Are you a Recreational or Pro Player?

As a CardChat Member, you are playing poker as a?

• Recreational Player, so what :)

Votes: 299 72.9%
  • Semi-Pro Player

Votes: 48 11.7%
  • Full-Time Pro Player

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Transitioning Player - Semi-Pro

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • Transitioning Player - Full-Time Pro

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think many players fall directly into what the survey is showing and it seems a majority play strictly as recreational players. Using poker as a hobby and a form of entertainment.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am recreational but very serious player most of the times I play.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the future, I want to learn how to play better and earn more money...

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider myself as a recreational player because I think I understand poker than most of those kind of player and I think I can outplay recreational players. Certainly not a pro but aiming to be in that level and mindset.

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Transitioning.. I'd say, I do just fine on any day but get worse as it goes by.. my biggest shortcoming has been patience & stamina.. if I can conquer that then .. well, let me not ahead of myself & jynx it!!

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time I enter the game, I have fun and think that I will be able to improve it, but after another failure I draw conclusions and try next time, so most likely I am a recreational player :)

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am a recreational player willing to become a professional

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was professional. Now something between because I don't play poker for a living anymore. But we'll see what will happen in the future

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have setup an anonymous poll ITT. The poll is setup to see what percentage of the CC community is playing poker as a recreational, semi-pro, pro player, or working towards making poker a full time career. I'm the first to say that I'm a recreational player that's doing this for fun. I'm grateful to have a place like CC where I can learn from a lot of great players. Even us Rec players have something to offer to the game :)

Feel free to drop some knowledge ITT if you are a semi-pro, pro, or transitioning into poker as a career.
Neither, you have to expand the options. Regular or semi-pro:top:

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither, you have to expand the options. Regular or semi-pro:top:

Jim,

Thank you for the feedback. There is a semi-pro option to pick, but is there another category that you were looking for? I would be glad to add it if the mods let me.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
something between

poker for a good player like me is all about bad beat , its been years that i have found out not just skills help you to prove but chance have a great position in your poker life:confused:

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I WOULD BE a professional poker player if I wasn't married with two kids! I'm recreational. Seeing as how I know the professional ship has sailed I don't want to become professional. I just want to make enough to be a hundredaire! LOLOLOL! I just want to make enough to cover all my expenses and keep $500 to $1000 in my savings account at ALL TIMES. Keep in mind that I am a one income household. Oh don't worry, I still have my 9-5...……….my poker playing would just cover my disposable income. I haven't gotten that good yet but I think I'm getting there. I've discovered a new way of playing that's paying off. Good Luck!:D

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a reg.

ive been playing poker for a few years now and i just love the game. I play low stakes and just enjoy making decision's and seeing if i made the right choice.

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to be a professional player but I am a mediocre recreational player I have to study more to gain confidence

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is good to see that I'm in good company with the CC community.

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a pro recreational player. Yea, explain that.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recreational of course that is til i retire and have enough time to become a pro. Then i will slowly dominate and take over the world 1 brain at a time...hahaha..oh my bad sorry wrong blog..lol..Good luck.

A

ayewayfilms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself to be a semi pro player