WSOP Main Event Discussion Thread (***Contains Spoilers***)

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7/12/2010 8:37:42 PM PST (about 8 minutes ago)

Big Stacks Emerging

Over here in the orange section, a number of big stacks have emerged. We don't quite have anyone to match the stack of Paul Kristoffersson, but we do boast the following:

Frank Jordan - 488,000

Rudy Miller - 465,000

Imari Love - 450,000

Suleiman Abueid - 428,000

Jacob Tyler - 405,000

With one level remaining, these players are running out of time if they want to head into Day 4 with the desired title of overnight chip leader.

Frank is posted as #11 on the leaderboard.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

JORDAN FTW!!!!

Last edited:
arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7/12/2010 8:37:42 PM PST (about 8 minutes ago)

Big Stacks Emerging

Over here in the orange section, a number of big stacks have emerged. We don't quite have anyone to match the stack of Paul Kristoffersson, but we do boast the following:

Frank Jordan - 488,000

Rudy Miller - 465,000

Imari Love - 450,000

Suleiman Abueid - 428,000

Jacob Tyler - 405,000

With one level remaining, these players are running out of time if they want to head into Day 4 with the desired title of overnight chip leader.

Frank is posted as #11 on the leaderboard.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

JORDAN FTW!!!!

Look out - Johnny Chan is back at #1 with over 600K after taking down a HUGE pot.

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frank J. and Johnny C. playing at the same table....that would be awesome.
:cool:

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got a tweet from Frank...he ended the day with 554.3k and that puts him in about 13th place right now.

Life is good...life is very good. I'm so excited for him.

Last edited:
LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NOLA, do you know the details of Frank's journey to the ME? Did he satty in on the internet or live? Is this his first time?

11 on the Leaderboard is incredible!

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
108k going into Day 4. Only 1205 players left with 747 making the money. GL to the other CCers out there.

Don't worry, Mortis. If I take it down, I won't forget you guys. I'll need somewhere to brag about it, anyway. :p

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL Buddha, you still got 45bbs to play with so heaps of room to move up :)

dexon303

dexon303

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st Johnny Chan - 580,000
Go Johny Go!!!

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huh, never occured to me you could hit the bubble inside of four days. Very interesting thread so far. Good luck CC'ers.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
108k going into Day 4. Only 1205 players left with 747 making the money. GL to the other CCers out there.

Don't worry, Mortis. If I take it down, I won't forget you guys. I'll need somewhere to brag about it, anyway. :p

Haha.. good to hear :D

At the start of Day 4 ---

Johnny Chan is in 9th place with 636K
Frank Jordan is in 15th place with 554K

And Paul Hoppe is sitting just under Michael Mizarachi's chip stack, but just ahead of Scotty Nguyen.

Epic final table possibility:

Paul Hoppe
Frank Jordan
Johnny Chan
Scotty Nguyen
Frank Kassela
Patrik Antonius
Sammy Farha
Jason Mercier
Bruce Buffer

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck to the rest of the CC'ers in it. Hope u take it down Buddha!!

Peace.

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha.. good to hear :D

At the start of Day 4 ---

Johnny Chan is in 9th place with 636K
Frank Jordan is in 15th place with 554K

And Paul Hoppe is sitting just under Michael Mizarachi's chip stack, but just ahead of Scotty Nguyen.

Epic final table possibility:

Paul Hoppe
Frank Jordan
Johnny Chan
Scotty Nguyen
Frank Kassela
Patrik Antonius
Sammy Farha
Jason Mercier
Bruce Buffer

ABSOLUTELY! Here's a lol donkament--they keep incorrectly posting Frank as "Jimmy" Jordan. They posted his name correctly all day yesterday, then went back to calling him "Jimmy" in the closing stats. :withstupi

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have the list at wsop.com ALL screwed up. They show Frank Jordan as out with 554.3k lost and Jimmy Jordan as #18 with 554.3k. This is NOT correct, so be aware that they are screwing up these chip count updates online at the WSOP.com website.
:(

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NOLA, do you know the details of Frank's journey to the ME? Did he satty in on the internet or live? Is this his first time?

11 on the Leaderboard is incredible!

I'm pretty sure this is his first ME, and I'm not sure how he got there. I don't think it was a satty, he may have been staked by Ryan Welch (his coach and mentor) but I'm not positive. He's a successful online player too so it's just as likely that he paid his own buyin.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's now 2:30 (c) on Tuesday. How close are we to the bubble? I see Paul is doing quite well! Go deeep man!

I ask because I'm on a dial-up connection and the WSOP site won't load for me...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's now 2:30 (c) on Tuesday. How close are we to the bubble? I see Paul is doing quite well! Go deeep man!

I ask because I'm on a dial-up connection and the WSOP site won't load for me...

There's about 1200 left... cash starts at 747 people, I think.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be back out at the Rio on Thursday and will be there until the November Nine are determined. If Paul is still in it, I'll try to hunt him down for an interview! Some big names left, obviously we're all hoping at least 1 can make it to the final table.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ya I never got this...nothing sexier in my opinion then long lustrous hair.

Short hair is for guys :cool:

I agree. In fact, while watching that portion of the clip, my eyes were drawn to the raven haired beauty at the left of the stage. Now, that's sexy.:D

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
846 left... less than 100 to go til the bubble. Buddha is still doin' ok, sitting at 100K in chips.

WSOP