WSOP Main Event Discussion Thread (***Contains Spoilers***)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Final Table bubble happening right now!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm gonna have to go with Pascal LeFrancois to win in this.. I think he's in a good position to actually win the whole thing.. and since I have actually played against him online, it's difficult not to root for him, haha.

Maybe not a great choice (considering he's out in 11th).
He called LP raise with QJ... guy in blinds raised.. he figured him for a squeeze and 4bet put the pile in... immediately called by KK.... sigh..

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My neighbour went out in 36th (Michal).
Not too bad.. 1/4 mil for playing a game.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the grinder took this down it would be epic

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Down to 10 - no pressure if your the short stack :eek::eek::eek::eek:

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a soulcrushing hand for matt affleck
I watched him earlier in the week on the TV-table.
He and Jonathan Duhamel were the big stacks. Matt Affleck played very loose agressive, and constantly put the preassure on his opponents.

dexon303

dexon303

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The leadership is Filippo Candia, with about 27 million chips,followed by John Racener and Jonathan Duhamel, both stack over 20 million. Over the next 8 players on the figure of 10 to 18 million chips, while others were below it.So that their completion is expected this year's wsop Main Event. However, as in this game everything is possible, it is easy to assume that there will be more turmoil until it reaches the final November Nine.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the November Nine are set. Having The Grinder in there is huge for poker. Can't wait to see it play out on ESPN over the next few months. Definitely some soul crushing hands along the way to the final table.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Maybe not a great choice (considering he's out in 11th).
He called LP raise with QJ... guy in blinds raised.. he figured him for a squeeze and 4bet put the pile in... immediately called by KK.... sigh..

At the time I wrote that, he was sitting in 3rd.. :p

I was hopin' Pascal could pull it off.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The November 9:

SEAT 1: Jason Sentl
Hometown: St. Louis Park, MN (USA)
Profession: Poker Pro
Note: This is Sentl's first time to ever cash in a WSOP event. He picked the right tournament and the right year to achieve a poker breakout.
Chip Count: 7,625,000

SEAT 2: Joseph Cheong
Hometown: La Mirada, CA (USA)
Note: Cheong won a WSOP Circuit gold ring and earned a degree in psychology from UC-San Diego. When Cheong won his victory three months ago, he promised himself he would play in the Main Event. Here he is, competing on poker's grandest stage.
Chip Count: 23,525,000

SEAT 3: John Dolan
Hometown: Bonita Springs, FL (USA)
Note: Dolan has six WSOP cashes, including three at this year's series. He has been one of the more consistent performers on this tournament, hanging around the leader board much of the way.
Chip Count: 46,250,000

SEAT 4: Jonathan Duhamel
Hometown: Boucherville, Quebec (canada)
Note: This is Duhamel's third time to cash at this year's WSOP. This has been a big year for Canada, with five gold bracelet winners. Duhamel hopes to become the sixth.
Chip Count: 65,975,000

SEAT 5: Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi
Hometown: Miami, FL (USA)
Note: "The Grinder" is among the most successful tournament performers since the poker boom began. He won his first WSOP gold bracelet and $1,559,046 in this year's Poker Players Championship.
Chip Count: 14,450,000

SEAT 6: Matthew Jarvis
Hometown: Surrey, BC (Canada)
Profession: Poker Pro/Student
Note: Jarvis is primarily an online player. This marks his first time to cash in a WSOP tournament. Jarvis would become the first Canadian world champion should he win the Main Event.
Chip Count: 16,700,000

SEAT 7: John Racener
Hometown: Port Richey, FL (USA)
Note: Racener is one of the stars of the national WSOP Circuit, with more than $500,000 in earnings, including the 2007 Main Event championship victory at Harrah's Atlantic City.
Chip Count: 19,050,000

SEAT 8: Filippo Candio
Hometown: Cagliari, Sardinia (Italy)
Note: Candio is the first Italian player ever to make it to the Main Event final table. He has a number of cashes at major tournaments held in Europe.
Chip Count: 16,400,000

SEAT 9: Cuong "Soi" Nguyen
Hometown: Santa Ana, CA (USA)
Profession: Sales (Medical Supplies)
Note: Nguyen is the senior player at this final table, at the advanced age of 36. He is also the only amateur sitting among the final nine. Nguyen has been near the chip lead during the past three days of competition. He cashed in the 2008 Main Event (614th place).
Chip Count: 9,650,000

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The November 9:

SEAT 9: Cuong "Soi" Nguyen
Hometown: Santa Ana, CA (USA)
Profession: Sales (Medical Supplies)
Note: Nguyen is the senior player at this final table, at the advanced age of 36. He is also the only amateur sitting among the final nine. Nguyen has been near the chip lead during the past three days of competition. He cashed in the 2008 Main Event (614th place).
Chip Count: 9,650,000

I read that he has no WSOP results, AND that this was his 4th time ever playing a live tournament.

I'm not sure why folks are of the belief that if a well-known pro with alot of good results behind them, actually wins the WSOP MainEvent that it'd be good for poker?? Why?
I would tend to think that if a no-name comes away with the win it'd attract alot more recreational players & wannabees to the tournaments. (< wouldn't this actually be better for poker?).

Sure if a pro takes it down & helps with the argument.. skill vs. luck but I think it'd be better for the game if the rookie takes it down.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My neighbour went out in 36th (Michal).
Not too bad.. 1/4 mil for playing a game.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned anything about this ^ (because I was joking obviously, lol,... my neighbour is busy playing a freeroll right now on Fulltilt & wants me to ship him 5)

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read that he has no WSOP results, AND that this was his 4th time ever playing a live tournament.

I'm not sure why folks are of the belief that if a well-known pro with alot of good results behind them, actually wins the WSOP MainEvent that it'd be good for poker?? Why?
I would tend to think that if a no-name comes away with the win it'd attract alot more recreational players & wannabees to the tournaments. (< wouldn't this actually be better for poker?).

Sure if a pro takes it down & helps with the argument.. skill vs. luck but I think it'd be better for the game if the rookie takes it down.

He's also being backed by Chino Rheem and Nam Le. So even if he wins, he might only get half or a third.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think this is the youngest WSOP ME final table (if you take all 9 players and find the median age.. in this case, the average is 26 years old).

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the youngest WSOP ME final table (if you take all 9 players and find the median age.. in this case, the average is 26 years old).

Median, and average are two different things. The median here is 25, and the average is somewhere between 26 and 28 (depending on which date they were born)

I agree, it is a very young table.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Rookies taking down the game has been good for poker - and it does attract a lot of new players. But having a pro take it down once in a while (and that time is probably due now) would be good in a lot of other ways and with the current state of online poker in the US that kind of shot is probably worth a lot more than the rookie shot right now.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Median, and average are two different things. The median here is 25, and the average is somewhere between 26 and 28 (depending on which date they were born)

I agree, it is a very young table.

My bad.. I just took the average of the ages posted in the previous post.. which came out to 26.222

That would be interesting if Mizarchi wins the first (technically 2nd, but first bracelet event) and last events of the WSOP.

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone also notice that 3 of the 9 are from Florida? What are they putting in the water down there?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a soulcrushing hand for matt affleck

I watched him earlier in the week on the TV-table.
He and Jonathan Duhamel were the big stacks. Matt Affleck played very loose agressive, and constantly put the preassure on his opponents.

Matt is a beast, such a sick way to go out. Honestly if he wins that pot he's a huge favourite to win the tournament. Always seems like a good guy too, a shame really

The November 9:

SEAT 1: Jason Sentl
Hometown: St. Louis Park, MN (USA)
Note: This is Sentl's first time to ever cash in a WSOP event. He picked the right tournament and the right year to achieve a poker breakout.
Chip Count: 7,625,000

SEAT 2: Joseph Cheong
Hometown: La Mirada, CA (USA)
Note: Cheong won a WSOP Circuit gold ring and earned a degree in psychology from UC-San Diego. When Cheong won his victory three months ago, he promised himself he would play in the Main Event. Here he is, competing on poker's grandest stage.
Chip Count: 23,525,000

Rooting for these guys

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Isn't 'Cheong' "subiime" on Fulltilt (an MTT reg. on FT)? (I believe so.... with the MiniFtops avatar & a pretty decent MTT profit on there).

WSOP