Are You Addicted?

Davydave

Davydave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Yeah man, they call gambling a disease, but it's the only disease where you can win a bunch of money." -- Norm Macdonald

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty sure I'm addicted to breathing... just can't kick my oxygen habit.

I like to play cards but I remain in control of my actions.

People can claim to be addicted to a lot of things but they have willpower and can use it at any point.

T

Tripsdawg03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am supper addicted to poker and betting on sports

T

Tripsdawg03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes zero since for USA players not allowed to bet on sports or poker legally. SMH

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who play everyday might be addicted of poker. Sometimes you could unexpectedly fall into addiction. But if addiction doesn't destroy your life and it brings good emotions it's ok.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to be addicted to learning and understanding the overall game of no limit holdem. I grinded everyday for eight to ten hours for years. I had big dreams as my level of understanding the game went up. All that changed when Black Friday hit. I got lucky, cause I had just withdrew my whole bankrolls from FTP and Stars a week before it hit, I was getting ready to go play live at the wsop. I stayed in Vegas for three and half months, I ran so bad. I couldn't beat all the loose rebuy players in local games. I got unlucky so many times at final tables. Since then I got burnt out, so I only play like six hours a day for three days a week compared to everyday.

T

Tripsdawg03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish the poker stars and other sites allowed all U.S.A players to play poker and bet on sports. SMDH!!???

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is for me a job, then I think it's not addiction, when you play + you do not have a dependency :) And when everything turns out in the opposite direction, it looks like a dependency when you try to recoup, but you do not have anything coming out ...

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you can say I'm a poker addict :D

Tihiy2017

Tihiy2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
to win poker, you need to be independent ..

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not addicted. Do you just have to watch for the dangers and take steps to counter them. Personally, my results improved once I started making an effort to resist the urge to continue playing indefinitely when I have got a big loss. I feel satisfaction when I take my last 10 bucks and cash it out instead of desperate shoving it in.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, my name popstani and I’m addicted

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I'm addicted to poker, playing every day, whenever I have time or game or am researching poker, or strategies, or news, such eat poker and breathe xD

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say I'm addicted. . I work all day and play spin and gos on my breaks then as soon as I get home I fire up my jivaro hud and start playing low stakes MTT till 1 am ish.. I come on Cards chat every day. While I'm playing I have YouTube poker related videos on and I'm always looking for and studying ways to improve my game. I'm actually looking for a coach right now. So yes I'm addicted I was at my friends birthday party the other night and wen we got home I was actually happy my girlfriend was tired so I could fire up pokerstars lolol.

John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm a poker addict, I have a tendency of calling off meet ups with my friends etc.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we are addicted to thoughts...so whatever the thoughts tell you to do

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that I am dependent on poker, I play my own pleasure the truth is the pleasure I want to get every day, but I do not consider myself dependent on poker :) :) :)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same happens to me. I was on vacation and I did not play poker at any time. Then I came to study and play every day. I think it's something exciting and when you're on vacation you do not take those times because you're enjoying yourself. And returning to normal ... this passion for poker also returns ahah

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a little dependent on poker because I lost and I want to recoup with time.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played many hours when I have the time, I don't think I am a gambler. I mostly play for fun.

filipks665

filipks665

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a good question, i personally think that as long as you dont look at poker like gambling you should be pretty fine:)

R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think I'm addicted. I play poker for pleasure and I do not think I spend too much of my time playing.