pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A new tweet from Phil Helmuth -
Making my "Entrance" to the 2011 wsop main event today at 5:00 pm! No hat, no sunglasses...Hint: will be a "Network" entrance.
Is he setting himself up for another huge fall? What do you think?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Helmuth struggling along on a shortstack but makes it to day 2

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look forward to watching hellmouth play in the main event because I believe he is going to make a deep run this year. I mean he's not going to win, but seeing how great he play this year I believe he's going deep. Also, I enjoy seeing how he always make an ass of himself.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
[quoteGeorge Kostanza (from Seinfeld) is sitting in 148th after Day 1a (63,150 chips)
Go George!!!![/quote]
Hi PO, Is there a site to get a complete list of those still in the ME? The WSOP site seems to show only about 90 players left from day1a.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow!!

Notable Chip Counts
Ben Mintz - 150,000
Anthony Miller - 132,800
Yervand Boyadjian - 126,800
Jeff Frerichs - 125,625
Sean LaFort - 104,500
Justin Filtz - 103,000
Jamie Kerstetter - 91,925
Joe Tehan - 70,025
Phil Laak - 63,600
Men Nguyen - 63,600

Jamie is a new friend of mine - met and hung out with her on my recent Vegas trip. She lost her id on Friday night and was worried that she wouldn't be able to play - but it got turned in and she got it back yesterday.

Awesome girl and awesome poker player!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
[quoteGeorge Kostanza (from Seinfeld) is sitting in 148th after Day 1a (63,150 chips)
Go George!!!!
Hi PO, Is there a site to get a complete list of those still in the ME? The WSOP site seems to show only about 90 players left from day1a.[/quote]
'tweets' on the 'Twitter'

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow!!

Notable Chip Counts

Jamie Kerstetter - 91,925

Jamie is a new friend of mine - met and hung out with her on my recent Vegas trip. She lost her id on Friday night and was worried that she wouldn't be able to play - but it got turned in and she got it back yesterday.

Awesome girl and awesome poker player!!!

Yay! Yes. Go Jamie go!!!! :)

(Still waiting for the inevitable day that a woman takes this down :D )

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yay! Yes. Go Jamie go!!!! :)

(Still waiting for the inevitable day that a woman takes this down :D )

You say inevitable but a female has not won a WSOP event- that's ANY EVENT(excluding the ladies event LDO)- since I believe Vanessa Rousso back in 2008. That's gotta be well over 100 events. Considering they make up about 4% of the fields they should realistically be winning 1/25 events. I'm not attempting to make this a men are better than women at poker thread, but it's a highly disappointing stat.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You say inevitable but a female has not won a WSOP event- that's ANY EVENT(excluding the ladies event LDO)- since I believe Vanessa Rousso back in 2008. That's gotta be well over 100 events. Considering they make up about 4% of the fields they should realistically be winning 1/25 events. I'm not attempting to make this a men are better than women at poker thread, but it's a highly disappointing stat.
WSOP E MainEvent 2007 -> Annette Obrestad not too bad imo

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It was Vanessa Selbst fwiw

physiotherapist

physiotherapist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it possible to Watch WSOP main event on internet?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Last edited:
LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sigh...yeah, I know all the (sad) facts and figures Johnny, so I'm not counting on odds here but rather inevitable randomness. ;) :D

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will be the best year in the past couple for the pro name players to represent at the final table. Depends on what the final count is on entries. The lesser number of entries, the better the chances for the pros. I think they should have upwardly adjusted the fee for the main event each year for inflation. Ten thousand dollars in 1970 was a lot of money. I think it should be around sixty thousand to get in now. That takes out a lot of pretenders.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's clearly inevitable given a long enough timescale, unless the probability is zero (obviously false). So the only way to say that it is not inevitable is if you think the WSOP will not run in some finite number of years.

Also, that's exactly the same as saying that if a guy raises 4% of hands preflop, then it's surprising (replace with disappointing in your post) that he only raises 1% over 100 hands, which is just wrong since it could be a statistical fluctuation.

Even if women may be worse than men, it's highly, highly likely that it is just sociological. Just consider how many people's first experience with poker is with a bunch of guys sitting around drinking beer and watching sports, since that's what men are "supposed" to do.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This will be the best year in the past couple for the pro name players to represent at the final table. < why? Depends on what the final count is on entries.< why? (incidentally the total # of entries this year is 6,865 which is the 3rd largest) The lesser number of entries, the better the chances for the pros. < I think the difference in number of entrants is negligible I think they should have upwardly adjusted the fee for the main event each year for inflation. Ten thousand dollars in 1970 was a lot of money. I think it should be around sixty thousand to get in now. That takes out a lot of pretenders.
I don't think the MainEvent just attracts the 'best' players. imo it's about $10k & a dream. Personally I think if they upped the buyin a bunch, it would lose alot of what it currently has going for it.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In depth interview w/ Kara Scott...
:love: :love: :love: hehe.

WSOP