WSOP Main Event Discussion Thread (***Contains Spoilers***)

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to Frank Jordan! Making it that deep in this tournament takes some serious work. I would have liked to make it deeper myself, but I was a bit relieved this morning when I woke up and didn't have to go play. :)

jdrw420

jdrw420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mercier Eliminated..

7/14/207/14/2010 2:23:01 PM PST (about 12 hours and 46 minutes ago)

Jd.gif
Ad.gif
SON Mercier open-shoved from late position with
As.gif
Tc.gif
, but ran into Olivier Daeninckx's pocket aces. The board ran out
9d.gif
4c.gif
2s.gif
5d.gif
Qh.gif
and Mercier's Main Event came to an end.

ugh.. I so badly wanted to see this kid make the final table; such a talented poker player.

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ouch. That's got to hurt. Yeah I agree Mercier has a lot of potential, but I've seen lately he's playing far from his play-level. I hope he regains the confidence and level he's capable of.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gutter 4 Mercier, he'll do well another day.

jdrw420

jdrw420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he was doing insanely well and then we had a lapse of better judgment I guess and got it in with 55 vs Mizrachi's KK. This was, in my opinion, Merciers unfortunate lead to his downfall.

7/14/2010 1:39:00 PM PST (about 13 hours and 52 minutes ago)
Robert Mizrachi Doubles Through Jason Mercier
Jason Mercier opened for 19,000 from middle position and Robert Mizrachi three-bet to 55,000 from the button. Mercier four-bet shoved and Mizrachi called all-in for 338,000.
Mizrachi
Kd.gif
Kc.gif

Mercier
5d.gif
5s.gif

Typically, the dealer holds up before dealing out the board while ESPN's crew gets into place. The cameras were still swarming when the dealer spread out the
Qs.gif
Td.gif
8h.gif
flop, and then burned and turned the
Ks.gif
, leaving Mercier drawing dead.
"Wait!!!" a producer screamed, trying to hold up the deal, but it was too late. A tortured Mercier had to endure the pomp and circumstance before the
9h.gif
arrived on the river, giving Mizrachi a double-up to 690,000. Mercier was left with 133,000.

Fat Pot!

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where did u come in the ME buddha? Did u make it ITM?? Mannn I hope I can win a seat for nxt yr.

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not bad results
did 2 but never maneged to cash in them:(
but both where won by satalites so had some great time over there :)

NOLA Red

NOLA Red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know how the 1st prize went from being listed as $14 mil to now being listed at $8.9 mil?

Did the dealers demand a bigger toke or what? Kidding obviously.

I know the WSOP live update site has been slightly unreliable, but wtf...that's kind of a bird-brain error imo.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Does anyone know how the 1st prize went from being listed as $14 mil to now being listed at $8.9 mil?

Did the dealers demand a bigger toke or what? Kidding obviously.

I know the WSOP live update site has been slightly unreliable, but wtf...that's kind of a bird-brain error imo.

I don't know where you saw $14 mil at.. it's always shown $8.9 mil.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chan out in 159th. Must have lost a bad one about a half hour ago. Too bad.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There aren't a lot of people who I recognize right off going into Day 7 (top 78).. a few I do, though.

Pascal LeFrancois - A full tilt poker pro, who I've actually played a game with on there. He occasionally jumps into a $1+.10 90-player SnG.

If I were to pick a final table that I would like to see with the remaining players, I would go with:

Pascal LeFrancois
Hasan Habib
Matt Affleck
Scott Clements
David Benyamine
Michael Mizrachi
Adam Levy
Johnny Lodden
Theo Jorgensen

Btw.. for those who don't know.. chip leader, Theo Jorgensen, won the WPT main event in Paris this past May.. he could be the only player to win a WPT Main Event and WSOP Main Event in the same year.

R

rozzz5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Benyamine also made a very deep run last year as well. I think he finished around 100th if I'm not mistaken.

robhimself

robhimself

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And Benyamine out too.... BOOOOO

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mizrachi hasn't been having a great day either. Was up over 8 Mil early on, then lost about 2 mil when his 77 lost to QQ (Mizrachi had straight outs on the river as well). Then he seemed to blow up and drop down to 3 Mil, then was down to 1.5 Mil before he got doubled up with AJ vs. 10 9 s.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow...not quite Billy Kopp vs. Darvin Moon kinda bad, but still bad. I guess 7 playing days over an almost 2 week period fries your brain into decisions like these:

Brandon Steven raised to 225,000 from late position, and he found calls from both of the blinds -- Theo Jorgensen in the small and Cuong Nguyen in the big.
The three players took a flop of
kc.gif
5h.gif
9c.gif
, and some serious action ensued. The blinds checked, and Steven continued out with a bet of 525,000. Jorgensen check-called, but Nguyen wanted to play for more. He raised to 1.5 million, and Steven quickly folded. Jorgensen promptly reraised to 4 million straight and Nguyen came right back over the top with an all-in shove for 7.62 million. Jorgensen called, and all of the sudden there was a pot of 19.52 million up for grabs!
A wave of chatter swept through the spectator gallery as everyone quickly booked their bets on the players' two hands. Set over set? Ace-king versus a set? Not quite. Showdown, please:
Jorgensen:
ac.gif
3c.gif

Nguyen:
kh.gif
jc.gif

Seriously. These guys are not messing around. Jorgensen was on the club draw, and his overcard ace gave him three extra outs. Nguyen had put about 8 million in with just top pair-medium kicker, but he was ahead with two cards to come and in position to win a chip-leading pot.
Turn:
10d.gif
. That's the wrong color for Jorgensen, and Nguyen didn't even flinch.
River:
3d.gif
. Jorgensen paired up, but it was the wrong card. His lowly pair of threes was no match for Nguyen's pair, and that gargantuan pile of chips goes to Nguyen.
Let the record show that on the last hand before the dinner break, Cuong Nguyen took a commanding chip lead in the Main Event with 19.52 million. Jorgensen, once mighty himself, has been reduced to just 2.3 million.
Wow.

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thought it was great

Figured I'd throw up our annual Main Event Chat thread. First two levels in the books and Greg Raymer and Nick Schulman are already gone. Raymer mainly gone when his top pair and flush draw crippled him vs. a set. Then was all in with his favorite 88 vs. AA.

Lots of pros and celebrities playing on Day 1A. Should be interesting to see what the official numbers turn out to be.

I really think the wsop is beginningto become one of the most anticipated event on the planet..like most ppl in the u.s anticipate say the ncaa basketball season the world anticipates the wsop..in my opinion anyway..

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a friend that played in the main event this year. he was busted yesterday on day 7. Starting the day he had 1,150,000 in chips. He said that his goal for to day was to push with any decent hand since he was short stacked. He was very exhausted form playing so long every day. So someone who was also shortstacked raised and he went all in with K 10. The other person called with AK. He said it was a happy but sad day lol. he was happy that it was over because he was so tired. He was sad because he was out. He finished in 74th place and won almost $95,000.00. His name is Brock Bourne. he was on the featured table on day 6 sitting next to Michael "The Grinder" Mizzrachi. He is wearing a green shirt. If you will be watching the Main Event on ESPN you will see him. He did a great job and i am proud of him.:congrats:

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm gonna have to go with Pascal LeFrancois to win in this.. I think he's in a good position to actually win the whole thing.. and since I have actually played against him online, it's difficult not to root for him, haha.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna have to go with Pascal LeFrancois to win in this.. I think he's in a good position to actually win the whole thing.. and since I have actually played against him online, it's difficult not to root for him, haha.

Should he go on to win, he'd be another double bracelet winner this year.

WSOP