Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Shaun Deeb currently sitting with ~145,00 chips in Day2 of MnEv.. Also, Yevginy Timoshenko w 132,000, Jon Turner 120,000, Annette Obrestad still in it with 79,000. Some others > Mike Sowers sitting with a good stack of 210,000, Sorel Mizzi 83,000, Alex Kamberis with 56,000 (< AJKHoosier).

Not sure if my fav. > George Kostanza is still in it? Anyone know this?

Attachments

• George.gif
    George.gif
    93.9 KB · Views: 125
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
George Kostanza sitting with 167,000 chips at the end of Day2a!!! What'd I tell ya? George is final tabling this year.
(Shaun Deeb sitting with 295,000 at the end of the day.. this guy sucks!)

Attachments

• S F'n D.gif
    S F'n D.gif
    94.7 KB · Views: 122
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hellmuth starts the day with 11,800 but doesn't realise he's meant to be playing, has been blinded down below 7000 by the time he arrives but still manages to finish the day with 64,900. Is he on a mission this year or what...

JonesyMJ

JonesyMJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth starts the day with 11,800 but doesn't realise he's meant to be playing, has been blinded down below 7000 by the time he arrives but still manages to finish the day with 64,900. Is he on a mission this year or what...

His Player's Championship second place finish was his first ever 7-figure cash as well. Kinda amazing, considering he has over $13,000,000 in winnings.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP E MainEvent 2007 -> Annette Obrestad not too bad imo
I'm not at all suing that women have not had good results in tournaments, add Vicky Coren and Liv Boeree in big EPT events to that also as well as Maria Ho's excellent second place in a wsop event early on in the series but the number of WSOP titles won by women comparitively is poor.

It was Vanessa Selbst fwiw

True. My mistake.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will be the best year in the past couple for the pro name players to represent at the final table. Depends on what the final count is on entries. The lesser number of entries, the better the chances for the pros. I think they should have upwardly adjusted the fee for the main event each year for inflation. Ten thousand dollars in 1970 was a lot of money. I think it should be around sixty thousand to get in now. That takes out a lot of pretenders.

On your first point, this is now officially the third largest Main Event field ever with close to 7000 entrants. So I'm thinking the chances of a name-brand pro making the final table aren't much different to any other year in recent memory.

As for adjusting the buy-in for inflation, what you're ignoring is the fact that Harrahs want the pretenders in the field. They want the weekend warriors, the dreamers, the bucket-listers, the B-grade celebrities doing it for the lulz, the staked broke-dicks and the legitimate pros. They want them all. Once upon a time, sure, the Main Event existed to decide who the best players in the world were. But it stopped being that a long time ago. For years now it's been an entertainment spectacle - the biggest poker show on the planet where anybody with $10K and a dream can try their luck and maybe strike it rich. Or if not they'll at least get their chance to be on global television if they bark like a dog or have some other inane gimmick...

The tournament you're suggesting already exists BTW - they call it the $50K Player's Championship.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will be the best year in the past couple for the pro name players to represent at the final table. Depends on what the final count is on entries. The lesser number of entries, the better the chances for the pros. I think they should have upwardly adjusted the fee for the main event each year for inflation. Ten thousand dollars in 1970 was a lot of money. I think it should be around sixty thousand to get in now. That takes out a lot of pretenders.

The tournament you're suggesting already exists BTW - they call it the $50K Player's Championship.

Beat me to it lol. Yep - there is an event like that already. This one has evolved into something totally different. I think it is a good thing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was following him a bit yesterday on Twitter & in the updates, reading about the hands he'd played. With a really shortstack (~15bb's alot of the time) he was never 'allin' preflop the entire day (unless he happend to be at the very end of the day?).

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was following him a bit yesterday on Twitter & in the updates, reading about the hands he'd played. With a really shortstack (~15bb's alot of the time) he was never 'allin' preflop the entire day (unless he happend to be at the very end of the day?).

He did not and incredibly he ended 64,900 in chips.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Helmuth struggling along on a shortstack but makes it to day 2
Really do not expect PH to go deep in many ME in the near future. I just don't think he has what it takes to dodge his way through large fields.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How's your gurl doing Dakota?
Hope she reaches November nine

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold is running quite well this year, maybe this will be his "one time".

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 of the decks at a table was 8 cards short for over an hour... Would you be pissed?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe Phil said he was never all-in and called, meaning he was never at risk. I think he shoved over people a few times, and apparently there were claims of titanic laydowns (QQ to PH's shortstack).

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
notable players at the main event

day 2 13/7/2011
*Ben Lamb (551,600)
*Patrik Antonius (361,000)
*Sam Simom (317,900)
*John Racener (182,900)
*Erick Lindgren (170,300)
*Robert Croak (140,000)
*Jean-Robert Bellande (125,600)
*Todd Brunson (110,000)
*Allen Cunningham (100,600)
*Sam Trickett (83,500)
*Jake Cody (45,000)
*Jennifer Harman (45,000)
*Scott Seiver (14,100)
*Eli Elezra (151,700)
*Daniel Negreanu (114,100)
*Joe Cada (111,000)
*Phil Hellmuth (64,900)
*Justin Bonomo (252,400)
*Jason Alexander (167,000)
& players knocked out
*jamie gold
*mike matusow
*johnny chan
*chris moneymaker
*Sammy Farha
*Matthew Jarvis
*Filippo Candio
*matte affleck
*Soi Nguyen
*Phil Gordon
*Darvin Moon
*Mike Sexton
*J.C. Tran
*Phil Laak
*Dario Minieri
*Greg Raymer
*Doyle Brunson
*Jerry Yang
*Vanessa Selbst
knock outs and chip stackes will be updated later

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After some confusion seems that no hands were actually played with the short deck according to surveillance.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be watched on ESPN3 (but I don't get it w my int provider :( )
You can find out about schedule here http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=6477409

Starting on Thurs. (Day 3 MnEv coverage) ESPN3
Anyone with any thoughts on how to get this? or.. maybe also found elsewhere?

Days 3 through 8 of the WSOP main event -- scheduled for July 14-19 -- will feature 34 hours of "live" poker on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN3.com featuring unedited play and hole cards.

The 30-minute delay coverage on ESPN2 (and simulcast on ESPN3.com) will only include hole cards postflop. There will be two feature tables, and coverage will shift between the tables every 30 minutes, but any "all-in and call" situations will be included.
ESPN 1 & 2 can be watched here http://www.atdhenet.tv/ from any country.:D

WSOP