Are you a Recreational or Pro Player?

As a CardChat Member, you are playing poker as a?

• Recreational Player, so what :)

Votes: 299 72.9%
  • Semi-Pro Player

Votes: 48 11.7%
  • Full-Time Pro Player

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Transitioning Player - Semi-Pro

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • Transitioning Player - Full-Time Pro

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recreational Player!!

my answer is a bluff

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally recreation player ....haha.... I hope one day I can get there.

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker as an Amateur, I think that to become a professional player, you need a lot of time to play. And you also have to do a lot of things that are more important than money.

P

PYO88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly amateur

Im an amateur player since there’s absolutely no way i can live from playing poker!

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a recreational player all the time, even though I have been playing poker for many years. Being a pro requires a lot of sacrifices and lifestyle changes, and I don't want to do that.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an amateur who will soon become a pro, make a screen )))

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing poker for quite some time, but it’s still just a hobby. I don’t think I can ever be a professional because I don’t pay enough attention to learning.
Although it would be good to win more often. :))

A

andrestc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, so I'm a recreational. But I take the hobby very seriously and would love to get to a point where my winnings from poker get to a point where it is a very profitable hobby.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just an amateur. It's a game that distracts me a bit from the routine

M

mrwalleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am a recreational player..i like to play but i have no intrest in being a pro

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if there are more pros since 2020? Working from home has gotten a lot of people interested in poker.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Transitioning Player - Semi-Pro for me :)

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad I don't need to pay my bills with my poker winnings...yet

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be a recreational player, I think I have a long way to go to become a professional, although I have been playing for a long time, there is still a lot to learn

T

TUGIN777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am DEFINITELY NOT ready to become a professional! Let poker remain my favorite hobby for me! And I'll make money in a more traditional business! I believe that turning poker into a job is not good for the vast majority of people. 1) This is a very hard and harmful job; 2) Poker is essentially asocial (especially online); 3) You can choose poker as a profession, spend a lot of time and years so that by 30 you will be left with no connections in society and no professional skills, with a shattered nervous system, poor eyesight and hemorrhoids; 4) The future of poker is unfortunately unclear (especially in our country); 5) "When poker becomes your profession, you will lose your hobby".For me, poker as a hobby and an additional source of income is super, but everyone has their own way.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a totally recreational player ... I am not even close to being a professional or at least I think so hehe

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HaHa ,

I am dying to know what exactly is a semi-pro poker player?

I can only consider someone who pays his entire living expenses from poker as a pro. meaning that they generate all of their income from poker. To me all the rest of us are "rec" players. :D I think a couple of years ago, I did not want to be considered a "rec" player just like people don't want to be labeled a fish. I now have so much respect for the actual "pros", men and women who can tolerate the risk and are willing to work hard enough to succeed without any other income to rely on.

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider myself recreational at the moment as I’m trying to learn and studying the game on a daily basis! However I would like to become semi-pro and the dream one day would be to turn pro, like you say, I also have a lot of admiration for the pros who can stick to their strategies, develop and improve their skills on a daily basis, managing to stay focused and in the zone for lengthy periods of time is an art!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I am a player who tries to learn more and more about poker every day, since it is too versatile a game, I always play professionally.

D

Drakkain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately - recreational. At some point I was living from poker but since I quit for some years I've got to catch up so much :/

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker for me will always be for fun and recreation, I stopped working 7 years ago and the last thing I want to do is get back into the Rat Race. and to play as a Pro takes so much time and commitment, I am just not interested. Keep Poker Fun and remember.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I won one CC TOURNAMENT. I guess I am a pro now? ��