Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Well.. I'm not so good, but I play from small bets, and in a month I manage to win $ 100-200. That's quite enough for me.

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is Variance--if V is positiv i win, if not i dont play :D

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing freerolls you are always a profitable player, but in general it is difficult to be constantly winning playing with your own money.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since 2010. I may try to go semi pro in the near future once again. Been over 6 years that I tried it for last time. Just couldn't find the time.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think im losing overall but im getting up there

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you currently able to make consistent profits in poker using resources from your own results without the need for deposits?

Can you make a living from poker these days?
I think I'm profitable because I've never needed to make a deposit and I've had consistent results. I still play free games to increase my bankroll on some sites.
One day maybe I'll be able to make a living from poker.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
No, im a donkey from avatar :), but I don't complain, I enjoy playing

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can say that I am a profitable player, because in total I made deposits of $10, and recently withdrew $50.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I take all the time I'm playing poker, I can say that my results are very modest. When I started playing, I played in the red over the past two years, there has been progress and a small plus. Now my goal is to build a huge pot to play at high stakes and improve my results. As for stable profits, I'll say that this does not happen in poker. You can earn money, but this is far from a stable profit because today you can be at your best and tomorrow you will not be able to deal cards well. You need to be able to profit from the difference between losses and wins.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Not always a profitable player but i am doing well and i don't think i can make a living from only poker.

nickzick

nickzick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good morning, afternoon or evening noble companions,

In my opinion, we can all be profitable at poker. But for that we have to accept that this is not the way we want it to happen. Many times all of us here have already buried our deposits for losing in Mtts, Cash Games and other modalities. We've all experienced that.

What I propose as a solution is, a self-evaluation of the results in the various possibilities of online gaming. I believe that the first step is to know yourself and accept yourself! Believe me, accept that where you would like to win, 99% of the time, is not where you really are profitable.

We deposited 100 dollars, when we thought we were too conservative we signed up for a mtt 2.20. That it doesn't last long for the feeling of revenge to show up, push the boundaries, and get screwed. Even so, we prefer to suffer quickly in a single day, rather than an entire month.
To continue the problem, we are emotional, we don't like to lose and we are still endowed with an irrational faith, that no matter the odds, we believe it will work out! Because, many of us have seen it give, many of us have already hit a generous jackpot and that makes us believe. But we don't want to accept that it was by luck and chance, on the contrary, we clung to the fallacy that we are good. Even if only for ourselves.

Now that we have conceptualized the problem, let's move on to the development of possible solutions.

We love the adrenaline, the win, the feeling of getting rich, the spinning of the wheel, the surprise of the cards, the roll of the dice, the flop, turn and river. This releases pleasure stimuli in our brain that we certainly love. Let's make one thing very clear, those who like to have fun betting will never be profitable. It will never be used as an income supplement.

There are two worlds. One of the emotionless professional bettors (pro poker players include themselves here) is a boring, repetitive game with much lower values than we think we are able to play. That's the lucrative world. It's a job like any other, a variable profit, but it's a profit that exists!

The other, on the other hand, is a world of adventure, which only makes sense in our minds. It's the harsh reality, our mind deceives us because we are encouraged to experience that ecstasy of pleasure again. And our attitudes and strategies are not conscious, there is no wisdom, intelligence that we are present on this side that lead us to any consistent financial success.

Solutions? Do you really like Poker? If so, develop your relationships to include a leisure time with acquaintances and friends in the month. Nothing like a barbecue, a good moment of leisure and fun with other people playing poker. A tip to be cheap and still a lot of fun is to play in the format of a Sit Go tournament. Suppose a table with 3 to 9 people playing, each buy-in for 50 reais and taking 5 thousand chips, first place takes the total prize and there is no need to share the cost of the next barbecue. Wonder.

Do you really like poker? Then follow this suggestion above for your life. At the low, affordable price you'll have fun, even if you want to risk everything on a combination that doesn't have the “pot-odds” due for the call, what's the problem? You're having fun with your classmates, that's all very healthy.

Now, in your daily, online routine, you and your computer have to be different. Everyone wants to win, and everyone thinks exactly how you are going to win. Going back to the beginning of the text, you will only be positive here if you follow the 3 steps.

1 - Evaluate yourself. Play 10x each of the SNG 9, SNG 6, SPIN GO, and HEADS UP modes. Forget about the money for now. After playing 10x each one, look at which one had the highest financial return. You and I aren't rich, so I suppose a little bird in hand makes more sense than two flying. In other words, it's better to win almost every day than to wait for a tournament that knows when it's going to crash...

Did you understand? And to take a screenshot, annotate, save, read, reread and put into practice. If it's available, know where you're best, where it's easiest (or least difficult) for you.

2 — Management. Did you test whether you rated 10x at the lowest possible limits? Okay, now you have to pay the physical and monetary price to organize yourself for a month. For example, you seek to win 2 heads ups for 2 dollars a day. If I miss the first one I stop and come back the next day. That way on the winning day you get 4 dollars and on the losing day you lose only 2 dollars. This is already a strategic management, because there are several and I believe that you will create your own. Do you remember? It's annoying! It's work isn't fun, it's emotionless, the joy is there at the barbecue with your colleagues. Everyday life for an Online Pro, it's like that black and white.

3 - Scale. Forget about profit in the present. You're now a company and you're moving out of diapers. In order for it to grow, you have to take great care of it so as not to destroy it. You will start this way with a lot of concentration and low game volume (real money) on a daily basis. I lost the first one a while ago, and I have free time and I'm calm, forget about the real game. Open your other non-real money online gaming Apps there and go train. Ex: governor of poker 3 and wsop, are games with other real players so you can continue training.

And so over time... You go from 2 to 1, increase the value of the table you're playing, or increasing the number of games per day. I am more adapted to the first option. Not much play equals a more lucid psychological one to make the best decisions.

(imagine such a badass motivational phrase that made you take action after reading this text)

nickzick

nickzick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good morning, afternoon or evening noble companions, Good morning, afternoon or evening noble companions,

In my opinion, we can all be profitable at poker. But for that we have to accept that this is not the way we want it to happen. Many times all of us here have already buried our deposits for losing in Mtts, Cash Games and other modalities. We've all experienced that.

What I propose as a solution is, a self-evaluation of the results in the various possibilities of online gaming. I believe that the first step is to know yourself and accept yourself! Believe me, accept that where you would like to win, 99% of the time, is not where you really are profitable.

We deposited 100 dollars, when we thought we were too conservative we signed up for a mtt 2.20. That it doesn't last long for the feeling of revenge to show up, push the boundaries, and get screwed. Even so, we prefer to suffer quickly in a single day, rather than an entire month.
To continue the problem, we are emotional, we don't like to lose and we are still endowed with an irrational faith, that no matter the odds, we believe it will work out! Because, many of us have seen it give, many of us have already hit a generous jackpot and that makes us believe. But we don't want to accept that it was by luck and chance, on the contrary, we clung to the fallacy that we are good. Even if only for ourselves.

Now that we have conceptualized the problem, let's move on to the development of possible solutions.

We love the adrenaline rush, the win, the feeling of getting rich, the spinning of the wheel, the surprise of the cards, the roll of the dice, the flop, turn and river. This releases pleasure stimuli in our brain that we certainly love. Let's make one thing very clear, those who like to have fun betting will never be profitable. It will never be used as an income supplement.

There are two worlds. One of the emotionless professional bettors (pro poker players include themselves here) is a boring, repetitive game with much lower values than we think we are able to play. That's the lucrative world. It's a job like any other, a variable profit, but it's a profit that exists!

The other, on the other hand, is a world of adventure, which only makes sense in our minds. It's the harsh reality, our mind deceives us because we are encouraged to experience that ecstasy of pleasure again. And our attitudes and strategies are not conscious, there is no wisdom, intelligence that we are present on this side that lead us to any consistent financial success.

Solutions? Do you really like Poker? If so, develop your relationships to include a leisure time with acquaintances and friends in the month. Nothing like a barbecue, a good moment of leisure and fun with other people playing poker. A tip to be cheap and still a lot of fun is to play in the format of a Sit Go tournament. Suppose a table with 3 to 9 people playing, each buy-in for 50 reais and taking 5 thousand chips, first place takes the total prize and there is no need to share the cost of the next barbecue. Wonder.

Do you really like poker? Then follow this suggestion above for your life. At the low, affordable price you'll have fun, even if you want to risk everything on a combination that doesn't have the “pot-odds” due for the call, what's the problem? You're having fun with your classmates, that's all very healthy.

Now, in your daily, online routine, you and your computer are different. Everyone wants to win, and everyone thinks exactly how you are going to win. Going back to the beginning of the text, you will only be positive here if you follow the 3 steps.

1 - Evaluate yourself. Play 10x each of the SNG 9, SNG 6, SPIN GO, and HEADS UP modes. Forget about the money for now. After playing 10x each one, look at which one had the highest financial return. You and I aren't rich, so I suppose a little bird in hand makes more sense than two flying. In other words, it's better to win almost every day than to wait for a tournament that knows when it's going to crash...

Did you understand? And to take a screenshot, annotate, save, read, reread and put into practice. If it's available, know where you're best, where it's easiest (or least difficult) for you.

2 — Management. Did you test whether you rated 10x at the lowest possible limits? Okay, now you have to pay the physical price and commissions to organize for a month. For example, you seek to win 2 heads ups for 2 dollars a day. If I miss the first one I stop and come back the next day. That way on the winning day you get 4 dollars and on the losing day you lose only 2 dollars. This is already a strategic management, because there are several and I believe that you will create your own. Do you remember? It's annoying! It's work isn't fun, it's emotionless, the joy is there at the barbecue with your colleagues. Everyday life for an Online Pro, it's like that black and white.

3 - Scale. Forget about profit in the present. You're now a company and you're moving out of diapers. In order for it to grow, you have to take great care of it so as not to destroy it. You will start this way with a lot of concentration and low game volume (real money) on a daily basis. I lost the first one a while ago, and I have free time and I'm calm, forget about the real game. Open your other non-real money online gaming apps there and go train. Ex: Governor of Poker 3 and WSOP, are games with other real players so you can continue training.

And so over time... You go from 2 dollars to 5, increase the amount of the table you're playing at, or scale up the number of games per day. I am more adapted to the first option. Not much play equals a more lucid psychological one to make the best decisions.

Move up crohl.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am up, so i am happy.
Hoping it stays that way.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yes because i put in 0 money and only use wins from freerolls and satalite

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you currently able to make consistent profits in poker using resources from your own results without the need for deposits?

Can you make a living from poker these days?
Yes, and today I make a living from poker. I left my profession, engineer, to make a living from sport.

I never make a deposit, except the $10 every 3 months for the CC game on PS that I withdraw from my own weekly profit.

So the answer you are looking for is yes, it is possible. Just be disciplined and adapt day after day.

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that professional poker players, those who profit and make a living from it, are exceptions.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not anymore in my case, simply don't have much time to play poker.

h0ty4b

h0ty4b

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without offline experience probably it is hard to say.. :rolleyes:

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Statistics show a plus, which means a profitable player

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
My ptofit is about 500 $ per year, but always +!

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play all the time, but since starting I have stayed in the black. Guessing up around 10,000, that is over 15 years more or less. So not great but still ahead.