring me some money too, since i'm trying so hard and let's be honest, everybody who's playing poker dreams of big winnings.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd have to say yes,, not to the point that I would lose very much money, but I'm addicted to playing the game it self. I use to drag race (not street race) as much as I could. Now I don't have that competition with other racers, so poker provides that "fix". I do go and watch my nephew and great nephew race every couple of weeks.

fred5198

fred5198

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife says I am so doggone it must be true.

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you ever suck **** for poker?